CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) 2000 - 2014 (Two Generations)

The new BMW M6

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005 | 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ENARANG
And you big boy 65 drivers thought you were all on top of the world. Get ready the M6 CSL will be coming. A few specs...

Considering the M6 runs a 0-60 time of 4.6 seconds (it is conservative) and has a top speed of 205 miles per hour when de-limited just think what the M6 CSL will bring to the table.

A still luxurious car with lightning speed. The 5.0 liter v-10 in the M6 will be moved to 5.5L. The 500 horsepower will be upgraded to 550. The weight will be stripped down.

If you consider the change from the 645Ci to the M6 you get these numbers. A .9 second 0-60 difference. the 645Ci hits it in 5.5 and the M6 in 4.6

Now BMW is not just improving the engine but they are cutting a lot of weight from the car. I would expect an 11 or 12 second difference to 60 m.p.h. So we do the math and we get approximately 3.4-3.7 seconds. Yes that is approaching super car territory.

The 1/4 mile shold be done in extremely low 11's stock or maybe even high 10's. Again hitting suepercar area with top speed of probably in excess of 215 mph!!!!

AMG we have a Bavarian Rocket
The M6 may do a low 12 and the CSL a high 11 or 12 flat but you've missed the point of both vehicles, they are not designed for straightline speed and if you buy one (not likely at your age) thinking they are you'll be sorry becasue theres faster cars around. The weight reduction is not to increase acceleration (its just a bonus) but to help the handling aspect of the car which you failed to mention.
Old 02-11-2005 | 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by ENEMA THE WANNABE
I think the 0-60 will be much quicker. As stated on BMWUSA.com the 0-60 was 4.5 I think it will be more like 4.3 or 4.4 faster then the E55.
Apparantly mommy and daddy don't buy junior many car mags...

Car & Driver tests the E55: 0-60 in 4.3 seconds

Motor Trend tests E55: 0-60: 4.2 seconds

Road & Track tests E55: 0-60 in 4.2 seconds

Or, we can simply compare the acceleration of the SL55, which is a bit slower than the E55, with the M5, thanks to German auto mag Auto Motor und Sport:

Comparison test:

Tested car: SL55 M5
Acceleration
0 - 40 Km/h 1,4 s 1,5 s
0 - 60 Km/h 2,2 s 2,3 s
0 - 80 Km/h 3,1 s 3,5 s
0 - 100 Km/h 4,3 s 4,5 s
0 - 120 Km/h 5,6 s 5,9 s
0 - 140 Km/h 7,1 s 7,4 s
0 - 160 Km/h 9,4 s 9,2 s
0 - 180 Km/h 11,2 s 11,6 s
0 - 200 Km/h 13,8 s 13,8 s

Hmm, looks pretty even to me there, junior.

Poor ENEMA...he was born with an overactive imagination and a stunted brain...can anyone help him?

The 1/4 mile will be more like 12 seconds.
No. To get a 12 second 1/4, the car would have to run 0-60 in 4.0 or better. There are numerous tests available from Europe, none are anywhere near this fast, which you would know if you read anything other than comic books.

Perhaps when you imagine the purchase of your imaginary M6 to go along with all of your imaginary cars, you can run an imaginary race against one of your imaginary AMGs with one of your imaginary friends driving to find out...because that's as close as you'll ever get to running one (or, in all likelihood, to having friends).

But tell us: why do you think that the musings of a proven liar like yourself are of interest to anyone on this board?

It's just simply faster then the E55.
One thing's for certain: ALL of them are faster than your collection of cars, which is zip. You're nothing but a punk kid trolling the forums looking for trouble. From now on, each and every one of your trolling posts will be reported to the moderators, by me and anyone else who is annoyed enough. Trolls generally have a short lifespan here...

If anyone wants to report him to the mods, click on the little red triangle with the "!" in it....

Or you can click here:
Old 02-11-2005 | 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
ENEMA, my imaginary toys can beat your imaginary toys!

So you think your imaginary M6 is cool? HAH!!!

My imaginary goon friend, no wait, my imaginary friends, no wait, my imaginary ARMY will CRUSH your imaginary M6, along with all of your other imaginary cars, like BUGS!!

Or better still, my imaginary private jet is faster, no wait, my imaginary fleet of private jets are faster, no wait, my imaginary private AIR FORCE will fly at MACH 10 ***AND*** shoot your imaginary M6's tires off with imaginary M-SEEKING MISSILES!!!

In fact, when I had dinner with the President and the Security Council at the UN today, I told them about your imaginary M6, and they agreed that it was a DANGER TO OUR FREEDOM to have an EVIL TEENAGE TYRANT with an OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION (AND PITUITARY GLAND) owning IMAGINARY WEAPONS OF MASS SUCTION like the Batmobile-resembling M6.

And so they IMMEDIATELY passed a BINDING UN RESOLUTION BANNING you from TROLLING OUR FORUMS, eating SUGAR COOKIES, SUCKING YOUR THUMB, and BED WETTING

FURTHER, they will IMMEDIATELY be TAKING your SECURITY BLANKET ***AND*** your TEDDY BEAR AWAY for ONE WEEK, ****FORCING**** you to GO TO BED WITHOUT DESERT, and ***FINALLY*** to write "I WILL NOT BOTHER THE ADULTS ON THE MERCEDES FORUMS ANYMORE" 1,000,000,000 TIMES on an IMAGINARY BLACKBOARD.

OTHERWISE, they WILL send GI JOE and his ARMY OF MERCINARIES to ATTACK AND CHANGE YOUR REGIME (and your DIAPER).

And check this out: THE FRENCH AND THE GERMANS WENT FOR IT TOO! Why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER.

That is all. You HAVE been warned.

Last edited by Improviz; 02-11-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2005 | 10:10 PM

2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition - White
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Improv, don't waste your time with him.

I notion he be banned.
Yeap, I second that.
Old 02-17-2005 | 04:58 PM

I’m not sure if I should talk about the new M6 or banning ENARANG. Anyway since the topic is about the M6 personally (6 series) I think it’s a nice looking car but the dash is a bit too empty for me. On the other hand, the new M6 sounds amazing here is a clip. http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=964
Old 02-17-2005 | 05:22 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by ENARANG
I dunno but that new M6 looks awfully nice and is just as fast if not faster then the CL55 and even CL600. If I had to bet on it I'd say the price is a few thousand dollars less for an equally good car. 'm not sure about the pricing as it doesn't sem to have been released yet.

Just wondering what some of you guys think about the new M which will be the long awaited for equalizer from BMW in terms of performance and speed.
The New BMW M6 is fabulous! I take it over CL600, even over SL55! It has engine from Lamborghini Gallardo >> it speak for everything else....
Its true sports car >> more controlling of your car <<< less control by computer.
Old 02-17-2005 | 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by elbimmer
The New BMW M6 is fabulous! I take it over CL600, even over SL55! It has engine from Lamborghini Gallardo >> it speak for everything else....
Its true sports car >> more controlling of your car <<< less control by computer.
Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
Old 02-17-2005 | 08:16 PM
Almost a Member!

'04 E55 AMG
LMFAO. Improviz is feeding on the crippled again...
Old 02-18-2005 | 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
ENEMA, I guess my posting this once wasn't sufficient for you, so I'll post it agein. Here is your posting history.

Here, 12/09/03, you claimed to own the following:

While here, on 7/14/04 you claimed to have owned the following:

And then there was this post, from 7/24/03:

So, you own a 745Li, oh no wait, it is a 760Li, and you own a Rolls, oh no wait, you are planning to purchase one, and you owned a CL600, oh no wait, you didn't, and an S600, oh no wait, it was an S500 4matic sport, and an X5 4.6is, or not...hmmm.... Oh, and as someone pointed out: there's no such thing as a 2003 Rolls-Royce Corniche, ENEMA.

Hmm, so you OWNED a CL63, ENEMA? So why was it such a big deal to you on 9/04/03, when you claimed to have SEEN one overseas?

Similarly, if you have owned a CL600 as you claimed on 12/09/03, why is it you were so excited to see one on 8/01/03:

And again on 12/30/03, you were quite excited to see all of the CL's in Vegas:

And if you're indeed wealthy enough to have afforded the list of cars you listed previously, the following thread you started is rather puzzling:

So, you own a 745Li, oh no wait, it is a 760Li, and you own a Rolls, oh no wait, you are planning to purchase one, and you owned a CL600, oh no wait, you didn't, and an S600, oh no wait, it was an S500 4matic sport, and an X5 4.6is, or not...and you are very impressed by seeing cars...that you have already owned. And oh, yes, despite owning nearly $1 million worth of cars, you're curious to know how people can afford such expensive cars.

As I said: I think you're nothing more than a thirteen year old wannabe and a troll, whose *real* transportation is:

THIS:
Wow you totally OWNED HIM.... I have never seen ownage like that before
Old 02-21-2005 | 12:22 AM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
Why do people brag about and imagine things they don't really possess?

I drive a humble E200K that does 0-100km/h in 9.9 seconds and gets passed by Honda Civics Riceboy racers at the traffic lights ... heck, even the public transport's probably faster than my drive...

But, it's mine, it's real ... and I love the smell of the leather treatment product everytime I climb into the driver's seat to be overtaken by Riceboy racers...
Old 02-21-2005 | 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

M6 Gran Coupe
Improviz, you are the official MBWorld poster of the week lol.
Old 02-22-2005 | 03:49 PM

SLK55 AMG
You own3d him dude! well done
Old 02-23-2005 | 04:53 PM
zee

2004 Silver CLK500
Noooo, don't ban Enema

I strongly object to dismiss Enarang from this forum.

He is hilarious, and I would hate not to see his frequent posts that do nothing but make me laugh wholeheartedly.

And then what is Improviz going to do once he is gone. He is doing some major *** kicking right now. It would be shame if we do not hear from Enema again (trying to reply, but then again poviding more entertainment).

Zee
Old 02-23-2005 | 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Why is everyone here arguing with a kid?
Old 02-24-2005 | 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by zee
I strongly object to dismiss Enarang from this forum.

He is hilarious, and I would hate not to see his frequent posts that do nothing but make me laugh wholeheartedly.

And then what is Improviz going to do once he is gone. He is doing some major *** kicking right now. It would be shame if we do not hear from Enema again (trying to reply, but then again poviding more entertainment).

Zee
Ban This guy too^^^ He only has 17 post, hes taking up bandwith!
Old 02-24-2005 | 12:34 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by MB AMG
Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
Yes, I am sure what I am talking about
Old 02-24-2005 | 12:37 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
I've ment less control by computer comparing to another similar cars....
Its more practical than SL55, it has more space available inside, for your baggage....
Its as fast as SL55.......
CL600 is too old, I dont think its good idea to buy CL600 instead of M6....
Old 02-24-2005 | 01:57 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
I've ment less control by computer comparing to another similar cars... its more practical than SL55, it has more space available inside, for your baggage... Its as fast as SL55... CL600 is too old, I dont think its good idea to buy CL600 instead of M6....
SL55 owner here and I love the 6 series and plan on getting the M6 when it comes out (but it won't replace the SL). I don't think ANY car that gets 12MPG is practical however!

As far as the styling... I've heard people say it looks like a Toyota Solera but I don't see it. The 6 series is one of about 10 cars that turn my head (in a good way) on the highway.

~ Ian
Old 02-25-2005 | 09:53 AM

04 M3, 05 R1
Yes, I am sure what I am talking about
are you really sure?
Old 02-25-2005 | 01:00 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by termigni
are you really sure?
Yes, definettely. Please stop making these worthless posts! That was my opinion, just opinion since I havent driven the new M6....thats just my opinion, should I write it again? If you do not respect others people opinions, then simply dont read them, ok?
Listen, if you have any problems with my opinions and another posts, just MP me! Thats all! You dont have to write these stupid posts here just in order to dont make the people read sh$t! We all came here for one reason. Discuss our cars, change our opinions.....dont make this board worse please!
Old 02-25-2005 | 11:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by elbUmmer
Yes, definettely. Please stop making these worthless posts! That was my opinion, just opinion since I havent driven the new M6....thats just my opinion, should I write it again? If you do not respect others people opinions, then simply dont read them, ok?
Listen, if you have any problems with my opinions and another posts, just MP me! Thats all! You dont have to write these stupid posts here just in order to dont make the people read sh$t! We all came here for one reason. Discuss our cars, change our opinions.....dont make this board worse please!
Hey Bummer, I have a suggestion - Go back to school with Enema and take a few spelling courses.

Hey to everyone else. Just stepped over from the "E" forum. Thought I would collect a little intelligence on the CLK, as I plan to get a new CLK55 after my E55 arrives in March or April. I wish I had the money to "Enema"ize my garage and buy one of everything. Can't manage it on a government salary, so I will settle for 2 of the finest cars I can afford.

Just wondering, why are there so many Bummerheads here, and not in there own forums whre they belong? You all can go home to mommy now. Bye.
Old 02-26-2005 | 07:14 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Hey Bummer, I have a suggestion - Go back to school with Enema and take a few spelling courses.

Hey to everyone else. Just stepped over from the "E" forum. Thought I would collect a little intelligence on the CLK, as I plan to get a new CLK55 after my E55 arrives in March or April. I wish I had the money to "Enema"ize my garage and buy one of everything. Can't manage it on a government salary, so I will settle for 2 of the finest cars I can afford.

Just wondering, why are there so many Bummerheads here, and not in there own forums whre they belong? You all can go home to mommy now. Bye.
I am sorry for my english dude. Lets see: I live in Moscow, its in Russia BTW if you dont know. Every day I speak Russian and German at work. I am also studying Czech language since we have some business partners there.....and besides that I am trying to keep my english knowledge.....Hmm....Still dont like my spelling?
English is my third foreign language, you know, dude, its quite hard to keep perfect spelling you know....
Some respect man....
I am not American or British, I want to see your foreign language skills...if you have some of course....yeah, you might know one other foreign language to dont be completely stupid ....but when you will speak 4 languages then I will see how good is your spelling...

And congrats to your E55, I hope you will enjoy your car
I have a C-Class, not even AMG, but I am still happy with it!
CLK 55 AMG is an awesome vehicle as well! Enjoy them!
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
What is wrong with this picture? " I live in Russia" and "I notice how many CL's there are in Los Angeles". I did not know they exported LA.
Old 02-26-2005 | 09:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Mr. Bimmer, my most humble apologies. I had you confused with enema and his LA sightings. I do respect your language capabilities, as I have lived in several other countries. It is nice that you admire BMW's and MB's. How is the traffic in Moscow? Any drag strips there?
Old 02-26-2005 | 11:15 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Mr. Bimmer, my most humble apologies. I had you confused with enema and his LA sightings. I do respect your language capabilities, as I have lived in several other countries. It is nice that you admire BMW's and MB's. How is the traffic in Moscow? Any drag strips there?
Thats OK. Moscow is very crowded (like New York), just download this video from here: http://members.home.nl/nica23/BMW%20...0RS4%20MTM.mpg

Thats the highway which is located around the city. Every day morning I am driving here. The traffic you can see in this video is just as much as 1/2 of the "crowded level" on this road....thats awful! 30-35% of people who own cars are driving to the closest subway station and taking the subway to the downtown.....

Something about street racing in Moscow:
http://www.pauldesign.ru/honda/ph_street_racing.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The new BMW M6