CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bluetooth Puck "PROCESSING".

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
Bluetooth Puck "PROCESSING".

hi all,
I recently purchased a bluetooth puck to replace the V60 in my car. Before removing the V60 it worked fine, I could get it to dial and report "no signal" etc.

I can successfully get my iPhone or even my old Motorola Q paired up, but all I get is "processing" on the MFD. I have left the phone paired up for up to 30 minutes with no change. Has anyone else seen this behavior? I'm at my wits end...any help is much appreciated.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Did you just change out the handset cradle and the bluetooth puck? The reason I ask is that you are also supposed to change out the PSE module that is in the trunk. Was that changed as well?

Greg
Old 11-17-2009, 07:12 AM

CLK430
Thanks for the response. I had a cradle and a working V60 phone with voice response and dialing. I simply pulled out the Motorola V60 clam shell and inserted the bluetooth puck. I have to change out the PSE too?

Edit: After looking in to this, thanks for leading me down this path. I didn't think it was possible to have a V60 phone without an auto-selecting PSE. The FAQ's on the subject say that one is "home free" (their words exactly) if you have a V60. Apparently, they are wrong about that.

I haven't had time to take a look yet, but I am guessing that is exactly what I have. An older style PSE.

Again, thanks for your help.

Last edited by onlinealias; 11-17-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
I did not have to change a thing except the blue tooth puck in my car and its a 99 build year 2000 model! Furthermore, I too have the voice command, so our setups should be identical.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:42 PM

CLK430
Wow, this is truly perplexing then. Last night I wiped my Motorola Q and paired it up. It had no phonebook entries and was factory fresh. Still, no dice. This is a supported phone from the same manufacturer!

I Googled and found one reference to someone else having this problem. Unfortunately, there was no fix provided. I bring this up because if someone else is having exact same issue then it probably isn't a hardware fault.

Thanks for responding though, it helps to know that my car should support it at least.

Can anyone tell me where the PSE actually is in the CLK vert? I want to check its part number just to be sure...
Old 11-17-2009, 02:09 PM

2002 CLK
The PSE is located in the trunk....left side behind the cover. You will need to remove the plastic around the trunk lock then the left panel to access. there are plastic clips that you pull the center square out then remove the outside part of the clip. Then remove the 2 bolts holding down the tie-down rings, and remove the trim You need a PSE with a blue label to work with the bluetooth adapter, it is referred to as "dual sense".
Old 11-17-2009, 08:03 PM

12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by onlinealias
Thanks for the response. I had a cradle and a working V60 phone with voice response and dialing. I simply pulled out the Motorola V60 clam shell and inserted the bluetooth puck. I have to change out the PSE too?

Edit: After looking in to this, thanks for leading me down this path. I didn't think it was possible to have a V60 phone without an auto-selecting PSE. The FAQ's on the subject say that one is "home free" (their words exactly) if you have a V60. Apparently, they are wrong about that.

I haven't had time to take a look yet, but I am guessing that is exactly what I have. An older style PSE.

Again, thanks for your help.
I had a Motorola puck in my car (2000 CLK, in place of the outdate V60 puck), it work fine (the person installed it, peel the label tag on it, so I can not give you the part #). Search Ebay, I saw the some units, same as mine (price is varied from $200-600). Shoot at the best price (for sure they will accept return, if it does not work for your car). After connect the puck (I suspect that your car is activated with phone before, if NOT, the MB dealer have to activate the phone (most are free), some charge small ($100) fee, it will ask you the password :the universal password is MBUSA (62872), after the password, you will see the green lit on the puck blink a couple time, it show (on your NAVI or radio panel) : phone is connected : you are ready to use. Ebay guy name Cellguy85 did the analog to digital in SoCal for most SoCal MB dealers with reasonable price (I talk to him, via my MB dealer SA introduce, he quote me $600.00, but I go somewhere else, because, he can not install the NAVI retrofit @ the same time).
If you need more info, PM me. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
QUOTE=onlinealias;3812889]Thanks for the response. I had a cradle and a working V60 phone with voice response and dialing. I simply pulled out the Motorola V60 clam shell and inserted the bluetooth puck. I have to change out the PSE too?

Again, thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

It was no problem, thats why this forum is here!!

I did some searching and came across this post that I think will be really helpful and will hopefully answer some of your questions. I have yet to take the bluetooth path (someday I will) so I can't offer any concrete answers but hopefully this will help.

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...bluetooth.html

I believe this is the "BLUE" PSE that you should have, and some extra pics for reference I guess:
[

[IMG]i.ebayimg.com/17/!BfMz3dQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-EIEre)e4PplBL!U2g,EcQ~~_3.JPG[/IMG]

Greg

Last edited by gregory13lil; 11-17-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:57 PM

CLK430
I just wanted to follow up on this thread as I found a fix. Hopefully it will help someone out in the future. I didn't think it would matter but it most certainly does, at least in my case. I was using a BMW puck. Several people had come on the forums and said that they worked fine on an MB, but at least in my case, it didn't. I bought an MB one and it came right up no problem. So, I think the BMW ones work on some MB's, but certainly not all. My car is a 2003 W208 Vert with one of the last PSE's that was put in the car. Apparently, that PSE does not like the BMW puck....
Old 12-03-2009, 11:24 PM

2002 CLK
So-------are we left to guess that you have a heck-of-a-deal on a used BMW puck???? <smile>

If it is cheap enough I might be willing to give it a try--
Old 12-04-2009, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
ha thats funny i have used mine in my brothers newer 7 and it worked great
Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 AM

CLK430
Originally Posted by hotrodneb
So-------are we left to guess that you have a heck-of-a-deal on a used BMW puck???? <smile>

If it is cheap enough I might be willing to give it a try--
Too slow! Already run and sold on Ebay.....