CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

C classes with CLK grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C classes with CLK grill

I am getting sick of C classes putting on the CLK grill to make it look like a CLK.
From head on it looks like a clk but once i see the side then i realize its a C class. I think C class with the regular emblem is fine looking and gives it, a look of its own, why change the grill to look like a CLK when it isnt.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:21 PM

CLK320
CLK wannabe?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:32 PM

'05 C55 AMG
because it looks more sporty? i think that most people who know mercedes cars won't confuse a c class and a clk just because the grill has been changed...i mean...there are still 4 doors aren't there?

btw, i plan on changing my grill to the updated w209 grill because i think it looks sportier and cleaner with a flat hood emblem.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by genechien
because it looks more sporty? i think that most people who know mercedes cars won't confuse a c class and a clk just because the grill has been changed...i mean...there are still 4 doors aren't there?
NOT all C classes are 4 doors, i have the 2 door coupe... But it comes with the Star in the grill and the hood badge.

I don't think they are trying to mimic the CLK, i think they are trying to get rid of the boring grill the C comes with.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
Originally Posted by Predator
I am getting sick of C classes putting on the CLK grill to make it look like a CLK.
From head on it looks like a clk but once i see the side then i realize its a C class. I think C class with the regular emblem is fine looking and gives it, a look of its own, why change the grill to look like a CLK when it isnt.
People who replace the C class stock grill to a CL grill do it for various reasons. It's not to make it look like a CLK, but to give their car a "look of its own" from other C classes. Maybe if others debadged their cars or remove the "0" in C230 than your comment might justify it. Changing the grill and adding a flat ornament badge gives the car a more sportier look.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:06 PM

05 C55, BMWX 3.0, Subaru Forester (Shaggin Wagon)
I understand your issues, but I find that most of the gille mods I hear about about come from C55's, same front end and frankly a superior machine to the CLK, so you think C55 owners are CLK wanna-bees?

I owned a 05 CLK500 and I returned it and got all my money back, LEMON. Nothing against you CLK owners, mind you, its a beautiful car with lots of bugs. Make sure you keep your left knee down so as not to hit the power seat buttons, and love that special right lane drift and quirky seat belt system, lack of steering feel and heavy doors...........sorry, couldn't help myself. I REALLY do like the CLK's.

Now I have a C55 and don't compare the two cars. Only 1000 of these produced every year and you can feel that advantage, including the stock 362 horses. And by the way, my car tracks absolutely straight!

The point is that if C-Class owners want to de-badge and put the CLK grille on, fine. It gives those owners some distinction. Whatever makes'em happy.

I personally have the stock grille, de-badged.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
its all good, were all benz brothers

this reminds me...anyone get a price yet on the 06 grille??
Old 08-17-2005, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by scovit
I understand your issues, but I find that most of the gille mods I hear about about come from C55's, same front end and frankly a superior machine to the CLK, so you think C55 owners are CLK wanna-bees?

I owned a 05 CLK500 and I returned it and got all my money back, LEMON. Nothing against you CLK owners, mind you, its a beautiful car with lots of bugs. Make sure you keep your left knee down so as not to hit the power seat buttons, and love that special right lane drift and quirky seat belt system, lack of steering feel and heavy doors...........sorry, couldn't help myself. I REALLY do like the CLK's.

Now I have a C55 and don't compare the two cars. Only 1000 of these produced every year and you can feel that advantage, including the stock 362 horses. And by the way, my car tracks absolutely straight!

The point is that if C-Class owners want to de-badge and put the CLK grille on, fine. It gives those owners some distinction. Whatever makes'em happy.

I personally have the stock grille, de-badged.
well sorry you had problems with ur CLK, luckily for me(knock on wood) i havent had ur problems or any others.
hey c55 is a good car but i wouldnt say c55 is a superior to clk, yea performance-wise but other than that clk is a notch higher since it is a higher class than the C classes. Clk has better interior, its a coupe, pillarless, bigger, wider. its like saying c55 is superior to s500 because its faster? come now.
if c55 was so much better it wouldnt be priced the same as clk500 which is slower.
as far as ur comment on distinction, yea i guess it makes it look more like a clk, guess that is distinction.

Last edited by Predator; 08-17-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:49 AM

05 C55, BMWX 3.0, Subaru Forester (Shaggin Wagon)
Predator:

No offense to you and CLK Cadet is right. We are all Merc bros.

A reminder.....the CLK Class sits on a C-Class frame. But because you haven't sat or driven in a C55 you don't realize that the Nappa Leather among other standards and not just the hand made engine with performance mods make it unique and a notch up on the CLK's. AMG models are distinctive along with their peice tag.....a cool 60K for the C55.

Once again, only 1000 of them are produced per year.

Ultimately, enjoy your car as I enjoy mine.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Stick to the topic, first of all, we can only fit a original CLK grill to C55. Because the whole front-end of a C55 is copying from CLK for sake of fitting a big 5.5 litre engine.

Any other CL/CLK look-alike grills you observe from non-C55 W203s are grills of taylored made i.e. they are NOT 'CLK Grill'.

Off the topic,
Here is a price list of MB cars in HK
HK MB price list

IMHO, C class W203 is not that 'superior' than a CLK W209; however,
what is top of the class is the brand 'AMG'.

A CLK55 AMG costs 20% more than a C55 and 40% more than a CLK500.
( And here, it happens that a C55 is more expensive than a CLK500; and that does not mean C55 is 'better' than a CLK500 in Hong Kong and not the case in the USA. )

If we can all simply judge MB cars' good or bad by looking at the price lists;
we better close down mbworld.org , because it is a waste of time to discuss.

My 2cents
cnt
Old 08-17-2005, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by scovit
Predator:

No offense to you and CLK Cadet is right. We are all Merc bros.

A reminder.....the CLK Class sits on a C-Class frame. But because you haven't sat or driven in a C55 you don't realize that the Nappa Leather among other standards and not just the hand made engine with performance mods make it unique and a notch up on the CLK's. AMG models are distinctive along with their peice tag.....a cool 60K for the C55.

Once again, only 1000 of them are produced per year.

Ultimately, enjoy your car as I enjoy mine.
funny u say we are wll Merc bros and than afterwards u are saying a c55 is better than clk500.
btw clk500 with options comes out to over 60K.
so because your car is a amg its better than E500? S500? you have nappa leather but we dont so your car is better?
my original post was that C class cars are copying the CLK grill. Do you see CLK cars copy anything from C class cars? hey im not looking down on C class. they are good cars, as is of course the c55 but my point is that C class cars copy the CLK grill to look like a clk from the front.
And while clk is not the only car with a star grill, our cars comes from the factory like that.

Last edited by Predator; 08-17-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
This just might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on this forum.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Blake P
This just might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on this forum.
wow thought u had a clk for sec from ur sig.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:45 PM

'05 C55 AMG
wow thought u had a clk for sec from ur sig.
do your really care about the opinion of someone that can't tell a difference between a c-class and and clk? i mean, for a split second when you see the car directly from the front it might be a bit tricky...but once it passes you and you see the 4 DOORs and everything else, won't you know that it's a c-class.

looks like a clk right? maybe because the entire front end IS from the clk? (btw that's not my car, just an example)

does it look like a clk now?

Last edited by genechien; 08-17-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
do your really care about the opinion of someone that can't tell a difference between a c-class and and clk?
My friend, forgive him, he is not up to that 'level' yet. He couldn't even tell the difference between a C55 and a non-AMG W203 front-end! It is never easy to grade the 'class' and 'quality' in terms of branding and uniqueness. e.g. Picasso paintings. I love the CLKs and did some good test drive on them, lovely cars indeed. But the fact was I never really being tempted to upgrade (from E320 W210) to a E500 or CLK500 even these were relatively affordable comparing to my $110K C55. Believe or not, I never had a chance to test drive a C55 (non any more powerful cars than my W210 ) , I gladly handed in my deposit 3 days after the dealer told me there was only one brilliant sliver C55 left right in next month's shipment. I was not ready to pay $140K for a CLK55 at that moment. If time can be reversed; I would get a CLK55 instead of C55 because I always love the CLK look. Did I care what types of grills, how many doors these cars have ? The answer is "NO".

Your star grill look great on your car and this is exactly the point. I saw a W211 here put on a CL look grill and it does not look like a E class any more - and the bigger problem is, it does not look like anything at all any more. I would hate to see it like that if that was my car, but would I care if someone who have paid a fortune for a MB with his hard earned money and has decided to mod his car the way that I don't fancy about ? No.

My off topic 2 cents.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:16 PM

uhh i think i can tell the difference. I said for sec, geez stop assuming ****.
i think anyone if they glanced real quick from the front of the w203 with the clk grill looks almost like clk but after looking at it for a little, u can realize its not.
Its my opinion about this grill thing so if u dont like it well too bad. dont get all bent out of shape.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:18 PM

do your really care about the opinion of someone that can't tell a difference between a c-class and and clk? i mean, for a split second when you see the car directly from the front it might be a bit tricky...but once it passes you and you see the 4 DOORs and everything else, won't you know that it's a c-class.

looks like a clk right? maybe because the entire front end IS from the clk? (btw that's not my car, just an example)

does it look like a clk now?
look at my first post, before u post. i said from the front! and from side u can see its not clk!!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:20 PM

i dont know how this became a clk vs c class thread? i only stated the grill.geez u c class owners sure are sensitive. C is better than clk! happy?
Old 08-17-2005, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
i dont know how this became a clk vs c class thread? i only stated the grill.geez u c class owners sure are sensitive. C is better than clk! happy?
Yes, it's not about CLK vs. C classes, but rather how how stated "I am getting sick of C classes putting on the CLK grill to make it look like a CLK". Everyone has an opinion, but you came off degrading those who MOD their cars. If members change the classic style, so be it. Respect it. If someone asked for a group opinion, then you can express your IMO. Were all Benz owners and not Bimmers.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
It's not nearly as bad as this idiot. I saw it when I was in California and had to take a picture. What's an M 420?
Attached Thumbnails C classes with CLK grill-dscf1265.jpg  
Old 08-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Almost a Member!

lol
Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
Yes, it's not about CLK vs. C classes, but rather how how stated "I am getting sick of C classes putting on the CLK grill to make it look like a CLK". Everyone has an opinion, but you came off degrading those who MOD their cars. If members change the classic style, so be it. Respect it. If someone asked for a group opinion, then you can express your IMO. Were all Benz owners and not Bimmers.
i have nothing against moding. i love moding. i just am not crazy about copying.
like i.e a accord with bimmer front conversion.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 PM
taylor192

Hey Predator, how about asking MB why they put the SL grill on a lowly CLK?

Its just style and class, both you're lacking so I understand why you don't get it.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by taylor192
Hey Predator, how about asking MB why they put the SL grill on a lowly CLK?

Its just style and class, both you're lacking so I understand why you don't get it.
lol. so sensitive are we? well my car came like that from the factory that way. Besides all modern 2 door MBs has the star grill. not saying some 4 door doesnt have the star grill.
lowly clk? hehe see i like the c class so im not going to say c class is lowly.
think someone needs some class & style.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:48 PM

'05 C55 AMG
hey people, let not start personally attacking someone just because they expressed their opinon. like my grandpa used to say, winning an argument online is like winning at the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded

clk = good car
c class = good car
c55 = great car (hehe just kidding...kind of)

i think they are just two different animals, no way to really compare the two. now lets talk about chicks or something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C classes with CLK grill