CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

AMG posers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by lewisracing
It doesnt metter, you can get anything on Ebay for $19.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-5...Q5fAccessories

Haha.

Yeah, true.

Well, I guess we'll just have to insist that everyone drives around with their hoods off. So we can all see what engines we all have! LOL

Each to their own.

I'm not troubled by it enough to rant.

Nice car, by the way buddy.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:15 PM

It doesnt metter, you can get anything on Ebay for $19.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMG-5...Q5fAccessories

... Just looked at some of your pics on your album.
Awesome car.

Man, I can't believe you drive it in the snow!

It's great fun in the wet but it's the salt & grit that concerns me.

Fair play to you.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:15 PM

2008 MBZ CLK63 AMG Black Series
Thanks Rashman!

I just bought it on the 19th, and drove it from Jacksonville FL to Philadelphia PA (900 miles) and it happened to snow 23 inches that weekend, ahh! Trust me, if I could have avoided the snow and salt, I would have! I washed that thing every 2 days to keep the salt off of it.

It is now on a transport truck leaving PA and headed for Los Angeles CA where I currently live. When it arrives, I will be giving it a nice warm bath and some wax.

Back to the topic, this thread is funny... I can't wait to pull up next to an AMG poser sometime in my CLK63. Better yet, if I ever see a poser in a parking lot, I'll park mine next to his and snap a photo to post on this thread.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM

Here is another good one if anyone wants to turn their CLK320 into a CLK63 for less than $20. It is guaranteed to increase your engine diplacement just by having this badge!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...item41476228c6

Old 12-30-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks Rashman!

I just bought it on the 19th, and drove it from Jacksonville FL to Philadelphia PA (900 miles) and it happened to snow 23 inches that weekend, ahh! Trust me, if I could have avoided the snow and salt, I would have! I washed that thing every 2 days to keep the salt off of it.

It is now on a transport truck leaving PA and headed for Los Angeles CA where I currently live. When it arrives, I will be giving it a nice warm bath and some wax.

Back to the topic, this thread is funny... I can't wait to pull up next to an AMG poser sometime in my CLK63. Better yet, if I ever see a poser in a parking lot, I'll park mine next to his and snap a photo to post on this thread.

Warm bath and some wax.. heehee!!

That's the stuff.
If you ever meet a wax freak... it will be me! haha

I love the stuff.
Gave mine 8 coats in the last 12 days.
I'm using a layering wax and am building up some great depth now.
I bought the car in May and have waxed it about 20-25 times now.
I have a mate who calls me his "OCD friend". LOL

Shines like a ruby. Pictures just can't do it justice.

Look after Blackie, man.
You must be over the moon to have one.
Awesome, awesome piece of engineering.

Make sure those transport boys know what they're doing. AND keep their mitts off!!

I believe we both have rare cars.
Perhaps mine even more so. Anyone who had the cash and wanted the best of AMG in CLK form, would have marched straight up to Blackie (Understandably!).
I have yet to encounter another CLK63 Coupe on any of the 6 forums I use.

Blackie is very rare in the UK.
I was extremely lucky to have one pass me one day.
I chased it down and chatted to the owner.

He let me take a couple of snaps.
It also turned out to be the very Black Series that featured in the Uk tv show TopGear.

Very lucky indeed.

Don't reckon I'll be seeing one of those again in a hurry.

Anyway, as for seeing one in a parking lot.... I reckon just park next to him and kick the throttle over a couple of times.
That should make his nuts shrink. LOL

The sound of this M156 engine is godly.

I'm gonna keep my eye out too.
Get some more pics on this thread.

Last edited by Rashman; 01-04-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM

It is guaranteed to increase your engine diplacement just by having this badge!

LOL

Old 12-30-2009, 06:47 PM

Wow, you are WAY more OCD than I am! I saw the TG video and that is so cool that you met it in person.

I have only seen 2 of these in person (besides mine). One is my friend's car and one was at the 2007 LA auto show.... they didn't let us touch it then, but now I can touch it all I want!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 PM

... they didn't let us touch it then, but now I can touch it all I want!

LOL!

Yeeeah. Rub that aaaaaaass!

LOL

Take good care of it.

With Mercedes down-sizing their engines and going down the turbo route, we may well have one of the last of the great AMG V8's.

Besides the M159 engine that sits in the SLS, that is.

Though that engine is actually a variation of our M156.

It was named the M159 because they made enough significant changes to the M156 engine to varant a new name.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Here is a dealer selling an S600 and they say it's an AMG in the title. Idiot, false advertising:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Last edited by lewisracing; 12-30-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 PM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
Originally Posted by Rashman
Warm bath and some wax.. heehee!!

That's the stuff.
If you ever meet a wax freak... it will be me! haha

I love the stuff.
Gave mine 8 coats in the last 12 days.
I'm using a layering wax and am building up some great depth now.
I bought the car in May and have waxed it about 20-25 times now.
I have a mate who calls me his "OCD friend". LOL

Shines like a ruby. Pictures just can't do it justice.
8 coats in the last 12 days? The extra shine might just be in your head. at that point you are just wiping on and off excess. Layering wax is more of a gimmick but Id want to buy a secondhand car even more from a previous owner that had ocd

Last edited by Moedy; 12-30-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moedy
8 coats in the last 12 days? The extra shine might just be in your head. at that point you are just wiping on and off excess. Layering wax is more of a gimmick but Id want to buy a secondhand car even more from a previous owner that had ocd

Hmm. I understand what you're saying.

But seriously man, you really have to see this to believe it.

When I had some tuning work done on my car, the guys in the workshop all gasped when they saw my car under their lights.

It wasn't just the shine that got them. They said that every car they've had in there showed swirl marks and also some fine scratches (an Aston for example, which was sitting next to my car). It didn't matter whether it was an old, or new car. They said that they could not believe the condition of the paint surface.
Although showing some swirls, my paint really was almost swirless.
That was some 12 coats ago.

Swirls are, as we know, very common and are hard to avoid developing (unless you're proper OCD when you clean your car! heehee).

Layering waxes not only create deeper shines but also work to conceal swirls and fine scratches.

I, too, have wondered how benefitial multiple layers of wax can really be.

But I can honestly say that I don't think the appearance of my car has ever been this good.

On the subject of "wiping on and off excess".
Yes, I understand this as well.

So what I do is:
Buff the surface prior to waxing. As in, a proper brisk buffing by hand as apposed to by machine.
(I personally believe that hands are more careful & useful than machines. Hands have the ability to transmit data to your head - i.e, detections of any contaminants, imperfections etc. By using your hands, you are also turning/ shaking your cloth more regularly than you would be changing the buffing surface on the machine).
Then, I wax the car. With slow motions. This ensures maxumium coverage and also encourages the wax to fill any swirls/ fine scratches.

After waiting for the wax to fully cure, I then buff the wax off using a more gentle approach.

Then I will go round the car briskly buffing with a fresh microfibre. Small sections at a time to ensure maximum revolutions of my hand on all surface areas. (by buffing large areas at a time, you will not "swipe" over each area as many times).

I do this brisk buffing to help ensure that the waxed surface is completely sealed and "shined off".

I have also clayed the car a couple of times when I first got it.
Smooooth as glass. heehee

As for the rest of the car, I treat all plastics and rubbers with silicone protectants. The engine bay is spotless and I also treat all rubbers and hoses. I wax inside door shuts, under the bonnet, bootlid, wheels. Everything.

I also cleaned and treated the underside of the car too.

I'm also doing all this to help reduce drag too.

They say that:
40% of drag is caused by the bodyshell,
30% of drag is caused by the wheels,
20% is caused by the underbelly of the car
and 10% is caused by things like shut lines etc.

As for buying a second hand car... You're right, condition is everything.

These days it's perhaps more important than seeing service history.

You can tell when a car has been looked after.

Sorry for rambling. Just got up! LOL

Last edited by Rashman; 01-04-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:20 AM

Here is a dealer selling an S600 and they say it's an AMG in the title. Idiot, false advertising:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...fCarsQ5fTrucks
Yeah, I see what you mean.
Some may not see that it makes a difference to the advert. But it's completely different!!

Thing is, I can see how dealers jump at the chance of adding "AMG" to their description when the car has AMG wheels, bodykit etc.

To them, it's just another way for them to help sell the car.

And sadly, some people may not know their Merc's that well, and may actually buy these cars thinking that they're AMG's.

That's bad.

Or, some dealers may not know their Merc's themselves and see AMG stamped on the wheels and think "hey, it's an AMG"!.

So, incorrect car ads can usually be explained.

But it's the guys that own a Benz and label it an AMG themselves that tick people off most.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
Way off topic guys
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by rsr911
Well in our case - EVERYTHING!!!
AMG installs different: engine, transmission, brakes, springs & shocks, seats and guages, steering wheel, wheels and tires and computer programing and even door sills.

Did i miss anything. AMGs cost 20 to 50 thousand dollars more than a regular model for all those reasons. That is why the badge makes a difference.
My C43 does not have amg door sills, does that mean i m a poser too?

Lol I m kidding but I hate when people do that and I do call everyOne out on that, it's so stuped and they make a joke out of themself!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:23 PM

'05 CLK55, '04 CLK320
Originally Posted by Rashman
Hmm. I understand what you're saying.

But seriously man, you really have to see this to believe it.

When I had some tuning work done on my car, the guys in the workshop all gasped when they saw my car under their lights.

It wasn't just the shine that got them. They said that every car they've had in there showed swirl marks and also some fine scratches (an Aston for example, which was sitting next to my car). It didn't matter whether it was an old, or new car. They said that they could not believe the condition of the paint surface.
Although showing some swirls, my paint really was almost swirless.
That was some 12 coats ago.

Swirls are, as we know, very common and are hard to avoid developing (unless you're proper OCD when you clean your car! heehee).

Layering waxes not only create deeper shines but also work to conceal swirls and fine scratches.

I, too, have wondered how benefitial multiple layers of wax can really be.

But I can honestly say that I don't think the appearance of my car has ever been this good.

On the subject of "wiping on and off excess".
Yes, I understand this as well.

So what I do is:
Buff the surface prior to waxing. As in, a proper brisk buffing by hand as apposed to by machine.
(I personally believe that hands are more careful & useful than machines. Hands have the ability to transmit data to your head - i.e, detections of any contaminants, imperfections etc. By using your hands, you are also turning/ shaking your cloth more regularly than you would be changing the buffing surface on the machine).
Then, I wax the car. With slow motions. This ensures maxumium coverage and also encourages the wax to fill any swirls/ fine scratches.

After waiting for the wax to fully cure, I then buff the wax off using a more gentle approach.

Then I will go round the car briskly buffing with a fresh microfibre. Small sections at a time to ensure maximum revolutions of my hand on all surface areas. (by buffing large areas at a time, you will not "swipe" over each area as many times).

I do this brisk buffing to help ensure that the waxed surface is completely sealed and "shined off".

I have also clayed the car a couple of times when I first got it.
Smooooth as glass. heehee

As for the rest of the car, I treat all plastics and rubbers with silicone protectants. The engine bay is spotless and I also treat all rubbers and hoses. I wax inside door shuts, under the bonnet, bootlid, wheels. Everything.

I also cleaned and treated the underside of the car too.

I'm also doing all this to help reduce drag too.

They say that:
40% of drag is caused by the bodyshell,
30% of drag is caused by the wheels,
20% is caused by the underbelly of the car
and 10% is caused by things like shut lines etc.

As for buying a second hand car... You're right, condition is everything.

These days it's perhaps more important than seeing service history.

You can tell when a car has been looked after.

Sorry for rambling. Just got up! LOL

thanks for the info, just by looking at this one post you can tell you put alot of effort into your car haha
Old 01-01-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Moedy
thanks for the info, just by looking at this one post you can tell you put alot of effort into your car haha

Haha.

Yeah. She's kinda made a slave of me.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ahmed
Way off topic guys

Yeah, you're right.

Sorry 'bout that, bud.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Wow....I wonder if the Mods can delete this whole page. That was a waste of time.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Living in the land of posers

I live in the land of posers. In the Czech Republic almost all AMG badged cars are imposters whereby they simply have added AMG wheels and body modifications. Most S, CLS and E have been modified to look like AMG. Will send in some pics. Reason...real simple: cost. To get the C63 up to scratch would set you back aorund $130-$150K. Base model is $100k - then add leather, sat nav/enter, electric seats, PO2 pkgs etc you are talking big bucks. I have attached the price list for a good laugh. It is in Czech but you will recognize most of the options or even what we could consider base features. Exchange rate is 18 to the USD.
So all these boys do over here is add bits and parts and hope to live the AMG dream!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
C 10 2009 limo ceník.pdf (24.9 KB, 250 views)
File Type: pdf
C 10 options.pdf (67.2 KB, 263 views)
Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 161 Likes on 130 Posts
R129 SL55 AMG & W208 CLK55 AMG
And the ultimate fake!

Last edited by Ahmed; 09-24-2022 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:59 PM

LOL!!

Great pics!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:21 AM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Ahmed
I think it's very important we take into consideration different market specifications before we make judgment.

I remember some time ago, a member here had posted a link from the Mercedes Benz AG site which had a website banner of a C320 with an AMG badge in their AMG section.

I have seen MB cars ordered with a complete AMG accessorization without any engine modifications. I am talking about optical package, brakes, suspension, exhaust and even interior clusters.

These cars were offloaded from the port with AMG badges on them!

Very strange indeed. I think this arguement has gone on for so long and its all heresay... someone from Mercedes Benz needs to come on this site and say something about this and put all these speculaltions to rest.
I agree with you to consider market specifications and the fact that AMG does accept cars to modify IE you can buy a regular mercedes and then send it to AMG to have it cutomised to the extent of even getting an engine swaps. this has been donne for years by only those who can afford it maybe due to sentimental value in the car ( to me that would be the only reason to pay about $100K for a motor swap and and other upgrades) the reason i brought that up is the fact that 98% of mercedes enthusiast will swear up and down that there is no C32 AMG coupe when there are around 23-27 C32 amg coupe that came of AMG and about 6 of those were original c320 coupe that got sent back to AMG by owners to get fitted with the supercharger and the works. the C32 AMG coupe was only made by special order.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10403021...pe/lowphotos#0
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Most fake AMG's I see are either CLK's or S classes - rarely do I see C or SL classes.

Sometimes an AMG isn't fake though - for example, the 03 CLK55 only had 2 exhaust, while the 05 has 4. Also, I have a 2001 S55 AMG - which has a dual exhaust, quad exhaust only came in 2003. So you have to look at details like that too, with car years and changes since AMG cars have a good amount of variation between models.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by rondocap
Most fake AMG's I see are either CLK's or S classes - rarely do I see C or SL classes.

Sometimes an AMG isn't fake though - for example, the 03 CLK55 only had 2 exhaust, while the 05 has 4. Also, I have a 2001 S55 AMG - which has a dual exhaust, quad exhaust only came in 2003. So you have to look at details like that too, with car years and changes since AMG cars have a good amount of variation between models.
Best place to look is inside. Rarely do posers change out the instrument cluster!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'16 A45 AMG
@ Ahmed

The last one is really funny, good one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AMG posers