CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Which company should I go through for an ECU tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
Which company should I go through for an ECU tune?

This has been beat to death I'm sure, and I've already done my fair bit of searching through the forums. I was ready to pull the trigger with Speedtuning USA but then I saw some people saying they had troubles with them and that they were shady, so now I'm hesitant.

I guess I'm just asking for any recommendations or testimonials? I'd like to get an ECU tune, but I want to be reasonably assured that I'm not gonna get screwed somehow.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK 550
I'm very happy with my OE Tuning tune.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 AM

CLK350
Originally Posted by klonsbury
I'm very happy with my OE Tuning tune.
Damn, $495. A bit steep compared to what I've seen elsewhere. Did you have to send your ECU in, or could they send you a programmer to do it yourself?
Old 04-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 CLK 550
I bought the My Genius programmer. They had a special (cant remember the price) back in December. They email you the files and you upload it using the handheld My Genius.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM

CLK350
I emailed them and they got back to me saying it would be $499 for the tune and $200 for the programmer. Might end up going with them.

I was talking with Oliver at Speedtuning though and he said that I would have to send in my ECU to them. Not sure how I feel about that. Anybody that has done that before care to chime in with their experiences?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:50 PM

CLK550
I got a Eurocharged tune for $525 when they came to Calgary for a tuning day. Pretty noticeable increase in power and torque but I was more happy to have the 130mph governor removed. I already had the resonator replaced with a straight pipe but once I got the tune the exhaust became LOUD at WOT but thankfully no drone when driving peacefully. Definentally recommend Eurocharged.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by whtclk
I got a Eurocharged tune for $525 when they came to Calgary for a tuning day. Pretty noticeable increase in power and torque but I was more happy to have the 130mph governor removed. I already had the resonator replaced with a straight pipe but once I got the tune the exhaust became LOUD at WOT but thankfully no drone when driving peacefully. Definentally recommend Eurocharged.
We aim to please!

There are a lot of great tuners on the boards, but what really makes the difference is the after tune support. (both recent)

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...cond-none.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ged-again.html

We can do the mygenius handheld (same one everyone has) and tune for $550 if your interested, or mail in ecu for $400 plus ship.

Trending Topics

Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e63 NA
Very opinionated thread you are going to have here

I personally went with Eurocharged tune on my 500 engine. They were very professional and worked with my schedule and we setup a remote tune where I plugged my computer into my car and they tuned it in my garage from 1000 miles away. A lot of tuners do offer this kind of remote service now.

Sorry to say but I have zero benchmark comparison to other tunes, but I know with my upgraded intake and xpipe they worked well with my current mods for a hefty gain. My car is quite the beast now! (for me at least!) I too was a little worried about doing a tune but they had plenty of experience on higher output engine (and my engine) so I went with EC and have no regrets.

Good luck with whatever tune you chose!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 PM

CLK350
Originally Posted by loungn14
We aim to please!

There are a lot of great tuners on the boards, but what really makes the difference is the after tune support. (both recent)

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...cond-none.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ged-again.html

We can do the mygenius handheld (same one everyone has) and tune for $550 if your interested, or mail in ecu for $400 plus ship.
Seems like you guys are the winner. I'm gonna search around a bit more but it's looking like I'll pull the trigger for Eurocharged. Question though...I was looking at your website and there's no CLK 350 option. I assume that you can do it though as the C350 and E350 share the same engine?

Also, I plan on getting exhaust work done sometime in the near future as well. Would I need to wait to do the ECU tune until after I do the exhaust work? Or can I get the tune first, then exhaust? Will it adapt itself?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Pufftrees
Very opinionated thread you are going to have here

I personally went with Eurocharged tune on my 500 engine. They were very professional and worked with my schedule and we setup a remote tune where I plugged my computer into my car and they tuned it in my garage from 1000 miles away. A lot of tuners do offer this kind of remote service now.

Sorry to say but I have zero benchmark comparison to other tunes, but I know with my upgraded intake and xpipe they worked well with my current mods for a hefty gain. My car is quite the beast now! (for me at least!) I too was a little worried about doing a tune but they had plenty of experience on higher output engine (and my engine) so I went with EC and have no regrets.

Good luck with whatever tune you chose!
thanks for the kind words!

and ya we have some pretty good experience on higher end vehicles..

Originally Posted by Mikevercetti
Seems like you guys are the winner. I'm gonna search around a bit more but it's looking like I'll pull the trigger for Eurocharged. Question though...I was looking at your website and there's no CLK 350 option. I assume that you can do it though as the C350 and E350 share the same engine?

Also, I plan on getting exhaust work done sometime in the near future as well. Would I need to wait to do the ECU tune until after I do the exhaust work? Or can I get the tune first, then exhaust? Will it adapt itself?
yes sir, we are working on getting the website updated...

and correct...tune will adapt for the exhaust.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:28 AM

2000 Volvo S40, 2006 Hummer H3, 2008 CLK550
I did the oetuning chip....I should have dynod before and after
but to me it seems a lot faster
with the sprint booster on RED and in SPORT MODE
the clk 550 HAULS AAAAAA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$