CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Rate of Stolen AMGs/MBs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 2004
Rate of Stolen AMGs/MBs?

I’ve recently had a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Limited stolen. It was in great condition.
I freelance and sometimes work till 4am at the location it was stolen.
Having just bought a 2004 CLK55 and still a bit paranoid my question is how often are these (AMGs and MBs) cars stolen? Has anyone had or know of one being taken?

Rastus
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM

CLK 55
Originally Posted by Rastus
I’ve recently had a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Limited stolen. It was in great condition.
Having just bought a 2004 CLK55 and still a bit paranoid my question is how often are these (AMGs and MBs) cars stolen? Has anyone had or know of one being taken?

Rastus
i think the only way one of these can get stolen is a flatbed tow, or u get someone like the dude who was stealing david beckhams X5 over n over...but MB efficient...u should be ok, good luck wit the new ride tho...
Old 03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
http://www.lojack.com/stolen-car-list.html
Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
RDD

03 M3 coupe 6MT, 05 A6 (wife + kid's)
Yeah, MB's aren't easy to steal from what I've heard. I think most German cars are tougher to steal than a run of the mill import like a Honda. For the final verdict on this you would need to ask Nicholas Cage or Angelina Jolie.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
forget stealing it..you can get carjacked though.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM

Currently on foot.
Originally Posted by Rastus

Rastus
Many years ago a friend of mine had her brand new Camry stolen. She couldn't believe it. She thought because it was a "common" 4 door sedan she was safe.

But even the Police here told her the two top stolen vehicles in Toronto were the Camry and the Jeep Cherokee. Apparently part of the reason was they were easy to dispose of.

I believe I've read statistics in the past saying these two are most stolen (in general) in most of North America.

Higher end cars also tend to have better security systems so are harder to steal. Anyways for whatever this is worth I hope it gives you SOME comfort!

Even the Hyundai Tiburon is high on some lists. LOL.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Next to impossible to steal even when trying to flatbed!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:10 PM

SL500
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Next to impossible to steal even when trying to flatbed!
Cars are very easy to steal using a flat bed. Has your car ever been towed? Same thing... problem with high end cars is that theres low demand for their parts. Very few of these cars are stolen, because theres low demand for an entire stolen car, unless you go to south america where Chevy dealerships sell chevys that have been stolen from the US (crazy, but its true). Some very very high end cars might be stolen and shipped out of the country, but for the most part, the common car thief goes after cars like camry, accord, acura integra, civic, certain trucks, etc, because (1) they are relatively easy to steal (i broke into my own integra several times... and (2) their parts are VERY easily disposed of...

The secondary market for a car makes its ancillary black market also more profitable. Meaning, the more likely someone is to buy the car used, also makes it more profitable (for parts, etc) for a thief.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by lustedp
Cars are very easy to steal using a flat bed. Has your car ever been towed? Same thing... problem with high end cars is that theres low demand for their parts. Very few of these cars are stolen, because theres low demand for an entire stolen car, unless you go to south america where Chevy dealerships sell chevys that have been stolen from the US (crazy, but its true). Some very very high end cars might be stolen and shipped out of the country, but for the most part, the common car thief goes after cars like camry, accord, acura integra, civic, certain trucks, etc, because (1) they are relatively easy to steal (i broke into my own integra several times... and (2) their parts are VERY easily disposed of...

The secondary market for a car makes its ancillary black market also more profitable. Meaning, the more likely someone is to buy the car used, also makes it more profitable (for parts, etc) for a thief.
NO!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Banned

your sister.
you can tow any car less than 2 minutes easily using a towtruck or flatbed
Old 03-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
MB Theft

Lojack with the Early Warning.

When the car moves even on a flatbed without the Fab on the key
in the car it calls my cell phone and e-mails my computer.

Carjack most likely for high end MB. Stay away from bad neighborhoods.
My SL55 avoids going north of the Orange Curtain.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63s, 2021 E63s Estate
Black market demand for high end cars is much higher in Europe due to costs associated with them.

While the AMG cars are targets for theft, the actual rate of theft would be very small compared to a Civic, or a Camry. There has to be an easy market for thieves to pander to (key word: EASY).
Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM

Currently on foot.
Originally Posted by lustedp

Exactly right!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
blackbenzz was car jacked for his kleeman last fall... he got it back after teleaid found it
Old 03-31-2007, 05:38 PM

Currently on foot.
I wish we were able to carry guns in Canada. Anyone who tried to carjack me would get a bullet in the head!!

It's sad that we have to worry about human garbage stealing what so many work hard to aquire.