CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Thinking Of Selling My Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi RS4
Thinking Of Selling My Black

Hello Gents, as the title states, I am thinking of selling my Black Series. Prices seem to be all over the place so its hard to know what is realistic.

Some background on my car, its Black/Black bought it new from MB Eldorado Hills this past July. So warranty has essentially 4 years remaining. Only option is the IPod Integration. Car has never been tracked, wrecked or dented. In fact its never really been driven!

It currently has 107 miles on it, never registered and financed thru MB Financial.

Thoughts?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by blkseriesmk
Hello Gents, as the title states, I am thinking of selling my Black Series. Prices seem to be all over the place so its hard to know what is realistic.

Some background on my car, its Black/Black bought it new from MB Eldorado Hills this past July. So warranty has essentially 4 years remaining. Only option is the IPod Integration. Car has never been tracked, wrecked or dented. In fact its never really been driven!

It currently has 107 miles on it, never registered and financed thru MB Financial.

Thoughts?
Invariably someone is going to ask...

Why sell? Is it not what you expected?

Good luck with sale and post pics to help motivate some possible buyers...
Old 09-16-2009, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
... Car has never been tracked, ...
Thoughts?
My thought is, that's probably why you're selling it!
Good luck, hope you get your price.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As what AMGfan had asked. Why are you selling it? Do you not like it or what was the reason?

For something with that mileage i'd gues around $109ish give or take?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM

Audi RS4
Thanks guys. There really isn't a proper answer other than its been a garage queen that I pay monthly for. I have a a 5 month old daughter and yes I knew there wasn't a back seat but I never realized the inconvenience. I drop off my wife at work, my daughter comes, I pick up my wife, my daughter comes, etc, etc. So, I guess, what's the point?

Car is awesome though! I like looking at it and starting it up. I think short of a Ferrari, nothing sounds better!
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Thanks guys. There really isn't a proper answer other than its been a garage queen that I pay monthly for. I have a a 5 month old daughter and yes I knew there wasn't a back seat but I never realized the inconvenience. I drop off my wife at work, my daughter comes, I pick up my wife, my daughter comes, etc, etc. So, I guess, what's the point?

Car is awesome though! I like looking at it and starting it up. I think short of a Ferrari, nothing sounds better!
I say fabricate a bada** car seat for her in the back of the black series. That is probably a lot less than the money you may lose on the resale.

On a more serious tip, good luck with the sale.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 PM

Audi RS4
What do you guys think? $89k?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 PM

2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
Sold mine yesterday

I finally sold my CLK63 Black blk/blk for low 80s. I think that in the end, the car is worth more but I too have 3 kids, a porsche turbo cab that is new and so on. I just didn't want to have to wait. Cash in the bank now, cash is king.

Best,

L.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM

Audi RS4
Originally Posted by Learso
I finally sold my CLK63 Black blk/blk for low 80s. I think that in the end, the car is worth more but I too have 3 kids, a porsche turbo cab that is new and so on. I just didn't want to have to wait. Cash in the bank now, cash is king.

Best,

L.
May I ask how many miles you had when you sold?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:40 PM

Wow

Considering the exceptionally Low miles and first owner, I would definitely say start in the high 90's and work your own number from there. Additionally the warranty is probably one of the longer ones out currently, since most have hit or are beginning to hit the 2 year marker.

Anyhow Im still waiting for my price range and also need a dealer potentially to do a trade in unless my own car sells.

GLWS either way!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
What do you guys think? $89k?
Depends on how fast you want to sell it? If you're in a hurry that would be the absolute minimum and if you want to maximize the sell price I would start in the high $90k's. You can always go down........

Learso's car had ~2k miles if I remember correctly and he wanted to sell fast.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by JamE55
As what AMGfan had asked. Why are you selling it? Do you not like it or what was the reason?

For something with that mileage i'd gues around $109ish give or take?
Too high even with low miles.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Banned

AMGs
I'd be all over it if it was white. GLWS.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:40 PM

WHT BS
Originally Posted by Vic55
Unfortunately i would have to agree that 109K is going to be too high. You will have more of a chance selling it in the low to mid 90's if you are lucky. The car seat thing is probably the best solution, unless you dont care about taking a hit on the car. Either way, I wish you good luck.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally Posted by Vic55
Originally Posted by Eitan1
Unfortunately i would have to agree that 109K is going to be too high. You will have more of a chance selling it in the low to mid 90's if you are lucky. The car seat thing is probably the best solution, unless you dont care about taking a hit on the car. Either way, I wish you good luck.
Doesn't surprise me. When it first came out it was listed at $138k. Now you can have one for around $80-90ish.

I'm thinking the SL65 BS will be doing the same. Infact i saw one on i think it's e-bay for around $248k with a thousand miles or so.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM

2009 GL450, 2009 G55 Mocha Black with Cognac Interior, 08 911 Turbo Cab, 08 CLK63 Black Series
My car had 2250 actually and yes, i did want to sell it fast. My advise to you if you don't have the rush is to price it at $93K and see how it goes. The price is a fair price and I would say is on the higher range of the "fair price" for that car. You can always reduce the price if you get no nibbles, but it gets a bit trickier to increase it fi you find it you posted it too cheap.

Driving my 09 G55 AMG now, love it. I just wonder if I will miss having my CLK63 BS....hey, now I know who to call!

Good luck,

Learso

Last edited by Learso; 09-17-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:18 PM

Audi RS4
Thanks for all the feedback gentleman. I will start at an asking price in the 90's. How has the classifieds on this forum worked for any of you?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Thanks for all the feedback gentleman. I will start at an asking price in the 90's. How has the classifieds on this forum worked for any of you?
Put it everywhere you can place a free ad! Here, Teamspeed, 6speed..... You probably won't get much action (serious buyers that is....) from the forum classifieds as most here/there will want to steal it from you and tell you your asking price is nuts! You're likely to sell it to someone who is NOT a regular participant on the web forums...... To do that, put it on autotrader.com, cars.com and run some ebay auctions (you're going to get LOTS of low ball offers here too - ask me how I know?) as eBay is GREAT advertising. Start high b/c whatever price you start at is what serious buyers are going to base offers from.... GLWS
Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 PM

Public Transportation
90's is unrealistic. A new BS can be bought for 100k. I would start at 89 and hope for mid 80's.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
Originally Posted by forhamilton
90's is unrealistic. A new BS can be bought for 100k. I would start at 89 and hope for mid 80's.
With all due respect, you should also mention that you are looking to buy a Black Series albeit white so your opinion of value might be a bit biased? This IS virtually a new car in terms of miles and warranty.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:44 AM

From my understanding...

These cars, even in black in color, are wholesaling for low to mid 80's. So retail will be very near that for some dealers, and higher for others. Not accounting for one or two individual ones that a priced on he lower end of he market.

Oddly prices have gone up instead of steadily coming down more. It is really different from a few months back, when you did see a good amount that could be had in the very high 70's to near or at 80k.

If we wait into winter, I am positive prices will come down as people try to unload them. Regardless, its an awesome vehicle and if money truly is no issue for you spend the extra thousands to get into the right color/mileage/warranty that suits you.

Unfortunately for me, I need t work a price budget and will have to wait for the right PRICED one.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 AM

Public Transportation
An individual will never be able to get what a good retailer can. That being said, I would expect dealer to realistically price this at 93.9 or 94.9 and unload it for high 80's. This car even with the miles is still worth only 6 or 7 k more than a used one.

A dealer in Cali just sold the white one I was looking at for 83.5 k with 6k miles and this included CPO. Black ones with under 10k miles should go for high 70's.

Originally Posted by chuck z
With all due respect, you should also mention that you are looking to buy a Black Series albeit white so your opinion of value might be a bit biased? This IS virtually a new car in terms of miles and warranty.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 AM

LS430
Looks like someone needs an AMG Sedan to fill the void of seating and space. Good luck with moving the BS.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 SL55
An individual will never be able to get what a good retailer can. That being said, I would expect dealer to realistically price this at 93.9 or 94.9 and unload it for high 80's. This car even with the miles is still worth only 6 or 7 k more than a used one.

A dealer in Cali just sold the white one I was looking at for 83.5 k with 6k miles and this included CPO. Black ones with under 10k miles should go for high 70's.
I completely disagree with your first comment. I have bought and sold a whole bunch of cars (60+) in the last 15 years and ALWAYS sell them for what dealers do or more. That whole thing about dealer retail vs private party in most cases in bunk and any private party seller that buys into it leaves $ on the table especially if the car is up to date on maintenance and cosmetically in great shape. It's more about miles and condition rather than who's selling it. An example of this would be the 2005 E55 wagon we just bought. Bought it from a MB dealer who basically did nothing but detail the car and sell it. It was really no different than buying from a private party and I didn't pay more than I should have for the privilege of buying it from a dealer. The dealer vs. private party sale is probably proliferated by dealer associations to prop up prices for the membership? I especially disagree with it when it comes to limited production cars such as the BS. Personally, I'd rather buy a car from the owner b/c they can tell you about their ownership, how the car was cared for and history where a dealer will just shrug their shoulders and say "I don't know....". Of course you always risk someone (dealer or private party) taking it for one last "spin" in dyno mode and beatin the dog snot out of it....... Will buyers try and use it against sellers? Absolutely. Of course ultimately the final price will be determined by buyer and seller and how badly the other wants what the other has....

So if this car is worth $6-7k more then a realistic price would be $95-96k? That I agree with.

How long was the CPO warranty on the white car? 1 year? Why didn't you buy it? Frankly, I wouldn't want to pay the bump in $ for any CPO warranty, instead, I would buy an aftermarket warranty that will be much longer in term and cost about the same as the dealer is going to charge you for the CPO. I didn't want to pay the $4k the dealer wanted for the 2 yr CPO on the E55 so we bought a 5 year 70k mile Chrysler warranty for $3.2k.

I hope you get a BS and stick around after you do as I love to watch how opinions on price/value change AFTER someone buys one. Right Todd? This topic comes up a lot and buyers post the same sort of thing and owners post the same sort of thing......
Old 09-18-2009, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT

A dealer in Cali just sold the white one I was looking at for 83.5 k with 6k miles and this included CPO. ...
Did you just miss it or do you have lower numbers in mind? That seems really attractive to me.

I agree with Chuck on the CPO, it's not worth the 3k +/- that they're adding to the price.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking Of Selling My Black