CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Exterior colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK500
Exterior colors

I know that each person decides which color they think looks best on the car by personal preference, but I was wondering what you guys thought was the best color to get the CLK500 in.

I myself am purchasing the car, not leasing it - and I needed to take that into consideration when selecting the exterior color I want. If I'm going to have the car for around 5 years, I better make sure that I like the color I'm getting, and that I won't get sick of it after 2 years.

I think black looks the best on the 2002 W208. However, the 2003 W209 looks to be smaller than the W208 (although it isn't - as I've said, it looks more "sleek" and "slimmed down" than "small") and the CL, so I think that black on a CLK500 wouldn't be the best way to go. Black usually makes a car look smaller than it is, while a lighter color like Silver makes it look bigger, and shows off the lines better.

What are your thoughts? What colors do you guys have selected?
Old 06-22-2002, 09:15 PM
sat

I think that metallic black will look great, this is what I have ordered and I'm also planning on de-badging the car.

Can somebody "name" the color on this picture?

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?postid=63697
Old 06-22-2002, 11:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche Cayenne S, MB E430, & M3
Re: Exterior colors

Originally posted by likuidM5
I know that each person decides which color they think looks best on the car by personal preference, but I was wondering what you guys thought was the best color to get the CLK500 in.

I myself am purchasing the car, not leasing it - and I needed to take that into consideration when selecting the exterior color I want. If I'm going to have the car for around 5 years, I better make sure that I like the color I'm getting, and that I won't get sick of it after 2 years.

I think black looks the best on the 2002 W208. However, the 2003 W209 looks to be smaller than the W208 (although it isn't - as I've said, it looks more "sleek" and "slimmed down" than "small") and the CL, so I think that black on a CLK500 wouldn't be the best way to go. Black usually makes a car look smaller than it is, while a lighter color like Silver makes it look bigger, and shows off the lines better.

What are your thoughts? What colors do you guys have selected?
take a look at this and u will change ur mind. I have owned several black cars. I am done and over with them. 2 much maint.
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/att...=&postid=77927

i might get white myself. also if u r going to add wheels i think black might be a good color choice...lil raja
Old 06-23-2002, 01:22 AM

I ordered mine in white, I think white is the best color to get any car, especially truck in, with some exceptions. MB makes a beautiful white.... I think the CLK resembles the CL which happens to look amazing in white....
Old 06-23-2002, 08:34 AM
Aus

Sat said
I think that metallic black will look great, this is what I have ordered and I'm also planning on de-badging the car.
With regards to debadging the car is this just the back, front??
Does this make the car look better??
Is additional paint work needed?
Old 06-23-2002, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Aus
Sat said

With regards to debadging the car is this just the back, front??
Does this make the car look better??
Is additional paint work needed?
debadging IMHO looks better. Cleaner look. It does not required any paint work. Also debadging is only on the rear.

the only thing I don't like is most of the debadging is done by idiot lower model drivers who try to pass off as the higher model.
ie clk320 debadged to make it look like clk430.
Although a professional can't be fooled.

LIL Raja

ps. i personally would debadge for cleaner look and aesthetic.
Old 06-23-2002, 10:09 AM
sat

I want to de-badge the car for cleaner looks, I pretty much don't care for de-badged 320s. I also think that if you have to look at the badge to determine what kind of car you are looking at, then you probably don't know much about cars... To each its own though...
Old 06-23-2002, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by sat
I want to de-badge the car for cleaner looks, I pretty much don't care for de-badged 320s. I also think that if you have to look at the badge to determine what kind of car you are looking at, then you probably don't know much about cars... To each its own though...
I personally think debadging a car gives it a more fluid and cleaner look. But that's only me... I would even debadge a M3 or 911. As for your comment about if you have to look to know what kind of car it is, then you probably don't know much about cars- how can one differentiate between a 323ci or 328ci? they both were identical in terms of shape. The only dffierence was engine and wheels. Also GS300 and GS400. Sometimes they will have no difference at all. But other times a slight body kit or color selection or wheelz. I don't think your statement is 100% accurate. But i do agree with the fact that we should know our cars. :-)
Old 06-23-2002, 12:06 PM

'03 CLK500
I dunno - whenever I see a car that's been debadged, I tend to think that the person has the lower model of the car and is trying to hide it (ex. buying an S430 and hoping people assume its a 500 or a 600). Personally, if I'm gonna spend the extra 8 grand on a CLK500 opposed to a 320, I want the world to know it