CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Singing the praises of MBenz NL!! (COMAND Pic)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Talking Singing the praises of MBenz NL!! (COMAND Pic)

I just had COMAND put in my CLK,, and for those of you on here that don't know him, Steve (MBenz NL) has to be the best Benz tech I've ever come across. His skills were impeccable, his quality and attention to detail were second to none, his price was VERY reasonable, and he was a cool guy. If anyone on here is even thinking about having this done, I would advise you to jump on the opportunity next time Steve is out here. You'll be just like me giggling like a schoolgirl, getting directions to places you KNOW how to get to LOL. Thanks Steve!

Last edited by Josh K; 02-08-2003 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sick command and lights ! You have a lamp defective. have service guys check that out for ya.

-Bruce
Old 02-08-2003, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Actually it's not a lamp defective, I didn't have the car on and just turned on the lights so the dash lights would be on. I got treated to a "Switch off lights!" and a very annoying beep. LOL Man, now that I'm getting all this stuff done I gotta start working on a sig. Bruce, PM me and let me know how to do a good one cause I'm new to all this forum stuff. Thanks :0)

Last edited by Josh K; 02-08-2003 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Almost a Member!

That looks cool. My buddy in NYC had it done about 2 weeks ago from Steve and he said Steve was very knowlegable about MBs in general. I'm starting to think about getting one put in my car!
Old 02-08-2003, 08:34 PM

///M3
Looking great. I like it. Keep it coming.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve *******' rocks!

Excellent, clean install, and most knowledgeable person re: MB I've seen! I'd be willing to bet he'd whup most techs at MB service centers!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=28922

BTW, more pics to come of my AUX input, running MP3 player hooked up to the COMAND.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
erm... :o ...

thanx Josh..Safet...Enjoy the new toy...and don't get distracted ...

greetingz,;
Old 02-09-2003, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Josh K
Actually it's not a lamp defective, I didn't have the car on and just turned on the lights so the dash lights would be on. I got treated to a "Switch off lights!" and a very annoying beep. LOL Man, now that I'm getting all this stuff done I gotta start working on a sig. Bruce, PM me and let me know how to do a good one cause I'm new to all this forum stuff. Thanks :0)
e-mail me lowryder@***.net I'll try to help you out.

-Bruce
Old 02-09-2003, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by MBenzNL
erm... :o ...

thanx Josh..Safet...Enjoy the new toy...and don't get distracted ...

greetingz,;
Next I want a TV Tuner and XM Radio on the AUX input!! Everyone who's seen the install has been very impressed.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
damn every1 has command, im going old skoo radios now. tape players. make my own directions on a tyape
Old 02-09-2003, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Nah. man, you should do 8-track navigation. That would be hot.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:16 PM

01 CLK430
Re: Singing the praises of MBenz NL!! (COMAND Pic)

Originally posted by Josh K
I just had COMAND put in my CLK,, and for those of you on here that don't know him, Steve (MBenz NL) has to be the best Benz tech I've ever come across. His skills were impeccable, his quality and attention to detail were second to none, his price was VERY reasonable, and he was a cool guy. If anyone on here is even thinking about having this done, I would advise you to jump on the opportunity next time Steve is out here. You'll be just like me giggling like a schoolgirl, getting directions to places you KNOW how to get to LOL. Thanks Steve!
Hey Josh,

When you got this installed by Steve, how easy was it for the Mercedes dealer to get it displayed on the dash computer display? Did they say anything since it was an aftermarket installation? Also did you buy the navi cd?

My CLK is Starmark'd so does it violate any warranties? Will I get grief down the road?

Thanks,
John
Old 02-19-2003, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Well my buddy's fiancé is a service writer at a local dealership so it was pretty easy to get it activated in the dash. You shouldn't have a problem getting a dealer to activate it if they're cool people. Most service techs will probably want to check it out since it's been said for so long that it can't be done and they might be very willing to take the 2 minutes that it takes to activate it.

I wasn't prepared to buy the CD so I acquired it through other methods ;0)

As far as warranty goes, you shouldn't have any problems at all. What is done is really no different than putting in an aftermarket radio. Besides, the install looks so completely factory, that unless you take it to a dealer that's familiar with your car, or you have a really sharp eyed tech who spots your TV button, they'll most likely figure it came with the car, especially since they're always telling people it can't be added. ;0)
Old 02-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Legally, warranty issues could not go past:

1. Obviously the Command isn't covered
2. Any wiring/electrical components tied to the command unit could technically be wired incorrectly, and thus have a problem due to the installation of an aftermarket part.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by Mach430

2. Any wiring/electrical components tied to the command unit could technically be wired incorrectly, and thus have a problem due to the installation of an aftermarket part.
Although the result might be the same, the voiding of warranty would have to be done on a different basis than what you have stated. My CLK55 COMAND is installed via an adapter cable that goes between the existing C connector and the COMAND's C1/C2 connector. This adapter is a MERCEDES-BENZ ORIGINAL PART, purchased new with warranty. So although the parts are under warranty separately and not as part of the car, they interface using OEM parts and the argument that it is wired incorrectly would likely be invalid. Especially since the car can be returned to "original" by unplugging the COMAND and adapter, and plugging in the original radio.

Although one might be hassled, the warranty would much more than likely be retained.

-s-
Old 02-19-2003, 05:05 PM

2007 Mercedes S550 Brabus
Hey Josh....

Where did you get those lights under your feet?
What brands are they?
How do I search in eBay?
Is the installation hard?
Old 02-19-2003, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S
Originally posted by BlackBaby
Hey Josh....

Where did you get those lights under your feet?
What brands are they?
How do I search in eBay?
Is the installation hard?
The lights under the dash are 10" Street Glow brand neon tubes. They average price I've seen for them is about 20-25 bucks apiece. I bought them from my friend's shop, but I've seen them on eBay before. The installation isn't hard at all if you're technically inclined and have some electrical knowledge. The most time consuming part is finding a sufficient power source, and even that's not too bad.
Old 02-19-2003, 10:06 PM

W203
Hey what's up Josh, I see that your enjoying your comand.

Believe it or not, Steve always gets asked questions by the local MB dealership in Germany regarding if a part would or could fit or if certain things can be done; I think that says alot about Steve already.

Jay
Old 02-19-2003, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Class C
Hey what's up Josh, I see that your enjoying your comand.

Believe it or not, Steve always gets asked questions by the local MB dealership in Germany regarding if a part would or could fit or if certain things can be done; I think that says alot about Steve already.

Jay
Isn't Steve from the Netherlands, not Germany?
Old 02-19-2003, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

he goes to germany on weekends duh.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:20 AM

2002 CLK320
Thumbs up Proud Owner of a Steve Installed Comand

I just had my Euro Comand installed by Steve this afternoon.

I can honestly say this guy takes pride in working on a Benz. He takes great care with each and every part of your car, and the install of my new Euro Comand and 6-disc cd changer was nothing short of perfection.

For those who bought their MBs without the Navigation system, reserve your order with Steve ASAP because once you have it, its something you will use a lot, and the new HU sounds much better than the stock HU or at least that's how I hear it.

Book your Comand installs for his next trip to the US.

You won't be disappointed!

Thanks again Steve!

Last edited by nellee; 02-20-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nelee u suck! i beenw aiting for months longer then all of u people i still havent gotton my commmand installed
Old 02-20-2003, 03:23 AM

MB
Is there any official waiting list for that?
Because I also might want him to install the COMAND system.

THank you
Old 02-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally posted by tpliquid
nelee u suck! i beenw aiting for months longer then all of u people i still havent gotton my commmand installed
that is because you ran off yesterday evening...you had the comand in your hands .

hinhin, no waiting list, just a matter of mailing me, getting replied and making up your mind...

nellee, have fun with comand and the CD changer...don't get distracted though.

JAY, after you have bene thinking for 1 week that I am from the UK, you start calling me german now? :p I am ducth..from the Netherlands...holland...

You need to come and visit me once and I will show you the differences .

greetingz,
Old 02-23-2003, 07:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
Hello MBenzNL,

The Teleaid function should be o.k. with the Euro COMAND? I want to make sure since I do subscribe to the Teleaid service. Steve, please email me since I will be closing the deal on the CLK55 this week and I would like to get this done. I retrofitted my E55 last year but since my baby(child) is coming in 2 months I wouldn't have too much leisure time anymore. Let me know.

John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Singing the praises of MBenz NL!! (COMAND Pic)