CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

2 Black Series at the House

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I dont doubt cars are being given back but that does not affect the dealership after the financing is placed in the hand of the lender. Once the lender accepts the package the dealership is out of the question unless they were fraudulent in the data provided in the package.

So why would the 44 cars taken back have anything to do with new sales. Assuming the story is correct they are just trying to make more money in the deal by pulling the sheets over your head.

Fletcher sounds pretty dishonest assuming this is all true because the lender sets the rules not the dealership Now if these new regulations were lender imposed that would be a total different story but I know that is not the case.
Exactly. Dealers have unwinds, banks have repo's. The dealer sets the parameters of the contract (rate, term, price, etc.) and the bank approves it. If Fletcher cant get the deal down as is or conditionally they will unwind the deal unless they failed to send a 10 day letter (retail only) and in that case they own it. But if they have 44 unwinds at 100k or higher then they have a serious serious issue with who is rolling these units.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Germancar1
I'm surprised some here think such a limited production car will drop 80K off MSRP in a year with a few miles. I can't see that with only 350 of them coming here, unless Mercedes gets greedy and greatly exceeds that number. I doubt there will even be a 2009 model. I think prices will hold on this particular AMG.

M
Honestly it comes down to demand and I dont think the market demands this car. Before they even hit the land, 4-8 cars hit the netstar list as being given up by the dealership who had that vehicle in their allocation. Now there are 38 unsold cars (as of wednesday) siting in the west coast region and 110 cars in the near future.

So if the car were to be a valuable item they would vanish from showrooms the day they arrived and people would be glad to own them. Instead we see them sitting around and as normal the dealerships in southern California are trying to create artificial hype to make the car seem valuable. They wont get 190k for these cars. They will be lucky to get sticker.

So the minute you have a C63 P30 package with the same engine, trans, and front suspension siting there for 70k who in the world will buy a CLK63 BS for nearly 2x the money? Plus there is a cheaper BS version of the C63 coming as well. And that car is based on a new chassis not one that has been out since 2001.

MB once again brought out a great car at the wrong time and they will pay a price for it. Like the S/CL65 from 2005/2006 this car is a great vehicle but the timing is all wrong.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by Vic55
Exactly. Dealers have unwinds, banks have repo's. The dealer sets the parameters of the contract (rate, term, price, etc.) and the bank approves it. If Fletcher cant get the deal down as is or conditionally they will unwind the deal unless they failed to send a 10 day letter (retail only) and in that case they own it. But if they have 44 unwinds at 100k or higher then they have a serious serious issue with who is rolling these units.
Well said. If there were 44 unwinds at that dealership the Finance manager best start looking for a new job. Unwinds do happen but you can put cars into people hands and just pray bad credit can still get financed.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:02 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition

So the minute you have a C63 P30 package with the same engine, trans, and front suspension siting there for 70k who in the world will buy a CLK63 BS for nearly 2x the money? Plus there is a cheaper BS version of the C63 coming as well. And that car is based on a new chassis not one that has been out since 2001.
The C63 WILL NOT have the same suspension as the BS, the only thing it will share with the BS is the front axle. It will have the same motor, that is de-tuned. You are very uninformed if you think the C63 will be anything close to the BS. As far as its future value....only time will tell and all the hot air being spouted is simply prognostication. For those of you that feel its overpriced, 2 words - DRIVE ONE.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by LZH
The C63 WILL NOT have the same suspension as the BS, the only thing it will share with the BS is the front axle. It will have the same motor, that is de-tuned. You are very uninformed if you think the C63 will be anything close to the BS. As far as its future value....only time will tell and all the hot air being spouted is simply prognostication. For those of you that feel its overpriced, 2 words - DRIVE ONE.
I never said same suspension but its the same basic geometry and thats a good thing as the W203/W209 front end leave a lot to be desired as far as performance driving.

If the C63 is 85% of a CLK BS and costs 1/2 the price I give it the award as being the better package. A little work on a C63 will make it very close and at that point this distinction is very blurred.

I like th CLK but I am just saying this car is not going to be the first amg to hold its value and be ultra rare. I am a racing guy at heart and love the idea of a MB track car but for the money I start thinking GT3 RS.

What I want to see is a lap time from a CLK BS at the big track at will (and the streets as well). That will tell me how great of a car it is. I dont see it being that much quicker than a 1:33-1:34 but I know we will know soon.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by LZH
I see you have a 997s. I would love to see the CLK vs the 997S both running equal R-comp tires.

I would be one to say the 997s will be right there with the MB.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:21 PM

08 clk63 amg black series
i bought one last weekend while i was writing my frustration with fletcher, laguna called me and said they had 3 available asking 50k over sticker white, silver, black the general manager pat bolter told a salesman to call me paul brown and i went and test drove one and turned to sold, so husk can call bs all he wants wait until i send a pic of me standing next to it driving it and flipping the bird to husky. no poser here, i just sent a link of me with one of my other cars that i collect at the la auto show back in 04 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/458364
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
I like th CLK but I am just saying this car is not going to be the first amg to hold its value and be ultra rare. I am a racing guy at heart and love the idea of a MB track car but for the money I start thinking GT3 RS.
CynCarvin32, I hope you realize at the present time there is at least a $20-30 thousand difference in price because the 997 GT3RS is still selling way over sticker. And that's for one that is not heavily loaded with options.

The one I bought had a MSRP of $152,700 and then I got nailed for the over the MSRP additional 'Greenbacks'! Magwheel
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 PM

Talking To Pose or Not to Pose.... that is the question!

Originally Posted by spifffs
i bought one last weekend while i was writing my frustration with fletcher, laguna called me and said they had 3 available asking 50k over sticker white, silver, black the general manager pat bolter told a salesman to call me paul brown and i went and test drove one and turned to sold, so husk can call bs all he wants wait until i send a pic of me standing next to it driving it and flipping the bird to husky. no poser here, i just sent a link of me with one of my other cars that i collect at the la auto show back in 04 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/458364
spifffs, Why don't you just do what I had to do on another car web forum to prove that I wasn't a 'poser'? Just post a pic of yourself next to the BS at your home, holding the key to the CLK AMG with the owner's manual in your other hand. This way no one can argue or doubt you anymore! See how easy it is? Magwheel

p.s. I find it ridiculous that you say you paid $50,000 OVER MSRP. Tons of guys here say they be had at MSRP or very slightly over. It seems to me that either you have Bill Gates money or you didn't even try to search for a decent price or well...... I won't say what else I'm thinking!

Last edited by magwheel; 09-07-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
The interesting part is that Vic calls him out, spiffy complains about 10k extra and then purchases one for appearently more than that after throwing a fit and explaining his finacials. Not only that but he was trying to scam MBW members in this post here; link.

For some odd reason this reminds me of the NOTKTS character that used to frequent the forums.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Paying over MSRP = retarded.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:15 AM

08 clk63 amg black series
i guess i didnt make myself clear, let me straighten this out and ill do what magweel says, even though i shouldnt, but i bought the car at MSRP it was going for 50k over "asking" well i know the owners of laguna niguel jeff and penny spellens who introduced me to thier manager pat i went in and bought the car for MSRP SOLD DONE END OF STORY!!! and check out the other posts. the guy who called me a poser and liar actually knows me and is best friends with the guy who shaved and painted my shelby durango http://www.cardomain.com/ride/458364
that thing runs a 12.9 quarter mile w/o slicks,
Old 09-08-2007, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
i guess i didnt make myself clear, let me straighten this out and ill do what magweel says, even though i shouldnt, but i bought the car at MSRP it was going for 50k over "asking" well i know the owners of laguna niguel jeff and penny spellens who introduced me to thier manager pat i went in and bought the car for MSRP SOLD DONE END OF STORY!!! and check out the other posts. the guy who called me a poser and liar actually knows me and is best friends with the guy who shaved and painted my shelby durango http://www.cardomain.com/ride/458364

Lets see some pics of your CLK BS.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:14 AM

Tesla Roadster Sport
Here is a thought instead of posting pics of your durango, why don't you go outside and snap some pics of your CLK BS and post it here. It will take 5 minutes or less.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 AM

i guess i didnt make myself clear, let me straighten this out and ill do what magweel says, even though i shouldnt, but i bought the car at MSRP it was going for 50k over "asking" well i know the owners of laguna niguel jeff and penny spellens who introduced me to thier manager pat i went in and bought the car for MSRP SOLD DONE END OF STORY!!!
spifffs, What do you mean "even though i shouldnt"??? I would think you or anyone else who owns a BS would be proud and more than happy to show everyone pics of just how lucky you (or they) are to be able 'to own a CLK BS'.

And as far as $50,000 off the 'asking price', that's amazing in itself! I know a ton of car dealership owners real well and never once did I have one offer or was I able to negotiate one to knock $50,000 off the 'asking price' of any car I was interested in. You must REALLY be 'excellent friends' of the owners. Magwheel
Old 09-08-2007, 06:36 AM

Looking to buy a Benz
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Lets see some pics of your CLK BS.
+1
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by Vic55
So how is it that you raced Red Mongoose in his jeep if you didnt take delivery of the car? Your post is today but Red Mongoose raced a Black on 09/04 that you claim was yours??? You have been called out on another thread by Husk323 and I hope you are not a poser cause we dont need that crap here:

Red Mongoose races a BS on 09/04
Spiffs is the new ClayJ...BS to the max.

Also mandatory 50% down on a lease at FJ ?? ......Ban this guy before he confuses noobs with his utter nonsense.

Last edited by CY; 09-08-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
I'm probably going to get flogged for this but who pays over MSRP for a car?
And is charging above list common with dealerships? That is such a self defeating strategy (penny wise pound foolish). I would never buy from a car dealer that charged above list.
And on another point. Are there extra CLK63 BS sitting around unsold? I have one on order and the build date isn't until October (November delivery?). And I live in Fargo so winter delivery sucks. Can you say "wait until April" or "rev it in your garage"?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Spiffs,
Maybe I missed something. If you KNOW Jeff & Penny Spellens, why would you order a car from Fletcher? You mention you test drove one at Fletcher and then one at Laguna. Tell me it was the Black one on the floor.
BTW, this is a great chance for a photo opportunity.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by magwheel
spifffs, What do you mean "even though i shouldnt"??? I would think you or anyone else who owns a BS would be proud and more than happy to show everyone pics of just how lucky you (or they) are to be able 'to own a CLK BS'.

And as far as $50,000 off the 'asking price', that's amazing in itself! I know a ton of car dealership owners real well and never once did I have one offer or was I able to negotiate one to knock $50,000 off the 'asking price' of any car I was interested in. You must REALLY be 'excellent friends' of the owners. Magwheel
Maybe you suck at negotiating?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Banned

'06 ML500 w/Apperance pkg & '07 SL550 w/AMG pkg
Man!!! This thread has taken a life all it own!! LOL!!! BTW, we still have the black one on the showroom floor, if anyone is interested.....
Old 09-09-2007, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Stiggs
Maybe you suck at negotiating?
Hmmmmm...., I guess that's not really true.... now is it? When I decided to buy my CLK63AMG BS, I negotiated with the dealer before I even chose the color of the car. Since they said they would like to gain me as a present and future customer, the GM offered me $500 OFF the MSRP! And if I've been reading all the posts right, I haven't seen where anyone else was able to do any better deal than the window sticker price.

Since apparently you're a self-proclaimed master negotiator and would never pay over window sticker and anyone who does is a complete idiot, why don't you tell us how much you paid for your CLK BS? Ohhhh..... that's right.... you DON'T have one...... now do you? Magwheel
Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by magwheel
Hmmmmm...., I guess that's not really true.... now is it? When I decided to buy my CLK63AMG BS, I negotiated with the dealer before I even chose the color of the car. Since they said they would like to gain me as a present and future customer, the GM offered me $500 OFF the MSRP! And if I've been reading all the posts right, I haven't seen where anyone else was able to do any better deal than the window sticker price.

Since apparently you're a self-proclaimed master negotiator and would never pay over window sticker and anyone who does is a complete idiot, why don't you tell us how much you paid for your CLK BS? Ohhhh..... that's right.... you DON'T have one...... now do you? Magwheel
OK..you got me. You're king of the internet now.

I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you paid over sticker for your BS not $500 under MSRP. Maybe you were talking about the GT3-RS over sticker? If thats correct then I take it back. You don't suck at negotiating.

No matter how many high end cars you own, if you act like a Douche then a Douche you are. Just remmeber that.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by MarcusBenz
Man!!! This thread has taken a life all it own!! LOL!!! BTW, we still have the black one on the showroom floor, if anyone is interested.....
How much over MSRP are you raping people on that one?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Stiggs

No matter how many high end cars you own, if you act like a Douche then a Douche you are. Just remmeber that.
Out of line on that one are you not?

Magwheel is one of the more laid back non arrogant people on this board.I think you got Spiffs and Magwheel mixed up on you original quote,quoting the wrong person.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 Black Series at the House