CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

2 Black Series at the House

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:58 AM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32

What I want to see is a lap time from a CLK BS at the big track at will (and the streets as well). That will tell me how great of a car it is. I dont see it being that much quicker than a 1:33-1:34 but I know we will know soon.
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I see you have a 997s. I would love to see the CLK vs the 997S both running equal R-comp tires.

I would be one to say the 997s will be right there with the MB.
Not even close...As it happens, I spent last Wed at Willow on Streets and the big track. Best time on Streets (running back bowl config) was a 1:18, best time on the big track was a 1:30. The 997s couldn't touch those times. It was also very hot and the power was WAY DOWN on the Black Series - I would say it wasn't making over 420hp, max. These 63 motors have a tough time dealing with heat as it relates to intake manifold temps, the intake just turns into a big heat sink. On a nice cool winter day, I could pick up at least 3-5 seconds per lap.
Some thoughts about the Black Series after a day at the track. AMG has built a real winner, but it is by no means a "track car" as many have suggested. Its simply too heavy. However, in stock form, it can easily be driven to the track, run all day, and driven home if you so choose. Personally, the car is too nice for the track. It can do it, but its more fun on the street.
What makes the car is the handeling, suspension and brakes. They are all phenomenal and from what I understand the way the car comes from the factory is the setup they used to turn a 7:45 at the ring. The steering is good, but a bit numb...Its very quick and responsive but I would like to have a bit more feedback. My only other complaint is the small tach offset to the right. The shift indicator in the middle of the speedo is nice, but I would have liked a different guage layout with the tach right in the middle. Other than that, I agree that a GT3rs would be a better track car, no doubt. But the Porsche suffers around town where the Black series really shines. And thats exactly why I bought this car - to really enjoy on the streets and maybe the track once or twice a year. But, for me, I'd rather drive a real race car on the track and save the Black series for the street.
There was a Heffner Gallardo on the track with me - 800hp...THe Black Series kept up with it no prob - except for the straights where the Lambo pulled away fast...but as soon as a turn approached the Black Series was all over it, especially in the turns where the Lambo just couldnt put the power to good use. The Lambo also had a very tough time with the heat...5-10 laps was all it could run before the water temp skyrocketed into the red, sidelining it until the the temp dropped.
A few pics at the track then at the shop changing engine oil/filter, brake fluid and rear dif fluid -
Attached Thumbnails 2 Black Series at the House-benz.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-benz2.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-lambo1.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-benx11.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-benz12.jpg  

Last edited by LZH; 09-10-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by charl1exbr0wn
too much male bonding, competition and testosterone. youre old and you chase after girls like a 15 year old, please shut up.
Maybe that dig was for me?
Old 09-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
LZH:

To keep intake temps down we make a set of heat spacers to separate manifold from the heads and reduce heat soak.

You can find more information here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/202131-amg-63-r-d-1-a.html
Old 09-10-2007, 02:47 PM

08 clk63 amg black series
ALL you haters please suck my Co%k

alright guys, enough with all the chatter, AFter my long drive to arizona where i work ( i am sure you will call bs on that too) you guys have no time to talk about the car at hand but all you do is question peoples means. i am not a liar never have been never will. and i will clear it up with two posts. the first proving that i have 3 of the 7 or so cars in my stable and the next post when i get back to cali and shoot a pic of my black series. unlike half of you guys it seems that all you do is not work and bi$ch about cars that you dont think other people have. i am leaving it at this no more explanations no more threads that i have to hear complaining about a young guy doing well and thinking it is bs. here are a few pictures of my 04 f150 lightning that i drive every other week to arizona where i work in Fort Mohave doing real estate development and golf course communities with my uncle. the other are pics of me with my 2 az cars my s500 and my 3 month old "used" with 5k miles 06 bentley flying spur. so yes a man of 24 has all these az cars and a FKING BLACK SERIES SO SUCK IT.
Attached Thumbnails 2 Black Series at the House-dsc01897.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01898.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01899.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01900.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01901.jpg  

Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM

08 clk63 amg black series
acouple more for the real HATERS out there
Attached Thumbnails 2 Black Series at the House-dsc01902.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01903.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01905.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01906.jpg   2 Black Series at the House-dsc01907.jpg  

Old 09-10-2007, 03:26 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Vadim@GMGRacing
LZH:

To keep intake temps down we make a set of heat spacers to separate manifold from the heads and reduce heat soak.

You can find more information here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202131
Thanks Vadim - My buddy who has a E63 apparently ordered this from u guys and Im waiting for him to get it so we can install it and see how well it works. Thanks for the info, great stuff you guys are developing !!
Old 09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by spifffs
so yes a man of 24 has all these az cars and a FKING BLACK SERIES SO SUCK IT.
You need to get a life, pal.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by spifffs
alright guys, enough with all the chatter, AFter my long drive to arizona where i work ( i am sure you will call bs on that too) you guys have no time to talk about the car at hand but all you do is question peoples means. i am not a liar never have been never will. and i will clear it up with two posts. the first proving that i have 3 of the 7 or so cars in my stable and the next post when i get back to cali and shoot a pic of my black series. unlike half of you guys it seems that all you do is not work and bi$ch about cars that you dont think other people have. i am leaving it at this no more explanations no more threads that i have to hear complaining about a young guy doing well and thinking it is bs. here are a few pictures of my 04 f150 lightning that i drive every other week to arizona where i work in Fort Mohave doing real estate development and golf course communities with my uncle. the other are pics of me with my 2 az cars my s500 and my 3 month old "used" with 5k miles 06 bentley flying spur. so yes a man of 24 has all these az cars and a FKING BLACK SERIES SO SUCK IT.
I tried to refrain from taking part in this argument but can't hold back any longer. Why wouldn't you just take a pic of the CLK black before you left CA? Isn't that the main issue? You kept posting a link to a cardomain page with an old durango that showed or made no mention of your other cars. Why would you have a page dedicated to the worst car in "your" fleet and not one for your CLK or your Bentley? Now these new set of pics don't prove much either. Honestly, I can drive to my dad's house and take pics of all his cars and call them mine too.

PS- Your sig needs some updating, assuming those cars are yours.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by NY C32
I tried to refrain from taking part in this argument but can't hold back any longer. Why wouldn't you just take a pic of the CLK black before you left CA? Isn't that the main issue? You kept posting a link to a cardomain page with an old durango that showed or made no mention of your other cars. Why would you have a page dedicated to the worst car in "your" fleet and not one for your CLK or your Bentley? Now these new set of pics don't prove much either. Honestly, I can drive to my dad's house and take pics of all his cars and call them mine too.

LOL!!! Yeah most people probably would be embarrassed to mention the Bentley too. .
Old 09-10-2007, 08:38 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
I tried to refrain from taking part in this argument but can't hold back any longer. Why wouldn't you just take a pic of the CLK black before you left CA? Honestly, I can drive to my dad's house and take pics of all his cars and call them mine too.

Hey NY C32, Thanks for thinking the same way I do about persons who talk about their cars but somehow can't OR won't produce some simple evidence about what they have.

When I first began hitting car web forums back in March of 2006, I started discussing cars I owned and there were some doubters (which is fine). I was told by this one forum moderator that I was certainly welcome on their site but if I talked specifically about cars I own, I had to produce 'verification' photos to prove my ownership. They even shut down my thread until I provided the pics to them!

Here are the pics of the cars I had back in early 2006 along with the owner's manuals and car keys. It did take me a day or two to do all this stuff but it was well worth it. Since March of 2006, I've had 122,328 hits on my thread and 1,193 replies. I've also met tons of really nice car crazy people from all over the world to talk to about their cars and mine! Magwheel

p.s. I tried to post pics of the cars and plates BUT it said I already posted them in my early post this year titled 'I Took a SLR For a Test Ride'. So if you want to see those pics, look here (about halfway down the page): https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=slr+test+ride I was able to post one pic here of the Lamborghinis with their manuals and plates!
Attached Thumbnails 2 Black Series at the House-gallardo-murcielago-manuals-keys-8.5-x-11-copy.jpg  
Old 09-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550

I'm with you on that one too.

If he has a camera to take pics of the 'invoice' and 'returned deposit' then he could EASILY take out his manual and keys, plop them ont eh back of the car and take pics.

until that happens
Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Thanks for the info, great stuff you guys are developing !!
Thanks, more to come.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
Originally Posted by LZH
Not even close...As it happens, I spent last Wed at Willow on Streets and the big track. Best time on Streets (running back bowl config) was a 1:18, best time on the big track was a 1:30. The 997s couldn't touch those times. It was also very hot and the power was WAY DOWN on the Black Series - I would say it wasn't making over 420hp, max. These 63 motors have a tough time dealing with heat as it relates to intake manifold temps, the intake just turns into a big heat sink. On a nice cool winter day, I could pick up at least 3-5 seconds per lap.
Some thoughts about the Black Series after a day at the track. AMG has built a real winner, but it is by no means a "track car" as many have suggested. Its simply too heavy. However, in stock form, it can easily be driven to the track, run all day, and driven home if you so choose. Personally, the car is too nice for the track. It can do it, but its more fun on the street.
What makes the car is the handeling, suspension and brakes. They are all phenomenal and from what I understand the way the car comes from the factory is the setup they used to turn a 7:45 at the ring. The steering is good, but a bit numb...Its very quick and responsive but I would like to have a bit more feedback. My only other complaint is the small tach offset to the right. The shift indicator in the middle of the speedo is nice, but I would have liked a different guage layout with the tach right in the middle. Other than that, I agree that a GT3rs would be a better track car, no doubt. But the Porsche suffers around town where the Black series really shines. And thats exactly why I bought this car - to really enjoy on the streets and maybe the track once or twice a year. But, for me, I'd rather drive a real race car on the track and save the Black series for the street.
There was a Heffner Gallardo on the track with me - 800hp...THe Black Series kept up with it no prob - except for the straights where the Lambo pulled away fast...but as soon as a turn approached the Black Series was all over it, especially in the turns where the Lambo just couldnt put the power to good use. The Lambo also had a very tough time with the heat...5-10 laps was all it could run before the water temp skyrocketed into the red, sidelining it until the the temp dropped.
A few pics at the track then at the shop changing engine oil/filter, brake fluid and rear dif fluid -

Did you happen to get any drive-by videos?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by Fantasm
Did you happen to get any drive-by videos?
Unfortunatly, no...Sorry, I was so excited to get on the track I forgot I had my camera that takes pretty decent videos. I'll try to get a drive by/sound clip and post it soon.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
For the love of God, it is at Prestige right now being finished up. A new clutch was installed and we are waiting for the tie rod end. Wednesday I am suppose to pick it up. Do you want me to take a pick of the A4 loaner car I'm driving that say Prestige Imports on it LOL... I am going out of town for a few days and will resume this nonsense on Wednesday. I will return with a pic, a vid, and whatever you fools request. I then want an apology from everyone that bashed me........
Please don't come back.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:09 PM
LZH
Banned

Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Please don't come back.
+1
Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 PM

GT3
What, now that I proved so many wrong I'm not welcome. Too bad. I'm here to stay and browse freely whether you like it or not. Sorry I hurt so many feelings The truth hurts sometimes. As for On Topic and courtesy to the thread originator. The BS looks great in black and someone should jump on the opportunity if it's still available. I went and looked at one in Pompano while I was browsing at E63's. It was sold and beautiful-Anyone here???

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 09-11-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by LZH
The heat at WSIR can surely zap power, but most forget that the altitude is 2500 ft which affects N/A engines approx 8-10%. Turbo porsche's loose nothing at altitude and become very potent like most forced induction motors. If this car ran a 7:45 reported by C&D and a sub 7:50 by AMG's offical time it'll do 1:32's at WSIR with good conditons. BTW, for a street car, smog legal that's fast!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:55 PM
LZH
Banned

The heat at WSIR can surely zap power, but most forget that the altitude is 2500 ft which affects N/A engines approx 8-10%. Turbo porsche's loose nothing at altitude and become very potent like most forced induction motors. If this car ran a 7:45 reported by C&D and a sub 7:50 by AMG's offical time it'll do 1:32's at WSIR with good conditons. BTW, for a street car, smog legal that's fast!
Indeed - you are correct on each point made above. And yes, for a street/smog legal car, it is very very fast...Again, the R compounds help a bunch to carry speed, and this car is just setup so well its a pleasure and very easy to drive quickly.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
wow, finally a person that understands atmosphere and altitude. Yep sixty threes will suffer at 2500 feet plus temp.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 AM

SR22
yeah. talk about a pleasant atmosphere. i had to wade thru all that garbage to finally hear about this car from a serious poster, thanks LZH.

i am between a normal gt3, a gt3rs, and the BS. mostly a daily driver. this car might see the track once or twice a year, it is too nice.

how is downshifting, does it rev match? i hear you have to manually blip it yourself...im driving a Z06 right now and its getting boring...fast, but too rough around the edges.

so, get the BS?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by flyingphish
yeah. talk about a pleasant atmosphere. i had to wade thru all that garbage to finally hear about this car from a serious poster, thanks LZH.

i am between a normal gt3, a gt3rs, and the BS. mostly a daily driver. this car might see the track once or twice a year, it is too nice.

how is downshifting, does it rev match? i hear you have to manually blip it yourself...im driving a Z06 right now and its getting boring...fast, but too rough around the edges.

so, get the BS?
I think you WOULD LOVE this nible comfy car, check out the other thread about some extensive AMG driving in Germany...Jim Brady is the Author, great read. LZR is a serious BS guy as well
Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 PM

SR22
i like the sounds of nimble and comfy.

ive had a bunch of pcars, just looking for something different.

the 430 is what i really want, but it is not a daily driver.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM

Choices

I had a 997 GT3 (regret selling it)

I have a 997 GT3 RS

I have an F430 Spyder

And I have a CLK63 BS (would regret selling it, too)

My other cars, well they are not relevant.

The BS gives nothing away, to its competitors and it is the most practical daily driver; it is a lot of fun. If you figure out the use for the car the choice will become obvious.

The BS will be a success, there are only 350, and as the the word filters out the demand will grow. It is a bad boy car ( a real muscle car).

Incidentally, the 997 GT3 suffered the same initial fate by the naysayers, (Sunroof, blah, blah blah), now try to find one.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 AM

SR22
fick you are a bad influence. id like to have one of each. that would solve everything. but i have two babies, building a house etc...trying to downsize. for now i need just one bad boy car like you say, and a 4 door pick up.

the BS/gt3 would be for running errands, going to work, hauling *** to monterrey/golf...etc...i live in the SF bay area so 280, 101, 85, 880, 680 i am always on and there are plenty of places to get your goat on.

my Z06 is not up to the task anymore. plenty fast/handling/brakes...awesome. buts its just another chevy. the interior, the seats, forget it. its hot in the summer, anything over 80F and you have to run the A/C or your legs cook. i love the car.

the euro hot-rods are just a bit more civilized. problem is finding one thatll keep up with this beast.

couple questions.

1. auto tranny. is it ok guys? tell me. this is the hardest thing for me to swallow. i would much rather have an SMG unit that matches revs. i have a 2005 E55. if the BS shifts like it does, then i may not be happy.

if you are going deep and hard on brakes, few clicks of the paddle, what happens? will the tranny just downshift without matching revs? if so thatll be funky, i mean, its a race car right.

2. what about the new c class body. will the BS show up next year wearing a new suit. its 350 cars and thats it. i know that question cant be answered.

and yes, the dreaded sunroof. ive never seen so many guys get their panties in a bunch. we take what they give us and we like it and ask for more.

Last edited by flyingphish; 10-11-2007 at 12:59 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Black Series at the House