CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

racial profiling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
you crack me up!

It's like watching a cartoon.

you have a nice day, "brotha"
No need to be a d!ck, however hard that may be for you... He lived, he learned. Leave it at that.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
No need to be a d!ck, however hard that may be for you... He lived, he learned. Leave it at that.
are you kidding me? he hasn't learned anything.

what thread are you reading???
Old 05-22-2010, 11:35 PM

99 clk320
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
I agree
Old 05-24-2010, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
are you kidding me? he hasn't learned anything.

what thread are you reading???
1. He's learned that the best course of action is not tinting your headlights and taillights.

2. Never put yourself in a situation that takes control away from you and puts it in the hands of someone else, especially an ace-hole cop.

3. Sometimes the punishment does not fit the crime, but see item #2.

I got pulled over once for no front licence plate, and the cop asked me on three (3) seperate occasions during the stop, what I did for a living. Take from that what you will.

Instead of focusing on what he did wrong, help put him in a better position for next time.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320 (2001) and 2015 GTR
Originally Posted by jbenz2001
wtf r u even talking about brotha!what i said is my opionion of what i think about them.i never said thats what im gonna do.idk whats ur prob?ur the only one that has some stupid **** to say.u must be cool wit cops and statys cuz u protect them like its ur job.have u ever even modded a car before to even know what im talking about.everybody else seems to feel me and ur the only one that got some **** to say.chill out brotha cuz u dont know me!!!!
but he knows this

what a thread boys
Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 PM

2001 clk 320
Lmaof
Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

THAT'S Y I LOVE THIS BOARD.. IT GOT SOME SENSE OF HUMOR ..
Old 05-25-2010, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
What does this have to do wit my thread
you deserved the ticket, your car's mods are illegal...quit whinging and playing the race card like a lil biotch...

-Rob
Old 05-25-2010, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
Give it up and move on already.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by transferred
you deserved the ticket, your car's mods are illegal...quit whinging and playing the race card like a lil biotch...

-Rob
i dont think the lowering part was illegal but i agree with headlamp and the tail lights were bit dark.
Fl is the place to be
Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 AM

2001 clk 320
how do u figure i deserved it?even if its not racial,its still has to do with profiling.i had my lights done for two months and would pass by the state police everyday and they would look at me and not do n e thing.that day they were stoppping and towing cars just for the fun of it.if ur one of those guys busting my ***** rather then given good advise maybe u should read one of my post in this thread that has to do with my rear end and maybe u and the cops can have something in common.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:35 PM

clk 430
Originally Posted by Williams707
I understand where you are coming from as well. Just file them in the H8ter Category, find out what the legal vehicle regulations are, and if that police was in error you should file a complaint and get your money back.

I've gotten into it with police before that have been in error and it feels so good to correct them. Knowledge is Power
Williams is right, on the fact that you need to get the right parameters on lowering and tinting, and follow through, making them wrong is so right. Believe me, when i say i've been stopped about 8 times in my 65 , no tint anywhere, (restored) mustang, and have yet to recieve a ticket to this day...... go figure......or profiling....If the police had seen you before and done nothing ,, maybe they were checking to see how long you'd go, then that was the day to get you, you live oh so close, but didnt change.

Last edited by maxxwell22; 05-28-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2010, 06:53 PM

2001 clk 320
I'm on it,just received my spring compressor today.I'm gonna change my spring pads tom.so hopefully the only thing they can do when I pass by them is look at me while they drink theyre haterade bumping to jeezy and plies.

Last edited by jbenz2001; 05-28-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 AM

Yugos only
what race is your car? mine is silver, but I'm not sure to which race that equates.

If you have a silver car your race equates to possibly old fahrt (derived from the German "fahren", to drive) SPEED RACER.:naughty

maybe if you ask (politely) the cops will tell you the info you are asking for here
Don't ask them anything. Just turn off the music, lower the drivers window, put your hands on the drivers door sill. If they give you a reasonable command "license and registration" ask permission to go in your glove box or wallet. Make sure they know that you have their safety and yours in mind.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by Sathinas
Thank you.

Cops nowadays are VERY conscientious about racial (or any other kind of) profiling. Believe me.

NOT IN SMALL TOWNS.

Actually, it's reasonable suspicion. Probable cause comes after reasonable suspicion. But I digress...

And you let him search your car, why, again? You can (and should) refuse a car search on a traffic stop. Pisses cops off.

That was your fault. The cop likely ran the plate, came back with current tags, but decided to mess with you. Again, "this and that" is not enough to let a cop search your car. Read up on the 4th Amendment. Actually, read up on ALL the amendments.

Driving is a privilege - constitutional protections do not apply. Forget the Bill of Rights while on the highway.

Show me one group that doesn't have their share of jealous and racist people. It's life, my friend.

You ain't seen the cats I know. Siberian Lynx's are mean as hell.

This is not necessarily true. You have to understand, a lot of drug dealers and bad guys drive around in "pimp" cars. This is not a racist or profiling thing. It's called experience. But to pull a car over and then tell the driver he needs to let the cop search it... that's just wrong.

A lot of cops pray that you don't know what your rights are. For example, you get pulled over for speeding. Cops asks you "sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Yes," you say "I was speeding. I'm sorry"
That right there just sealed your fate in court if you get a ticket and fight it. You just admitted to speeding.

This is why, when I get pulled over for whatever reason and get asked "Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?" I rely with "I do... But I'll let you figure it out."
That's a fancy answer - I like it. The problem is they may say you are "uncooperative" and "not responding to the lawful inquiries of a police officer."

Wake up! The Bill of Rights does not apply to the highways. Forget Miranda, the "judge" will always believe the cop. Read up on your latest drivers's manual from the state or go to a DWI lawyer's website where they outline the FST and the BT - MADD did some good things but the camel's nose is under the tent!

In a small town the worst thing you can do is make a complaint against the police. Your life will be hell in your town and the surrounding towns. The police are being taught military tactics since 9/11.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:53 AM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by Sathinas
Why are people taking it out on the cops by calling them "pigs" and whatnot?

All the cops are doing, is enforce the law. They don't write the laws.

Now, of course, some cops are more gung-hoe than others when it comes to modified cars, but damn! Blame your legislative branch, not your executive branch, people!
Gung-ho - All police should be required to take the MMPI, especially the Pd quotient, on a 5 year basis.

If they fail Pd after good service they should be put on desk jobs and given counseling.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

99CLK320,
"even if its not racial,its still has to do with profiling." do you even have a clue you just said that? LMAOF.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:10 AM

2001 clk 320
yeah,cuz people were get n on my case that my situation wasnt racial profiling but its still has to do with profiling .he saw a young guy driving a nic e car and decided to pull me over.he then walked around the car trying to find anything that he can give me a ticket for.if not profiling then idk what word lol.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah,cuz people were get n on my case that my situation wasnt racial profiling but its still has to do with profiling .he saw a young guy driving a nic e car and decided to pull me over.he then walked around the car trying to find anything that he can give me a ticket for.if not profiling then idk what word lol.
of course bro, young man with a nice modified car and Foreigner too = pull him over.= drug dealer. BUT NOT ALL COPS ARE LIKE THAT, ONLY THE HATER ONES.
i have been down that road and search my **** just to give me a ticket but failed .....
Old 05-30-2010, 12:28 PM

2020 BMW 750LiX, 2021 Mercedes GLE350 4-matic
Man... I know you want to fight the ticket, but find out the exact laws first and see if it's worth it.

I got some tickets a while back cause I got let off with a warning and then started talking with this girl outside my car and he thought we were laughing at him...so he came back and wrote up everything he could. Anyways, I'm an Army infantry veteran of the 82nd Airborne and thought that'd totally help my case in court, etc. Right. The state's attorney was a complete @#$% and I ended up telling her what she can go do with herself (since the judge made us try to agree to some kind of terms outside of the courtroom and she was the rudest #$^!@ I've ever met). I demanded a trial and after coming back about 7 times, the judge just told me that even though the cop was in the wrong for doing what he did, I violated the exact letter of the law. I got nowhere, lots of frustration and time lost AND I still had to pay the ticket.

The judge will only interpret the law, not what the cop did...or why he did it.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w208
ive gotten pulled over a few times just because theyve wanted to check my papers on the low ...i guess to make sure its not stolen etc....im sorry but that IS profiling...dont waste my time when i didnt do anything wrong n then BS me saying i was speedin when i wasnt and ur radar wasnt even on....

obviously my car attracts attention but ive gotten pulled over for bs even while the car is looking close to stock besides just drop and tints....and i can and DO get summons for tints, no front plate etc but most of the time they let me go...if they dont, it sux, i think they're *******s etc lol but i know its wrong so wateva (even though they DO target us young ANd colored ppl more) ... i just eat the ticket......usually they're ok about it, but some are just complete *******s about it which is unnecessary...and calling for backup at times...really?? do u need 3 cop cars to gimme a fix it ticket?? lol sorry but my papers are all good and my license is completely clean ::knock on wood:: lol....not this time fker
Old 05-30-2010, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by deyainrdy4ds
ive gotten pulled over a few times just because theyve wanted to check my papers on the low ...i guess to make sure its not stolen etc....im sorry but that IS profiling...dont waste my time when i didnt do anything wrong n then BS me saying i was speedin when i wasnt and ur radar wasnt even on....

obviously my car attracts attention but ive gotten pulled over for bs even while the car is looking close to stock besides just drop and tints....and i can and DO get summons for tints, no front plate etc but most of the time they let me go...if they dont, it sux, i think they're *******s etc lol but i know its wrong so wateva (even though they DO target us young ANd colored ppl more) ... i just eat the ticket......usually they're ok about it, but some are just complete *******s about it which is unnecessary...and calling for backup at times...really?? do u need 3 cop cars to gimme a fix it ticket?? lol sorry but my papers are all good and my license is completely clean ::knock on wood:: lol....not this time fker
yeah i used to get pulled over all the time because i did not have front license plate then he ended up giving me another ticket for tint... now i put my license plate back and knock on wood, i havent got pulled over 6 months and im put my windows down if i see a cop behind me, otherwise its jet black.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PynkFloydd
Man... I know you want to fight the ticket, but find out the exact laws first and see if it's worth it.

I got some tickets a while back cause I got let off with a warning and then started talking with this girl outside my car and he thought we were laughing at him...so he came back and wrote up everything he could. Anyways, I'm an Army infantry veteran of the 82nd Airborne and thought that'd totally help my case in court, etc. Right. The state's attorney was a complete @#$% and I ended up telling her what she can go do with herself (since the judge made us try to agree to some kind of terms outside of the courtroom and she was the rudest #$^!@ I've ever met). I demanded a trial and after coming back about 7 times, the judge just told me that even though the cop was in the wrong for doing what he did, I violated the exact letter of the law. I got nowhere, lots of frustration and time lost AND I still had to pay the ticket.

The judge will only interpret the law, not what the cop did...or why he did it.
bro the judge will ALWAYS believe the cops unless u have witnesses....
whatever u say, u are wrong and they wont take your words....
i have there too many times and they know me well in at the court....

Just pay the ticket and move on, sucks but it is what it is.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by big_mike1979
bro the judge will ALWAYS believe the cops unless u have witnesses....
whatever u say, u are wrong and they wont take your words....
i have there too many times and they know me well in at the court....

Just pay the ticket and move on, sucks but it is what it is.
That pretty much is the bottom line.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
That pretty much is the bottom line.
Thread is closed now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: racial profiling