CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Notice of Class Action Suit against MBUSA received in mail.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Audi S4, 2003 CLK 500
Notice of Class Action Suit against MBUSA received in mail.

I just received in the mail today a class action suit against MBUSA. It states as follows" All persons or entities residing in New Jersey, New York or Connecticut who have purchased or leased a Mercedes Benz automobile manufactured , marketed, sold and/or leased by Mercedes-Benz USA , and equipped with high performance/low profile tires mounted on AMG wheels and rims, either as standard or optional equipment". It goes on to state, " A class action lawsuit against Mercedes-Benz, USA, INC is pending in the Superior Court of New Jersey, law division, Bergen County [ the "Court". The plaintiffs Jeffrey Schnipper, Sheldon Schiff, David Wolfson and Todd Semon, claims that Mercedes-Benz engaged in unlawful conduct in connection with the marketing, sale and lease of all Mercedes-Benz automobiles equipped with high performance/low profile tires mounted on AMG wheels and rims [" the Performance Package"] [a] by falsely advertising and misrepresenting the safety of Mercedes-Benz automobiles and the durability and safety or the Performance Package on Mercedes-Benz automobiles, and [b] by failing to disclose the material fact that Mercedes-Benz automobiles equipped with the Performance Package suffer tire failure and/or damaged rims under routine driving conditions, leading to dangerous driving situations and costly repairs [the 'Action']. I have already had to replace one of my tires that had a bubble on the sidewall, a Pirelli P-Zero.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the info. Although I don't know the facts of the plantiff's case, I don't believe MBUSA does any better than the other car manufact. about disclosing the pros and cons of sporty equipment (like tires). While there may be a systematic failure of tires/wheels I don't know about, this lawsuit seems frivolous (sp?) at first glance. Do you have any more details about the case?
Old 04-27-2003, 01:55 AM

CLK320, ML320, 300TE
finally..

they are 100% correct for this lawsuit. At least audi mentions the downside of the low pro tires. Mercedes flaunts it as a good thing in my opinion \, and perhaps it is in California and Florida where the roads are nice and smooth, and you can ride 19" rims.

However, NY and NJ are different stories, the main road connecting with my street has enough pothholes to kill almost any lo pro tire at any speed. My set of bridgestone s03 that I added at my own will, knowing the risks, would be flat 100 times over if I didnt drive carefully with them.

My friend has an M3 equipped with massive 19" wheels. Even if you ignore the degradation of ride quality, (although they do look nice) he is rarely ever able to push his M3 to its potential because he is scared of getting a flat or cracking a rim. That being said, he is downgrading to 18" wheels.

Although Mercedes has not yet been stupid enough to equip a clk with 35 and 30 series tires, a driver who is not aware of the potential dangers of low pro tires could find himself in some serious sh**
Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 AM

2008 350CLK Convertible
Resolution?

What was the outcome of this lawsuit? My '08 CLK350 was almost totaled because of wheel failure. It seems the problem was never effectively resolved.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
This is a very common problem. Also it's an 8 year old thread. Lol It's definitely the oldest thread I have seen revived. Congrats!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
LOL
EXIT 44 signed up on mbworld.org, found himself a thread thats nearly 8 years old and decided he would do his first post here. This is hilarious!!
Old 02-27-2011, 07:00 AM

c200k
How is it hilarious? It's not a simple bump. He did a search and wanted to know the outcome for his own reasons. Is it your job to keep such things a secret?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Lol, yea we have been keeping it a secret for 8 years. Chances are 99% of the members in this thread aren't even active anymore.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:45 AM

c200k
Again, are you the keeper of this forum, with only a directive to read every single thread that pops up, or are people entitled to find out information they need for themselves without passing through you?

Information is information. Does wanting to know the outcome expire? If so, can you request a change in the forum rules to explicitly state that you want it arranged around you? The poster's question is very valid and you're only making a fool out of yourself and acting like a spoiled Tony. And "active" doesn't mean anything. You quantify it yourself. People still lurk, or get notifications via email and chime in. You seem to not know how internet forums work, do you? So how about you fist pump your way over to another thread that needs a sheriff, eh? This is not one of those spambots that revives old threads.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I'm the one who's acting like a sheriff?

Last edited by dynomite05; 02-27-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 AM

c200k
Yeah. If you think I'm acting like a sheriff, then I'm quite certain you didn't do well in any history class and have little understanding about world events today.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I see somebody woke up with a sandy vagina today. Your last 3 posts have been as useful as your first 15 in the past 3 years. You newbs have to stick together.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 CLK350 -SOLD! 2010 Cadillac SRX Premium Turbo
Originally Posted by Exit 44
What was the outcome of this lawsuit? My '08 CLK350 was almost totaled because of wheel failure. It seems the problem was never effectively resolved.
What wheel and tire dimensions were you running?

What caused the damage?

A little info would help here.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:59 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by dynomite05
I see somebody woke up with a sandy vagina today. Your last 3 posts have been as useful as your first 15 in the past 3 years. You newbs have to stick together.
n00b? If you want to say that or think that. The internet is a big open place, and I can guarantee there are more lurkers than users on these forums. However, there's always a territorial one on every forum, in this case, a fist pumper that believes his angle is always the correct one, and the converse of the person on the message board that says "if you're posting so much, you're never [insert theme of the forum here]!" In this case, we have someone with dominance through post count asserting authority over the forum and judging what is right and wrong, and in this case, making a knee-jerk response to a thread bump, without the capacity to adapt his own thinking and realize using the case by case basis formula, that there are good bumps from the past, and those that aren't bad, and then when some even get bumped from the past, they shouldn't affect him unless he's putting too much into the forum.

So, while you're busy pumping fists to keep the beats down, customizing your car for speeds it will never reach, I drive the autobahn at triple digits and tour Europe. Try expanding to a more worldly approach than just "the shore" and tanning salons and cruising with the windows down just so people could notice you. They do that same crap in Jamaica Queens, 20 in the left lane of any road, so people can see them drive by in their spiffy new 1999 Acura.

And again, you laid down a poor attempt to label me as a sheriff, as I did with you. You haven't addressed that if you think that, you did poorly in history classes and can't understand world events transpiring today. Likewise, you claim "sandy vagina", in a classy way, on my part. Yet look at your knee jerk reaction, which now has turned into classism and e-superiority and chest thumping.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Wow, I must have really gotten under your skin. You are one big box of stereotypes, huh. Sounds like you have some pent up aggression that goes well beyond this forum. No matter, in a few hours you will crawl back into the dark hole you were lurking from.

That's a lot of anger so early in the morning. Very "worldy" of you to assume you know me from what you see on your tv.

Last edited by dynomite05; 02-27-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by dynomite05
Wow, I must have really gotten under your skin. You are one big box of stereotypes, huh. Sounds like you have some pent up aggression that goes well beyond this forum. No matter, in a few hours you will crawl back into the dark hole you were lurking from.

That's a lot of anger so early in the morning. Very "worldy" of you to assume you know me from what you see on your tv.
You actually have not gotten under my skin. It's amazing how many people on the internet always run to that when they run out of gas and can't address anything better. The internet is my entertainment and I actually know where to draw a separation between real life and what exists electronically and dies the moment I hit the power switch. That is the difference between you and I, and that is what everyone sees here except for you. You can continue to make uninitiated judgements of psychological standing in order to cover for the fact that you messed up and needlessly flamed someone. You realize it, but due to pride, can not get yourself out of it. Pride and territorialism. On top of which, you completely disconnect from any statements being made about you, your behavior, validity of the poster's question, as well as defenses against your pitiful personal attacks designed to be diversions away from being called out as wrong.

"Pent up aggression" is a woefully average and juvenile expression that also displays your incapability of making psychological assessment, while continuing to try. Again, there are many, except you, who actually see that is an expression that people who are trying to emulate a higher intellectual niveau use, despite not having reached it. So they use terms from 80's sitcoms that have diffused through society.

All because you needlessly flamed a newly registered user who actually used the search, rather than posting a new thread, in order to get information that is valid to them, but somehow, not valid to you. In that case, you could have just practiced "move along now", since there are no problems except those you make for yourself, but you continued to defend the wrong action you took instead of admitting you were wrong and apologizing, or going away.

Last edited by sknight; 02-27-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I still don't understand what exactly I said to get your panties in a bunch and make you whip out your encyclopedia so early on a Sunday morning.

Time to stop feeding the troll.

Last edited by dynomite05; 02-27-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:31 AM

c200k
I still don't understand what exactly I said to get your panties in a bunch and make you whip out your encyclopedia so early on a Sunday morning.
You didn't, sir. You should apologize to the poster well above yours, whom you flamed. Their question is valid, but you don't want to admit you're wrong (can't admit you're right, for that matter), and you're now embarrassing yourself using playground tactics and disconnecting with what is being said. You can disconnect and lie to yourself, but how the forum sees you stands.

And I especially enjoy the "whipping out the encyclopedia" remark. You mean "straight out of my thoughts"? So knowledge is frowned upon today? In a society and world that is increasingly dependent on information, knowledge, education, and transmission of said information? You're the member of a forum which transmits information and makes it available to people, such as the poster you flamed, but you frowned upon their correct procedure in obtaining such information and immaturely flamed them, then decided to lob an insecure insult, which is actually a compliment, by saying I "whipped out an encyclopedia"? You're hysterical. This is pretty much the same thing being flamed in certain communities, where a child tries to educate themselves out of the ghetto, then gets beaten up and flamed for being an A student, simply because those others have not reached those levels. Then are accused of being uncle Toms, for instance.

I mean really, was that comment even necessary? It tells more about you than me, and actually insults you while complementing me, so thanks very much. It also shows your inability to simply bow out and admit you were wrong and go away and apologize to the poster.

Edit: I also just now caught your edit with the "feeding the troll" comment. Sir, trolls can be 8,000+ posters. Often times, the trolls are the regular posters themselves. It's also a common tactic on forums to immediately declare "troll" the moment someone is in a losing battle or doesn't like something they read, hoping that the forum is stupid enough to only read the last post, which a fake remark designed to mislead people and force them to take sides. Luckily, people actually read events that lead up to last posts, for the most part, and don't fall for such tactics as trying to be dishonest in order to cover up being wrong and then declaring "troll" as yet another layer to prevent declaring themselves wrong and apologizing to the poster you flamed. That is trolling.

Last edited by sknight; 02-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Really hate seeing these kind of things happen. Constructive to destructive.

Everyone has an opinion or point of view. Resolution will not be found here today.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by Mka77
Really hate seeing these kind of things happen. Constructive to destructive.

Everyone has an opinion or point of view. Resolution will not be found here today.
You deserve some praise for trying to bring it on track and providing help to the new poster.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not in it for the praise.

Just wanting to pay forward some knowledge I may have picked up along the way to someone that may do the same.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
Old 02-27-2011, 10:43 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by Mka77
Not in it for the praise.

Just wanting to pay forward some knowledge I may have picked up along the way to someone that may do the same.

Isn't that how it is supposed to work?
100% The new poster did the right thing:

-used the search
-decided they were not special and the database works better when threads are consolidated
-replied to the existing thread, which shows up in the subscribed threads in the usercp, as well as dispatching emails to those who have that option selected.

...which got him flamed by a "veteran" and got us to where we are now.

Last edited by sknight; 02-27-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Calm down everyone. Deep Breaths, deep breaths.

Think before posting. Ignore some that annoy you.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:24 AM

09C63AMG, 03E320
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Calm down everyone. Deep Breaths, deep breaths.

Think before posting. Ignore some that annoy you.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:27 AM

c200k
Thank you, mb-bob.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Notice of Class Action Suit against MBUSA received in mail.