CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

OEM body kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 02:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi TTRS
OEM body kits

Hey all
not sure if this question has been asked so many times but I cant find an answer
Is it possible to get the real OEM fenders and bumpers from Mercedes as to getting cheep fiberglass imitations?
Iv yet to find anyone on the net who has done a CLk63 black series conversion with real OEM parts.
Is there a reason for this other then money wise? or will the parts just wont fit?
I'm more then happy to spend 10K on body parts considering the price difference from a Clk63 to a black series is, well in Australia about over 100K difference in price.
So yeh I'm cool with paying a bit extra for OEM

Anyone got anything real to so about this?
Old 03-29-2018, 10:42 PM

Audi TTRS
Starting to think I’m never gonna get an answer to this
Old 03-30-2018, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
You can google and find plenty of answers to your question.

I think one of the main reasons is price. Things add up quickly when you buy OEM parts. How are you planning to do the rear of the car btw...cut out and swap quarter panels? It's easier to just add the fender flares from a body kit. What are you gonna do about the suspension? Start looking at swapping everything out and drilling your shock towers or just add some spacers and calling it a day.

Yeah, you can swap OEM parts out and by the time you're done you would've spent more than a real BS costs...or you could do a 5k body kit and call it a day.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:53 PM

Audi TTRS
I’m willing to go with oem. Iv had fibreglass kits before and they all crack not to mention never line up perfect. And yes i much rather spend the time and money on cutting out the panel and weld in the real thing. Iv seen people install flares before cutting away the guard and installing fibreglass and having it cracked the next year. Then your going to have to take it back for repairs all over again. I much rather do it ones properly.
Is there anywhere i can get good info on the comparisons between the two?
Old 03-31-2018, 01:31 AM

Audi TTRS
Also you mention drilling the shock towers? whats the do with that?
other the then coil overs, does the black share the same suspension components ?
I thought the extra wideness was just wider wheels? or are the support arms wider too?
Old 03-31-2018, 07:31 AM

Audi TTRS
spoke to my brother whos a panel beater about this subject.
I showed him CLK63 and the Black series rear panels. He said its nothing more then a rear panel replacement as what you would normally do on a repair job.
Long as the spot weld points are in the same location there should be no issues
Very standard procedure

As in if you got side rear ended right now, you will be doing the same job to it. all you will be doing is installing the Black series panel.
Question is, are you even able to buy a new Black series panel?
I know in audi parts catalogue you can order in body panel parts.
anyone think there be an issue here?
Old 03-31-2018, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by Muckman83
I’m willing to go with oem. Iv had fibreglass kits before and they all crack not to mention never line up perfect. And yes i much rather spend the time and money on cutting out the panel and weld in the real thing. Iv seen people install flares before cutting away the guard and installing fibreglass and having it cracked the next year. Then your going to have to take it back for repairs all over again. I much rather do it ones properly.
Is there anywhere i can get good info on the comparisons between the two?
I literally am selling my e55 to do this... now you just told me fiberglass is going to crack. Even duraflex? Their technology is crazy, think can bend like crazy.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:43 PM

Audi TTRS
My brother said his done heeps of panel replacements in rear end colisions and it be same job. Only issue I’d run into is the fuel flap. But it can be worked around, I have to see how the real black is done.
he also mentioned Even if i was to use fibreglass, your still going to have to cut metal and respray the whole panel anyway.
I’m thinking long term. If it’s done correctly as what it was from factory, it’s going to last for ever. Fibreglass is eventually going to age and crack as what iv seen in the past.
So in all the job to most people looks way harder then what it is but to a good panel beater it’s not that big of a deal

Last edited by Muckman83; 03-31-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 192 Posts
Built 2008 G55 & one big 80 Series LandCruiser !
for the HMS rears when you cut the fender back the two panels are re-tackwelded and then the flares mount to provide wider coverage.... EC ATX has a SL in their shop that's been wide bodied and they're building a v12 TT for ........ insane looking car - much like the one above.

E