CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help with aftermarket products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK 500 W209
Need help with aftermarket products

I have a 2003 CLK500 (W209) that I would like to add some extra punch to. With so many options out there I could use a bit of input as to what works best. I am looking to add Headers and an Exhaust, upgraded ECU, and Supercharger. I live in Orlando, Fl and would also like to if anyone knows or has used a local speed shop to help in the process. Any suggestions as to what brand or parts to use would be a tremendous help. This is my first car that I have looked to upgrade so need a bit of guidance. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Need help with aftermarket products-p1010968.jpg  
Old 04-05-2012, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Google "kleemann SC".
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by stockchampion25
I have a 2003 CLK500 (W209) that I would like to add some extra punch to. With so many options out there I could use a bit of input as to what works best. I am looking to add Headers and an Exhaust, upgraded ECU, and Supercharger. I live in Orlando, Fl and would also like to if anyone knows or has used a local speed shop to help in the process. Any suggestions as to what brand or parts to use would be a tremendous help. This is my first car that I have looked to upgrade so need a bit of guidance. Thanks in advance!
Simple searches of the 209 section will bring up countless threads containing 500 (M113) mods. Several of us have already supercharged and dozens (if not hundreds) have done exhaust and ECU work.

Welcome and good luck.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM

2003 CLK 500 W209
Verus RENNtech? I know the price is far better with Kleemann but what about performance? That what I am looking for, what performs better. Cost matters but I dont want that to compromise performance.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:16 PM

2003 CLK 500 W209
I have and you are right there are tons of post. What I am hoping to gain is what works better? I know everyone will have an opinion and I want hear it. If this was your dream project, what would you do and why? Calrsson, Kleemann or RENNtech?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM

'03 clk 500
I have and you are right there are tons of post. What I am hoping to gain is what works better? I know everyone will have an opinion and I want hear it. If this was your dream project, what would you do and why? Calrsson, Kleemann or RENNtech?
take out the back seats, get adv1 forged 5 spoke rims, and follow kev's build to the letter. :p https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...n-goodies.html
Old 04-06-2012, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
The whole purpose of buying my 209 was to build one last "everything" mod car. I researched what was out there and bought based on facts available, actual member testimonies and company reputations. Some worked, some didn't. As for my Kleeemann set up, no regrets whatsoever, the car is an animal on the roadcourse tracks and that's what I wanted. Before I added all the power though I upgraded the suspension, brakes and rear end - all the power in the world is worthless if you can't plant it, turn it or stop it.

Its good to see that you are also doing some research, my mod thread will help you make some decisions on what you want to do with the car and how to save some money, ie, Akebono pads are great for the street but almost helped me get into a wall at the track...

Feel free to contact me anytime, I certainly won't claim to know everything around here but I do have a pretty good background in building track cars (and a wee bit of audio too) - with the knowledge of all the 209 members combined, this is one phenomenal place to learn and have fun.

Last edited by Kevwood; 04-06-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:56 AM

2003 CLK 500 W209
Thanks for the help Kevwood! Have you got your project back yet? From reading your project post it looks like you are looking to get it back this Saturday, for that shops sake I hope they get it to you by then!

The 209 that you have what kind of brakes suspension and rear end did you put on it and why. Please remember that I am in Orlando, FL and cannot ge everything that you can in Dubia, lucky dog you are!

Also I am looking to do this in steps and from the sounds of it you are suggestion upgraded brakes suspension and rear end first. Where is a good starting point after I do that? Headers and Exhaust and intake I take it?

Thanks again for you help!
The following users liked this post:
rwolak (06-30-2019)
Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the help Kevwood! Have you got your project back yet? From reading your project post it looks like you are looking to get it back this Saturday, for that shops sake I hope they get it to you by then!

The 209 that you have what kind of brakes suspension and rear end did you put on it and why. Please remember that I am in Orlando, FL and cannot ge everything that you can in Dubia, lucky dog you are!

Also I am looking to do this in steps and from the sounds of it you are suggestion upgraded brakes suspension and rear end first. Where is a good starting point after I do that? Headers and Exhaust and intake I take it?

Thanks again for you help!
I haven't got the car back, I'm heading to the shop in a few hours to see if the audio is done. When the audio is finished, I'm still not taking it because it's also getting a bunch of bodywork/paint done as well (same shop) but those guys should only take a few days.

As for all my parts, I import everything from the US or Europe and pay an arm and a leg for the shipping, customs and brokerage duties - you are far better off building your car State-side.

For my suspension I went with H&R springs & sway bars (adjustable) and Koni adjustable shocks/struts (yellows). I also have CLK AMG Black Series strut tower bars that are being worked into the equation (heavy modifications needed). I also have the P1 rear camber kit.

For brakes I upgraded to a Brembo Grand Turismo big brake kit with 6 piston front/4 piston rear calipers, floating slotted composite rotors and stainless lines.

Rear end, Quaife LSD.

Most of my mods are listed in my sig and pictures can all be found on my profile page in my albums.