CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

anyone owned a maserati quat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone owned a maserati quat?

been contemplating getting that or a 750li.. i'm leaning more towards the maserati now..

just wondering if anyone owns or know of anyone who's owned one and how they liked it..
Old 03-01-2008, 06:38 PM

been monitoring this one for a while

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018
Old 03-01-2008, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
man...that's a nice ride.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM

CLK320 2002
man the sound of that exhaust is soo nice ive got a maserati/ferrari dealership right by my house and i hear these things all day.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 PM

2000 CLK 320
QP vs. 750 Li

The Duoselect transmission on the earlier models (I believe it may have been an 05) is really laggy. It's totally not like the 'manual mode' on automatic transmission as you really feel the car shift. Its like a sway where you lean forward a little bit then get pushed back when shifting. Definitely drive a QP with duo select before you purchase one to make sure you like it. This 'sway' can be felt both in the paddle mode and the automode with the Duo Select.

Because of the above complaints from many customers in the US, Maserati decided to build a fully automatic version for the later years (06 I believe).

If you want something with a very comfortable ride, an array of technoligical conveniences, and a lot of space both front and rear then go for the 7 series Li. If you want something sporty, a good engine rumble, a car that engages the driver when driving (duo select), and definitely get a lot of looks then the QP is for you.

By the way, a lot of little things here and there do fall apart with the QP (interior stuff). I'm not sure if that was just with the one I had or thats a running trend with these cars. If the car is covered by warranty then that shouldn't be any extra expense on your part but your car may have to be at the dealership more than you expected.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by funky102
The Duoselect transmission on the earlier models (I believe it may have been an 05) is really laggy. It's totally not like the 'manual mode' on automatic transmission as you really feel the car shift. Its like a sway where you lean forward a little bit then get pushed back when shifting. Definitely drive a QP with duo select before you purchase one to make sure you like it. This 'sway' can be felt both in the paddle mode and the automode with the Duo Select.

Because of the above complaints from many customers in the US, Maserati decided to build a fully automatic version for the later years (06 I believe).

If you want something with a very comfortable ride, an array of technoligical conveniences, and a lot of space both front and rear then go for the 7 series Li. If you want something sporty, a good engine rumble, a car that engages the driver when driving (duo select), and definitely get a lot of looks then the QP is for you.

By the way, a lot of little things here and there do fall apart with the QP (interior stuff). I'm not sure if that was just with the one I had or thats a running trend with these cars. If the car is covered by warranty then that shouldn't be any extra expense on your part but your car may have to be at the dealership more than you expected.
good looking out with this post.. i guess ill stick with the li.. here's one i've been watching..

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/590771906.html
Old 03-02-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by imphaded
good looking out with this post.. i guess ill stick with the li.. here's one i've been watching..

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/590771906.html
good call...the quat is ugly IMO...plus ur gunna need that room for the newborn...
Old 03-02-2008, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
good call...the quat is ugly IMO...plus ur gunna need that room for the newborn...
ugly? thats crazy talk my brother..
Old 03-02-2008, 05:43 PM

friend has a maserati quat..

I owed a biturbo back in the day(first car).. and been in love with maserati's ever since... my clk somehow reminds me of maserati's

anyways.. id go with the maserati forsure!, take a look at the gransports

cheers
Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM

CLK 430
I would go for the Maserati for sure, not as common (atleast up here!) as the BMW. Plus they have a much more exotic look.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:39 PM

BMW
Originally Posted by DevilsAngel
I would go for the Maserati for sure, not as common (atleast up here!) as the BMW. Plus they have a much more exotic look.
I was just about to write the same.

I don't know much about Maserati's, but because they're less common, it's something to consider.

I personally would buy a 7 series, I'm a big bmw fanatic and I love the way they perform (I used to own the previous body, 740iL).
Old 03-02-2008, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by imphaded
ugly? thats crazy talk my brother..
naa i dont think so...u know we dont agree on this typa sh*t tho lol... i dont relly like the look of ne maseratis...nuthin impressive in looks nor performance...tell me u wudnt be able to just smack a hyundai or buick logo on that thing like it belongs there lol (except for the interior)...maybe a lil bit of an exaggeration but u get my point...
Old 03-03-2008, 10:44 AM

naa i dont think so...u know we dont agree on this typa sh*t tho lol... i dont relly like the look of ne maseratis...nuthin impressive in looks nor performance...tell me u wudnt be able to just smack a hyundai or buick logo on that thing like it belongs there lol (except for the interior)...maybe a lil bit of an exaggeration but u get my point...

You do know maserati's are fitted with a ferrari v8 engine/tranny, among many other ferrari parts ... lol
Old 03-03-2008, 11:50 AM

lol @ buick or hyundai..

either way it still is a maserati and i believe it would break way more necks than almost any Benz.

not to mention my young *** would be driving it..
Old 03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by humplok
You do know maserati's are fitted with a ferrari v8 engine/tranny, among many other ferrari parts ... lol
is it a ferrari?.....nOpe..far from it...
can it perform like a ferrari? does it look like a ferrari?

and ya itll probably break more necks and yeah its a maserati at the end of the day n thas wassup but im jus sayin...me personally wouldnt ever buy one...wich is why i said III would go with the 750...

up ta youuu tho..
Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
you're crazy hersh. that maserati is sexy. dunno that they're worth the big bucks, but it certainly does have a nice look!
Old 03-03-2008, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w208
Originally Posted by da_guitarist
you're crazy hersh. that maserati is sexy. dunno that they're worth the big bucks, but it certainly does have a nice look!
lol if u guys say so...jus a difference of opinion...all good
Old 03-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Almost a Member!

00 CLK430
da maseratti is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dad used to own own. I love the way they drive and also the comfort.
I also like the BMW but it is too large and I dont like large cars
Old 03-03-2008, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I havent driven the new 7 yet, but I'm sure the drive is great, also a very good looking and comfy car. As for the QP, I love the look, very comfortable interior, very nice interior. My problems with the QP- It's supposed to be a "sporty" sedan, but the 400 horses barely move it. Very sensitive pedal, takes away the luxury feel. The stock steering wheel is pretty lame, you need to upgrade to the sport package, and then the paddle shifters dont turn with the wheel, they stay in place, whats the point? The 7 and the QP are in the same bracket, even though the QP is supposed to be the sporty one, for the price I'd go with the 7. Unless you want something that will turn heads, then go with the QP. Just my opinion. Good luck
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM

thanks for the input pals..
Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I just found this, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCzb-...eature=related

Good luck with the choice