CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

tpms on dash after low tire pressure, help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2018 | 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
Smile tpms on dash after low tire pressure, help

hi, on sunday i had low right rear tire and the red tpms ligh was on the dash. had tire fixed and everything inflated properly. now every time i turn on the ignition i get a white tpms light that i have to reset to get back to the normal settings. i have used my star system and erased all codes, yet i can't seem to get rid of the white tpms light. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Old 03-27-2018 | 03:32 PM

2001 CL500 AMG Sport
It might be possible the TPMS sensor in the tire might need to be replaced and calibrated. I honestly dont know tho.
Old 03-27-2018 | 05:47 PM

CL
Originally Posted by biker349
hi, on sunday i had low right rear tire and the red tpms ligh was on the dash. had tire fixed and everything inflated properly. now every time i turn on the ignition i get a white tpms light that i have to reset to get back to the normal settings. i have used my star system and erased all codes, yet i can't seem to get rid of the white tpms light. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
In Das, reactivate there

verify that all sensors show live, if not, the flat tire one is dead

let me know
Old 03-27-2018 | 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
Originally Posted by pmercury
In Das, reactivate there

verify that all sensors show live, if not, the flat tire one is dead

let me know
the sensor is not dead and does not need to be reactivated. i checked the tire with a manuil tire pressure gauge and it shows the same exact reading as the car shows on the dash. i check everywhere on das and couldn't find anything related to tpms, or reactivate tpms. the sensor is not dead. is it possible that i have to cycle the ignition on and off a specific number of times to get the white tpms light to stop coming on?
Old 03-27-2018 | 11:56 PM

CL
yes there is

make sure you have it activated in dash

then as I show you ect

if you reactivate with the dash button, you must drive for a few miles
sometimes it works, sometimes not

insist, with das or dash button
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (03-28-2018)
Old 03-28-2018 | 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
pmercury, thank you so much. that is exactly the information i needed.
Old 04-02-2018 | 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
hi, i've tried to do adaptations at least 6 times using different cars and activations. nothing seems to work. the dash white light says tire pressure monitor activated. if i press the R button on the dash everything goes back to normal, but everytime i restart the car i get the white message again. i tried going through the adaptations menu and i get a screen that says at the top READ CODING AND CHANGE IF NECESSARY, under that the screen says ADAPTATIONS and under that the screen says THE CONTROL UNIT DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FUNCTION. when i go to CODING THE SCREEN ASKS FOR AN ID NUMBER. this is a 2004 cl600. i've tried going thru body and all the other screens you showed and still get the same messages above. any advice? i know i'm almost there. a mercedes mechanic fixed this same problem with his star system in like 3 minutes. i'd like to be able to fix it with my star system too.
Old 04-02-2018 | 03:06 PM

CL
hi, i've tried to do adaptations at least 6 times using different cars and activations. nothing seems to work. the dash white light says tire pressure monitor activated. if i press the R button on the dash everything goes back to normal, but everytime i restart the car i get the white message again. i tried going through the adaptations menu and i get a screen that says at the top READ CODING AND CHANGE IF NECESSARY, under that the screen says ADAPTATIONS and under that the screen says THE CONTROL UNIT DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS FUNCTION. when i go to CODING THE SCREEN ASKS FOR AN ID NUMBER. this is a 2004 cl600. i've tried going thru body and all the other screens you showed and still get the same messages above. any advice? i know i'm almost there. a mercedes mechanic fixed this same problem with his star system in like 3 minutes. i'd like to be able to fix it with my star system too.
it asks you to deflate the left front tire 0.4 bar the correct back then push detect
that for all tires
didn't that work ?
if not you'll need the read the code on each sensor and input it manually
also, for some fonctions you need Developper Mode activated in DAS
Old 04-02-2018 | 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

cl600
thanks again for your quick response. i don't have a tire inflater so it's hard to deflate and then inflate each tire. however i do have developer mode. can i use that, or is there a way to get a coding ID #? i remember when the mechanic did it he went straight thru DAS without touching a tire.
btw, what does 4 BAR translate to in LBS?

Last edited by biker349; 04-02-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2018 | 06:14 PM

CL
thanks again for your quick response. i don't have a tire inflater so it's hard to deflate and then inflate each tire. however i do have developer mode. can i use that, or is there a way to get a coding ID #? i remember when the mechanic did it he went straight thru DAS without touching a tire.
btw, what does 4 BAR translate to in LBS?
the tire sensor ID is written on the sensor
maybe they use a standard code, the same 4 each time
try using 1001 1002 1003 and 1004
biker349 (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018 | 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I get the same stupid white warning coming on every time I start my car after having a flat tire , if I push the reset on the cluster its fine but comes back next time I start the car

no matter how many times I try resetting it keeps coming back every time I start the car . Annoying but I'm not going to spend $100 to have someone with star fix it
Old 04-03-2018 | 03:07 AM

CL
guys
you have to be aware that these sensors have a short lifetime
a few years only
they die and don't have enough sending power

mine were not working when I bought the car

buy a new compatible set from ebay
write down the codes from each sensor, that goes like 5D5V45 ect
then in DAS enter this manually withe the option you need time to buy them and you don't want the light, go in das Cluster variant coding, mark tire pressure NOT PRESENT
then in Central Gateway, variant coding, NOT present and you'll have no more warnings in DAS
This is what I did when I switched to my Brabus rimms
biker349 (04-03-2018)
Old 04-04-2018 | 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Our senders still work fine and still show the correct pressure . It's not the sensor battery. The issue is that after a flat tire they seem to require some sort of reset and while it says just pressing the instrument cluster reset button will fix it , it only fixed it for that driving cycle

the white error reappears at every restart .
Old 04-04-2018 | 03:28 AM

CL
I know that it's a problem, when I got my car with the original rims they where dead
bought a set from ebay, couldn't get them work

by entering the serials manually it worked immediately

also, some workshops use a sensor reader, with that tool you can wake up the sensor and read the codes from outside the wheel, that is why they are so quick
John Choi (04-04-2018)