Sponsored by:

C63 Catless Downpipe recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C204 C63 P31, A205 C63, C204 C63 507 Edition
C63 Catless Downpipe recommendations

I traded my Long-tube header C63 (204) and picked up a 2017 C63 (205) and I am looking for a catless downpipe setup without paying for extremely over priced weistec or renntech sets, does anybody have any recommendations? I already have secondary cats deleted and weistec VTA's for fun but I want to get the full sound and performance. Also I heard you can potentially cut the primaries and add a filler pipe without welding, thoughts on that?
Old 03-28-2022, 06:24 PM
SPONSOR

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
AMGs :)
Originally Posted by AMGMoterWorks
I traded my Long-tube header C63 (204) and picked up a 2017 C63 (205) and I am looking for a catless downpipe setup without paying for extremely over priced weistec or renntech sets, does anybody have any recommendations? I already have secondary cats deleted and weistec VTA's for fun but I want to get the full sound and performance. Also I heard you can potentially cut the primaries and add a filler pipe without welding, thoughts on that?
Shameless spam, but we can help.
https://www.zacmotorsport.com/collec...ke-and-exhaust
Old 03-28-2022, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C204 C63 P31, A205 C63, C204 C63 507 Edition
Originally Posted by ZAC MOTORSPORT
how is this spam? I just want a cheaper alternative and haven't seen any threads yet...
Old 03-29-2022, 09:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
how is this spam? I just want a cheaper alternative and haven't seen any threads yet...
He's making a joke about posting a link to his own website...
The following users liked this post:
ZAC MOTORSPORT (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 10:44 PM

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
C63s Sedan
Got mine from this guy at a great price

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/774810-w205-c63-downpipe-kit-economical-option.html?ispreloading=1
The following users liked this post:
shardul1 (03-30-2022)
Old 03-31-2022, 05:37 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
C63 amg edition 1
I run theirs in my car. Solid product, good welds, car makes 570whp on 91 with intakes and downpipes with a tune
Old 05-26-2022, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
I would recommend not paying $1200 for a set of downpipes. I can tell you for a fact most of the downpipes come from the same factories. Shop on price. If they look the same They are, No downpipe for this platform should cost $1000+ https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/w20...amg-downpipes/
Old 05-26-2022, 11:03 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
none
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
I would recommend not paying $1200 for a set of downpipes. I can tell you for a fact most of the downpipes come from the same factories. Shop on price. If they look the same They are, No downpipe for this platform should cost $1000+ https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/w20...amg-downpipes/
Why does it say the DPs will be discontinued once out of stock?
Old 07-06-2022, 06:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s AMG and 2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Just canceled the order I made last night for Fi DPs from autotalent.com and ordered my downpipes from VRP thanks to seeing your comment. I was nervous because VRP site says that weld in cats are required for this downpipe to fit, but I called and the rep said they will send the full pipe so that it will fit and work without cats (I promised her this car will only be driven on the planet Saturn, and will not be driven in the U.S. or on planet earth under emissions regulations ).

Still a little nervous about how well it will fit, since one of my priorities was finding DPs that would be very quick and easy to install, and not have any increased chance of triggering error codes beyond what my OE tuning will correct. Would love to hear from anyone else that has ordered DPs from VRP. Or if anyone has a recording of how these DPs sound that would be amazing!
Old 07-06-2022, 07:43 PM
SPONSOR

Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
AMGs :)
Originally Posted by Gkg434
Just canceled the order I made last night for Fi DPs from autotalent.com and ordered my downpipes from VRP thanks to seeing your comment. I was nervous because VRP site says that weld in cats are required for this downpipe to fit, but I called and the rep said they will send the full pipe so that it will fit and work without cats (I promised her this car will only be driven on the planet Saturn, and will not be driven in the U.S. or on planet earth under emissions regulations ).

Still a little nervous about how well it will fit, since one of my priorities was finding DPs that would be very quick and easy to install, and not have any increased chance of triggering error codes beyond what my OE tuning will correct. Would love to hear from anyone else that has ordered DPs from VRP. Or if anyone has a recording of how these DPs sound that would be amazing!
Should have contacted us bro, we have DP's and can weld in the cats for you.. https://www.zacmotorsport.com/collec...39636806008875

Not sure why you would bother with sports downpipes without a tune though, just get the secondary cats gutted if you want the sound.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s AMG and 2017 Porsche Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by ZAC MOTORSPORT
Should have contacted us bro, we have DP's and can weld in the cats for you.. https://www.zacmotorsport.com/collec...39636806008875

Not sure why you would bother with sports downpipes without a tune though, just get the secondary cats gutted if you want the sound.
I probably explained poorly; I don't want cats, I just meant the VRP site said weld in cats are required for their DP to work. That's why I was nervous, didn't want to have to add cats. But the confirmed it'll work catless. I considered the secondary cat delete, but I do want more power where I can get it, and am also doing a tune.

I did seriously consider ZAC DPs also after seeing your comment earlier; just went with VRP because it's on sale for $700, and also because I believe they are 3", rather than ZACs 3.5", which I figured would be more likely to be loud as (bleep), but probably just a notch more tame than the 3.5" which I think my neighbors, my wife, and my 1.5 year old will appreciate lol Doubt it'll make much difference, but didn't want it to be so loud that my wife ends up making me choose between her and the car

Wish my car could be stupid loud, but only audible to myself and other car guys.. not to any of the civilized people in my neighborhood that don't understand why I need 600 horsepower on this small island.