CLE Class Coupe (C236) & Cabrio (A236) 2023-

Issues with new CLE 300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2024 | 10:01 AM

Issues with new CLE 300

I hope this is the right place for this.
I picked up my new CLE 300 on August 31st and six days later took it in to the service department, where it has been ever since.
The fourth time I drove it the MBUX screen froze and would take no input. Just as I made it home the instrument screen would only display the speed I was going and no other information.
Put the car in the garage and shut it off, hoping the system wold reboot and solve the issue.
Received a text alert a few hours later that the battery was low, so went out to check.
The MBUX screen was still on, and still frozen. Additionally the ambient lighting was still on as well.
Started the car, ran it for a bit to charge the battery.
Shut it off and the screen and ambient lights were still on.
Looked for a way to manually turn them off and found none, then went back in the house.
At 3 am another alert saying the battery was critically low, so went out started and drove it a bit to charge the battery. This time the lights and screen were off.
Drove it to work the next morning and everything seemed ok, but the MBUX screen inputs were lagging, and seemed "off".
Called the dealer and they said to bring it in.
Initially they told me there were multiple software updates they needed to install.
Spoke to them yesterday and they said the computer would not accept the updates, so they ordered a new computer, installed that, and it still would not allow the reprograming.
Now they tell me they have escalated the issue up to the engineers to see what is happening and what the possible fix could be.
Has anyone heard of this type of issue happening before?

Old 09-20-2024 | 10:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by wurf
I hope this is the right place for this.
I picked up my new CLE 300 on August 31st and six days later took it in to the service department, where it has been ever since.
The fourth time I drove it the MBUX screen froze and would take no input. Just as I made it home the instrument screen would only display the speed I was going and no other information.
Put the car in the garage and shut it off, hoping the system wold reboot and solve the issue.
Received a text alert a few hours later that the battery was low, so went out to check.
The MBUX screen was still on, and still frozen. Additionally the ambient lighting was still on as well.
Started the car, ran it for a bit to charge the battery.
Shut it off and the screen and ambient lights were still on.
Looked for a way to manually turn them off and found none, then went back in the house.
At 3 am another alert saying the battery was critically low, so went out started and drove it a bit to charge the battery. This time the lights and screen were off.
Drove it to work the next morning and everything seemed ok, but the MBUX screen inputs were lagging, and seemed "off".
Called the dealer and they said to bring it in.
Initially they told me there were multiple software updates they needed to install.
Spoke to them yesterday and they said the computer would not accept the updates, so they ordered a new computer, installed that, and it still would not allow the reprograming.
Now they tell me they have escalated the issue up to the engineers to see what is happening and what the possible fix could be.
Has anyone heard of this type of issue happening before?
Might want to disconnect the battery to force everything to reset.
Old 09-21-2024 | 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Might want to disconnect the battery to force everything to reset.
I have had my CLE 300 cabriolet for several weeks and have had the following issues:
aircap / wind deflector making thumping noise randomly whether vehicle is on or not
Speed limit indicator sign shows incorrect speed limit randomly
Tire pressure not showing tire pressure readings & eventually showing tires have correct air pressure but to check right front tire
App shows car has been in accidents / damaged while parked twice ( Photos taken by cars camera and visual inspection show no damage/ issues with the car
Navigations front view camera turning on randomly
Active lane assist turned itself off and would not turn on until vehicle was turned off & on several times

I provided the dealer with photos/ screen shots of all these issues from the Mercedes app or the cars screens and the only thing they actually repaired was the aircap and everything else was noted by the service department as unable to duplicate so nothing was done.

I asked them to wipe out the existing software and reboot/ reload the software.
They claimed the car already has the latest software & did not do as I requested.

The service department also damaged a piece of interior trim while replacing/ repairing the aircap.
Too their credit they let me know it occurred & would order a new replacement piece.

The vehicle is still having issues and will be returning to the dealer next week.

Old 09-21-2024 | 09:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Rantoul1
I have had my CLE 300 cabriolet for several weeks and have had the following issues:
aircap / wind deflector making thumping noise randomly whether vehicle is on or not
Speed limit indicator sign shows incorrect speed limit randomly
Tire pressure not showing tire pressure readings & eventually showing tires have correct air pressure but to check right front tire
App shows car has been in accidents / damaged while parked twice ( Photos taken by cars camera and visual inspection show no damage/ issues with the car
Navigations front view camera turning on randomly
Active lane assist turned itself off and would not turn on until vehicle was turned off & on several times

I provided the dealer with photos/ screen shots of all these issues from the Mercedes app or the cars screens and the only thing they actually repaired was the aircap and everything else was noted by the service department as unable to duplicate so nothing was done.

I asked them to wipe out the existing software and reboot/ reload the software.
They claimed the car already has the latest software & did not do as I requested.

The service department also damaged a piece of interior trim while replacing/ repairing the aircap.
Too their credit they let me know it occurred & would order a new replacement piece.

The vehicle is still having issues and will be returning to the dealer next week.
re: airscarf
is the thumping sound from the motor of the airscarf?

re: speed limit
is the camera in front of the windshield clean? the speed limit is read in real time using the camera

re: tire pressure
did you check the tire pressure manually with a gauge when cold?

re: 360 Guard (parking collision)
are there obstacles like trees and/or curbs nearby or you park close to other vehicles that confused the sensors?

re: front video camera
if I am reading is correct then that is normal, it's purpose is show the traffic light (traffic light assist) or your sensors detected that you are in close proximity of an obstacle so you can see the obstacle more clearly

re: active lane assist
did it say anything inoperative or clean cameras? theses are the cameras behind windshield, if you have DISTRONIC, there is a sensor to be cleaned in the centre of the MB company sign (the star)

Request to have all the outstanding software updates installed.
Old 09-21-2024 | 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
re: airscarf
is the thumping sound from the motor of the airscarf?

re: speed limit
is the camera in front of the windshield clean? the speed limit is read in real time using the camera

re: tire pressure
did you check the tire pressure manually with a gauge when cold?

re: 360 Guard (parking collision)
are there obstacles like trees and/or curbs nearby or you park close to other vehicles that confused the sensors?

re: front video camera
if I am reading is correct then that is normal, it's purpose is show the traffic light (traffic light assist) or your sensors detected that you are in close proximity of an obstacle so you can see the obstacle more clearly

re: active lane assist
did it say anything inoperative or clean cameras? theses are the cameras behind windshield, if you have DISTRONIC, there is a sensor to be cleaned in the centre of the MB company sign (the star)

Request to have all the outstanding software updates installed.
Additional notes to the above:

The camera can pickup nearby speed limit signs, do you suspect this might be the case for incorrect speeds listed in the dash?

Loud noises could set off guard 360 alerts. Is there a way to adjust sensitivity?

​​​​​Tire pressures in the gauge doesn't show immediately until driven a bit (there should be a message that states this. If it's something else being shown, then maybe your tires pressure monitor system (TPMS) needs to be reprogrammed. If one tire is saying low pressure then it may have been programmed with a different psi for the warning. Your manual says how to set the low tire warning or just ask your dealer to do it.

Last edited by wildta; 09-21-2024 at 09:40 PM.