Notices

Fuel door stuck

Old 07-12-2019, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A220
Fuel door stuck

I mentioned elsewhere that my passenger airbag warning light is now fixed but after I left the dealer and decided to fill up, the fuel door wouldn't open. I tried fiddling with it for a while but couldn't get it to open. Called Mercedes and they said to bring it back. They weren't able to find an emergency release and so the car is back in the shop. Current ETA is it may not be looked at till Tuesday so I'm in a loaner for the 2nd time in 2 months.

I read of a similar problem with the new 2020 GLE so wondering if they use the same mechanism. Either way, this makes me a bit more nervous in driving the car to a near-empty tank. I understand it's not a best practice to drive near empty but it never occurred to me I couldn't even fill up if I wanted to in that situation.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Buying One
You seem to have your fair share of issues. I'll be sure never to have my tank below 1/2 after reading about this.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A220
Well, I figured since it's a brand new model that it might have a higher than average set of issues. That's why I got the extended warranty. At least the problems have been somewhat minor.

I read the 2020 GLE forum (we're also looking into that) and see people with more significant problems with the vehicle not starting or the main display dying. Given a lot of the electronics are shared between the two vehicles, this makes me a bit nervous.