CLE Class Coupe (C236) & Cabrio (A236) 2023-

My car is here and I’m driving it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
C43
Talking My car is here and I’m driving it!

OK, as promised, my CLE53 FIRST Impressions:

Disclaimer: I am writing this from the perspective of a 5 year driver of a 2019 C 43. If you already own a CLE 53 you’ll know what I’m talking about. If you’re considering a CLE 53 this should be helpful.

Day 1: It looks freakin’ awesome in real life, it is PHAT! Pictures will not do it justice. All of the SA’s were drooling over it. I’ve driven the car for less than 10 miles. It is a bigger car than the C43 and I felt the extra weight right away (+400 lbs up from my C43), which is conveniently offset by the extra horsepower (+65-ish) and some snappy steering feel. With the hybrid assist the car just wants to GO! I tried hard to baby the throttle but I managed a sprint to 5000rpm just merging into traffic! The Performance Seats are Great! I can’t wait to turn the car loose in some twisties and find the limits of those beefy Michelin’s Pilots. The exhaust note is deeper yet quieter and less “barky” then the C43, but I haven’t really pushed the car yet. And yes, the rear spoiler lip is “small”, like “why bother putting it on at all” small…

The “features” that I don’t like are the damn touch sensors on the steering wheel. I swipe left it goes up. I’m a button pusher from way back so there’s going to be a learning curve here. I really liked my main Sport display on the C43; RPM and digital speed in the center, Trip data on the left and Engine, Transmission temps and, Tire pressure information on the right. What’s so hard about keeping all that info on the display. I’m the boss after all, and I need the info. Roads on LI, NY SUCK. I’ve ranted about this before and I need to keep an eye on my tire pressure because of all of the potholes and just plain ratty road surfaces (I did get the Wheel & Tire insurance). I get a workout on every commute just trying to avoid them. Thankfully I drive an AMG.

The car is longer than the C43 but still fits in my garage. And, my golf clubs fit neatly in the trunk; the C43 was a tight squeeze.

There’s so much more to learn about the new tech, Parktronic, sound settings, Ambient lighting, etc, etc… More to come as go about my daily drives.

Oh, btw, the first thing that I found that didn't work was the Hands-Free Trunk access. Apparently a software update will fix this. Really?

Ciao for now, Driver2

Last edited by Driver2; Yesterday at 11:00 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Driver2:
dunderhi (Today), Mayur999 (Today), Wolvie (Yesterday)
Old Today, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLE53
Congrtaz mate I`m picking my own here in Poland , tomorrow . I can`t sleep for 2 nights already ! Did you find a way to disable lane assist and speed beeps permanently ? I`m moving from BMW m340i , so this will be completely new world for me I hope for the better
Old Today, 06:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by MJP_43

Disclaimer: I am writing this from the perspective of a 5 year driver of a 2019 C 43. If you already own a CLE 53 you’ll know what I’m talking about. If you’re considering a CLE 53 this should be helpful.

Day 1: It looks freakin’ awesome in real life, it is PHAT! Pictures will not do it justice. All of the SA’s were drooling over it. I’ve driven the car for less than 10 miles. It is a bigger car than the C43 and I felt the extra weight right away (+400 lbs up from my C43), which is conveniently offset by the extra horsepower (+65-ish) and some snappy steering feel. With the hybrid assist the car just wants to GO! I tried hard to baby the throttle but I managed a sprint to 5000rpm just merging into traffic! The Performance Seats are Great! I can’t wait to turn the car loose in some twisties and find the limits of those beefy Michelin’s Pilots. The exhaust note is deeper yet quieter and less “barky” then the C43, but I haven’t really pushed the car yet. And yes, the rear spoiler lip is “small”, like “why bother putting it on at all” small…

The “features” that I don’t like are the damn touch sensors on the steering wheel. I swipe left it goes up. I’m a button pusher from way back so there’s going to be a learning curve here. I really liked my main Sport display on the C43; RPM and digital speed in the center, Trip data on the left and Engine, Transmission temps and, Tire pressure information on the right. What’s so hard about keeping all that info on the display. I’m the boss after all, and I need the info. Roads on LI, NY SUCK. I’ve ranted about this before and I need to keep an eye on my tire pressure because of all of the potholes and just plain ratty road surfaces (I did get the Wheel & Tire insurance). I get a workout on every commute just trying to avoid them. Thankfully I drive an AMG.

The car is longer than the C43 but still fits in my garage. And, my golf clubs fit neatly in the trunk; the C43 was a tight squeeze.

There’s so much more to learn about the new tech, Parktronic, sound settings, Ambient lighting, etc, etc… More to come as go about my daily drives.

Oh, btw, the first thing that I found that didn't work was the Hands-Free Trunk access. Apparently a software update will fix this. Really?

Ciao for now, Driver2
Enjoy and keep us posted !

Regarding the spoiler lip , do you have the Performance Studio Package with the " more dramatically shaped " spoiler ?
Old Today, 07:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by MJP_43

Ciao for now, Driver2
My hands free trunk access works. I even have a sticker once I open up the trunk that shows how to use it. And I agree on the touch sensor specifically for the arrows to the left of the home button. I've changed sensitivity settings but it still has a mind of its own.
Old Today, 07:06 AM

C43
Originally Posted by furio_CLE53
Congrtaz mate I`m picking my own here in Poland , tomorrow . I can`t sleep for 2 nights already ! Did you find a way to disable lane assist and speed beeps permanently ? I`m moving from BMW m340i , so this will be completely new world for me I hope for the better
Thanks. Yes, the "beeps" can be disabled but the tech who went over the car with me did it right off the bat. Imagine that! They just assumed that a driver of a powerful AMG was going to exceed the posted speed limits, LOL. So, I can't tell you how but ask for it when you pick up the car. As for the rest, there's a lot new for me too. Just enjoy learning the car - hours of fun.
Old Today, 07:11 AM

C43
Originally Posted by Wolvie
Enjoy and keep us posted !

Regarding the spoiler lip , do you have the Performance Studio Package with the " more dramatically shaped " spoiler ?
No Studio package. I thought it was just too pricey for too little; a couple of extra plastic flicks, a different diffuser and a slightly bigger spoiler. As I said before the spoiler is just for looks, it's not effective aerodynamically at all. I'm not going to fixate on it. Besides the only people who will see it will be the one's I'm blowing by.
Old Today, 07:14 AM

C43
Originally Posted by is250
My hands free trunk access works. I even have a sticker once I open up the trunk that shows how to use it. And I agree on the touch sensor specifically for the arrows to the left of the home button. I've changed sensitivity settings but it still has a mind of its own.
Huh...I wonder why mine isn't working. I'm sure it'll get rectified soon.

Thanks for the tip on adjusting the touch pad sensitivity. Ah, the fun of fiddling with the tech. I'm sure that there's more to "adjust" too.
Old Today, 08:08 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,621 Likes on 2,229 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Driver2

Ciao for now, Driver2
Congrats! Time for some pictures : )
Old Today, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLE53
Hey man did you figure out how if its possible to disable lane assist and speed limit beeps so it does not came back after each ride ?
Old Today, 11:25 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
Originally Posted by Driver2

Ciao for now, Driver2
Thanks for the comments. Please keep them coming!!