CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

Supercharger not engaging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 cl 55 amg
Supercharger not engaging

Hi have a 2003 cl55 amg with 100k miles exactly this car has been perfectly maintained since I owned it for the past 5 years. Yesterday I was doing some hard pulls on the freeway I was in third gear with sport mode using the paddle shifters doing like 85 I stepped on the gas felt a hard jerk and then the car lost power all of a sudden and went into limp mode. Then the next day it was fine it seems to now go to limp mode and the super charger does not engage sometimes at high speeds I put a new intercooler pump 4 years ago. What could the issue be is it a problem with the transmission? Did my intercooler pump go bad. I just got back from taking a test run and it just seems to work fine some times and other times it goes to limp mode. Any help on what it could be would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 08-16-2019, 01:27 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG Komp.
I would have someone with Xentry DAS run a scan. I ran mine without the S/C belt when the pulley came apart and it never went into limp mode. It drove like a normal car. I have also had my intercooler pump go out and I didn't notice much difference other than the car felt a little slower after a few times stepping on it. I assume the intake temperature was getting high and the computer is pulling timing out of the engine to compensate. Hope that helps. Please post the outcome of your problem to keep the few of us here informed.
Rick
Old 08-16-2019, 06:55 PM

2003 cl 55 amg
Originally Posted by Puerto Rick
I would have someone with Xentry DAS run a scan. I ran mine without the S/C belt when the pulley came apart and it never went into limp mode. It drove like a normal car. I have also had my intercooler pump go out and I didn't notice much difference other than the car felt a little slower after a few times stepping on it. I assume the intake temperature was getting high and the computer is pulling timing out of the engine to compensate. Hope that helps. Please post the outcome of your problem to keep the few of us here informed.
Rick
My guess its the ic pump again or a sensoer
Old 08-17-2019, 05:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 MB CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Amgfan80
Hi have a 2003 cl55 amg with 100k miles exactly this car has been perfectly maintained since I owned it for the past 5 years. Yesterday I was doing some hard pulls on the freeway I was in third gear with sport mode using the paddle shifters doing like 85 I stepped on the gas felt a hard jerk and then the car lost power all of a sudden and went into limp mode. Then the next day it was fine it seems to now go to limp mode and the super charger does not engage sometimes at high speeds I put a new intercooler pump 4 years ago. What could the issue be is it a problem with the transmission? Did my intercooler pump go bad. I just got back from taking a test run and it just seems to work fine some times and other times it goes to limp mode. Any help on what it could be would be greatly appreciated thanks
Hi. Your problem made me join the forum. I had the same problem last week and the car did exactly what you are describing. I replaced the throttle position sensor (gas pedal assy) and corrected it. One bolt, 5 min and a $195 part. Good Luck.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019, 06:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 MB CL55 AMG
I just had the same issue as described and it was the throttle position sensor (gas pedal assy). 1 bolt, 5 min, $195.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:16 PM

2003 cl 55 amg
Originally Posted by scsp
I just had the same issue as described and it was the throttle position sensor (gas pedal assy). 1 bolt, 5 min, $195.

Good luck.
Ok I just replaced the gas pedal assembly and that did not fix the problem 200.00 down the drain. What else could it be ?? Ic pump? That's the only other thing I can think of
Old 08-21-2019, 08:47 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG Komp.
My guess is to get it diagnosed with a MB tech and quit guessing with your open wallet
Old 08-22-2019, 02:06 AM

2003 cl 55 amg
Originally Posted by Puerto Rick
My guess is to get it diagnosed with a MB tech and quit guessing with your open wallet
Problem fixed it was the IC pump again thats the 2nd time in 4 years i have had to replace the ic pump
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (08-22-2019)