CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
I can see you have no idea about down pipes...here is a link that hopefully will educate you and your friend Ecambell as to what downpipes are and about HP gains (and not power loss) with open downpipes...

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Downpipes/index.php

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-gen...down-pipe.html

In any case, I get the point....the moment you said that I run OEM exhaust I can tell that you know nothing about exhaust... I am not surprised of you...but I am indeed surprised of Ecambell not knowing that open downpipes produce HP gains... Then again...I am not here to conveince you otherwise. Like I said... I can tell...you have already made up your minds regardless....and that's ok. I careless what you think... One thing I know is Open downpipes do give you HP gains...I know cause I feel it on the road. I guess you don't believe that either... I feel like I am beating a dead horse. Oh well...forget it...what's the point.
You feel it on the road ??

Based on the links you provided above I can see why it is so difficult to have a conversation with you. Spend a lot of time on the Mitsu forums do you?? LOL

When do you plan on having your car dyno'd ? I am very interested to see the results. However, I can almost guarantee you will have less power than stock and either 1.lie about the dyno results, 2.not post the actual dyno graph, 3.never post about the results.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
**** you are thick. First - stop spouting theory as you don't have the real life experience with these cars to know what is relevant.

For the last time, an open exhaust DOES produce gains when you have a tuned ECU to match which is exactly what I race with. You DO NOT have a tuned ECU and you are actually losing power as a result. Why can't you understand this.

I offered to help but you but obviously didnt understand this.

No more posts from me as you evidently know more about a tuned exhaust set up than either me, the group that works on my car, and the dyno results they have achieved.

My parting words are that you dyno a car, make changes,, then dyno again to confirms your results. You have absolutely no baseline on your car to quantify any gains or losses as a result of the approach you have taken.

I know that rather then acknowledge my advice, you will tell me your right and that EVERYONE trying to help you here is wrong.

The last word is yours as in your opinion I obviously have no idea what I am talking about....But don't come to us when your car starts throwing exception codes and you go into partial limp mode.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:34 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell
I dislike GTR's but unfortunately our friends set up is VERY unlikely to be an match against any gtr off the show room floor.

Clk63...here is my serious offer to you. I like to help people with racing(there is another merc website where I have offered to finance people). Whilst I won't help finance your project, I will sit down with you and explain the importance of matching the electronics with modifications. This is not a 70's nova or trans am but a highly computerized piece of equipment. Making changes to the drivetrain without taking the ECU into account is just plane wrong.

You have spoken about theorical importance of things like torque (as I stated I have over 1,100 pounds of torque in my dually but it still runs a 14.5 second qtr mile and would be smoked by your car) which are fine in isolation but you fail to factor in other variable such as weight, gearing, usable power band.

As I previously stated, we are here to share and I am the first one to help but you are coming here with the attitude of how much you know (eg discussing about selling a diffuser) so people are going to immediately dismiss you.

Do you understand? Please do not respond today but think about the message and respond tomorrow.
I guess you must have missed the part on an earlier post within this thread where I noted I got smoked by a GTR. You guys need to start reading before you post your comments. I have no problem saying that I got smoked by other cars. GTR was one of them, and I already stated on this thread on an earlier post, which apparently you did not read before you drew your conclusion. As far as torque and weight...once again...I suggest you look at my previous post as I did note that weight can be a factor when all other things are equal. So, you drew another conclusion without reading what I already said. I am interested to hear of your ideas...like I said...we are all here to learn...and quite frankly most of my changes on my CLK Black were influenced in one way or another by another member in car forums...similar to that. I appreciate you wanting to shed some light into this issue, but I think you lost me the moment you insisted that open downpipes cause power loss. I give you credit for having a nice modded CLK Black though cause definately 10.4 is not nothing to sneeze on. As far as my attitude...I am not the one insulting others...when others take liberty to make innapropriate remarks on my thread...be rest assured...they'll get a taste of their medicine. If people want to dismiss my point of views...no problem there. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some of them seem to like going down the path of being desrespectful...and that's fine with me, cause in the end...(similarly with the guy about the open downpipes )...the only thing they accomplish...is make a complete full out of themselves...and in that case...please don't let me stop them.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
I feel sorry for attacking him but perhaps he will learn...
No hard feelings about sharing your opinion...I am not expecting people to have the same views I do. Life would be boring if it was that way. As long as the comments stay within a respectful tone...then we are all good. Like you said...we are all (well...at least most of us asides PaulDWZ...) here to learn from each other. So, no hard feelings...we are good. I take it as you are a mature guy...unlike the 16 year old kid who has a disrespectful tone on his comments and does not know what open downpipes are.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by fatmike
oh you must be turbo'd
On high boost!!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
You feel it on the road ??

Based on the links you provided above I can see why it is so difficult to have a conversation with you. Spend a lot of time on the Mitsu forums do you?? LOL

When do you plan on having your car dyno'd ? I am very interested to see the results. However, I can almost guarantee you will have less power than stock and either 1.lie about the dyno results, 2.not post the actual dyno graph, 3.never post about the results.
I have no need to lie about posting the dyno results. If I am wrong...I am wrong... Sometimes things...can go that way. What surprises me though...is your insisting on something you certainly have no knowledge about (i.e. open downpipes and HP gains)...yet you come back and note that I would lose HP because loss of back pressure??? Back presssure has always been debated as to being a necessary factor back and forth...in the end...what prevails...at least in racing cars...is always...open exhaust systems...and that's for good reasons... Like I said...once I get the chance to dyno...I will gladly post the results (copy of dyno, etc.). It is still amazing though...how I am telling you that I feel the difference in power yet...you without having any idea as to the term of downpipes...you are too quick to dismiss the claim. Oh well...what's the point. Like I said...I feel like I am beating a dead horse.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
**** you are thick. First - stop spouting theory as you don't have the real life experience with these cars to know what is relevant.

For the last time, an open exhaust DOES produce gains when you have a tuned ECU to match which is exactly what I race with. You DO NOT have a tuned ECU and you are actually losing power as a result. Why can't you understand this.

I offered to help but you but obviously didnt understand this.

No more posts from me as you evidently know more about a tuned exhaust set up than either me, the group that works on my car, and the dyno results they have achieved.

My parting words are that you dyno a car, make changes,, then dyno again to confirms your results. You have absolutely no baseline on your car to quantify any gains or losses as a result of the approach you have taken.

I know that rather then acknowledge my advice, you will tell me your right and that EVERYONE trying to help you here is wrong.

The last word is yours as in your opinion I obviously have no idea what I am talking about....But don't come to us when your car starts throwing exception codes and you go into partial limp mode.
Like I said...dyno results will follow once I get the chance. Open downpipes (no ECU tune) will still get you HP gains...and the dyno will prove just that... On the other hand...open downpipes and ECU tune...will get you greater HP gains... No rocket science.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-15-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM

CLK63BS
I feel sorry for attacking him but perhaps he will learn...
Or not

Could be a bizarre case of publicity-whoring, but reading those earlier posts about TopGear et. al. perhaps indicates something darker going on? I mean, this thread seems to illustrate ongoing interaction with a delusional sociopath and, frankly, we ought to be somewhat alarmed about others he's likely to injure, maim, or kill with that vehicle ~ the poster is exhibiting freakin' scary levels of self-absorbed arrogance and blind delusion ~ combine with high-speed (apparently on public roads) and out come the body-bags

Last edited by yarf; 05-15-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:28 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by yarf
Or not

Could be a bizarre case of publicity-whoring, but reading those earlier posts about TopGear et. al. perhaps indicates something darker going on? I mean, this thread seems to illustrate ongoing interaction with a delusional sociopath and, frankly, we ought to be somewhat alarmed about others he's likely to injure, maim, or kill with that vehicle ~ the poster is exhibiting freakin' scary levels of self-absorbed arrogance combined with blind delusion

LMAO!!! Me to injure others? I have no interest in doing so. I have a suggestion for you though...with words you are using on this post...it sounds like to me you are the sociopath!! I am just saying... You seem to be attacking my thread...using heavy words...yet I am the sociopath? This thread does not suck. What sucks is you and your lousy critisicm (rather lack of constructive critisism)!! Let me guess...you are 18 years old? If you take that sign"this thread sucks" and place it at the very top of your threads...you would be right on target. You are free to go back to counting beans... Let me know when you finish highschool...and how you did with your grades...

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-16-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Stop with the downpipes discussion. I have yet to see you address the tuning that MUST be performed to make the exhaust work. Fact without tuning the ECU you ARE losing power.

If you doubt my, ask any tuning company...any of them what you have down and then ask if you are making, more, less, or the same power.

Last edited by ecampbell; 05-15-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
Torque is not important in just taking off. Not enough torque will prevent your car from having a hard pull. As far as the weight 3731 vs 3660...can be easily justified. If I was on say 1/4 of gas tank, and he was on almost full...that accounts for the difference of say around 70 lbs. In any case, for some reason you and your friend Ecambell seem to be fixated on the Ti wheels. Here is something for you. Just those 10 lbs off of the unsprung weight due to those lighter wheels can account for upto the equevalant o 100 lbs off of the car's weight. if you call that insignificant then I don't know how else to convience you. For cars with similar torque figures (like the SLS) weight can become an issue and be a more significant factor. So, if you knew about unsprung weight...in theory due to much lighter wheels...that get me better traction as well, the CLK Black may be lighter than the 3660 lbs SLS (accounting for the benefits of upto X10 of those 10 lbs off of the wheels). There are a lot of theories as to how 1 lbs off of wheels can be anywhere between 6 to 10 times of that off of the weight on car. In other words, 1 lb off of the wheels may be as much as 10 lbs off of the car's weight from top. As far as the butt dyno...I wouldn't call the difference insignificant, cause I can feel the difference...like I said...the difference is noticable...the car pulls much harder compared to how it was in OEM with factory exhaust. I plan to dyno car in upcoming few weeks...just haven't had the chance. I believe the OEM dyno figures for the CLK Black are somewhere on this forum...so it makes no difference of my CLK Black before figures cause the before figures are same as any other OEM CLK Black. Whatever these figures are...I can compare and see how much these HP gains are. "Downplaying Ecambell"? I get the feeling that you like the feeling of belonging. I careless about it. I don't need people to support my posts to feel better. I like to defend myself and stand my own ground with my own words, and not hiding behind other's and referencing others' posts. I could have done the same with couple folks who agreed for most part with what I said as far as the F430 comparisons with the CLK Black. I chose not to...cause like I said...I don't need other's to defend my point of view. If he has the most modded CLK Black, good for him. I have no interest in putting his car down. Quite frankly I careless whether you believe what I said about smoking the other cars as I noted. No gain for me...whether you do believe or not. I am sure even if I had a video of smoking the F430...you would have found another excuse to dismiss the claim. I'll run the dyno in the upcoming days...and let's see if you are right as far as the difference being negligible or not.
Now you have Ti wheels? Never knew that TITANIUM wheels were ever made. And whats with the assumption that me and Ecampbell are friends? Never met the guy in my life, however I can definitely applaud him for his common sense, as well as the fact that hes proven to not only himself, but to a lot of people the true benefits that are obtainable with certain mods. I think you're getting a little butt hurt simply because you having more than 1 individual against you when you're clearly in the wrong. I never denied saying that your lighter than stock rims will benefit the car, but you continuously worded it as your 'ti nuts'; which apparently saved 10#'s per corner. With this I could at least agree with you on seeing as what you said is in fact true. But again, cutting out the exhaust most likely has robbed you of power. You don't have anything to back up those mechanical changes. Less back pressure, vacuum, etc., coupled with a stock ECU, it all has the opposite effect. Like I said, your butt dyno is simply telling you feel faster just because it is THAT much louder. You haven't done anything in terms of exhaust work, (yet), to have achieved any real gain. Had you left it all stock and simply removed primary/secondary cats, you could've gained a few hp.. along with some CEL's, but nevertheless. I'm not holding Ecampbell's nuts in any way.. (no pun intended), I simply brought up his name because he's obviously been there, AND done that. You can't understand the fact that he obviously knows a lot more than you, and when he offers advice and words of wisdom... again, in one ear, and out the other.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
CLK 63 Black,

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you at the Miami Tune day got to see you car first hand and it's beautiful, I was the Australian guy that came down with Jerry and Adam from Eurocharged if you remember ?? I was the one drooling over your car, so much so I sold my E55 today and I get my new Black series tomorrow !! so sfter seeing your car you made both Jerry and I go out and buy one LOL
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by AUS-E55
CLK 63 Black,

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you at the Miami Tune day got to see you car first hand and it's beautiful, I was the Australian guy that came down with Jerry and Adam from Eurocharged if you remember ?? I was the one drooling over your car, so much so I sold my E55 today and I get my new Black series tomorrow !! so sfter seeing your car you made both Jerry and I go out and buy one LOL
Yes I remember you!!! It was a pleasure meeting you as well. You, Jerry and the rest of the team were amazing!! I was very glad to be there along with my friend who also wanted to do a few upgrades as well, and see first hand the amazing work you guys do!!! Like I told you guys over there...I am definately doing my upgrades through you...particularly now that you and Jerry have also bought a CLK Black as well. Things I plan to do in near and long term...Long Tubes Tri-Y, ECU, and perhaps a few months after...doing the Weistec Supercharger. Got to save some money in the mean time. Once done with these items...I plan to trim an additional 300 lbs off of the car's existing 3731 curb weight, so hopefully I can get it down to around 3400. I have a few ideas in mind...and I am currenlty exploring and researching a little more on making sure it is done without compromising other areas. I am looking very forward to all of the work that you and Jerry would be doing on your cars, as I would definately be doing them on mine as well. Well...I'll be doing my upgrades in bits and pieces...cause money is not flowing as it should. In any case...I am looking forward to seeing you guys again!! Congratulations on the purchase of your CLK Black!! Excellent choice!! Cheers my friend!!

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-16-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Stop with the downpipes discussion. I have yet to see you address the tuning that MUST be performed to make the exhaust work. Fact without tuning the ECU you ARE losing power.

If you doubt my, ask any tuning company...any of them what you have down and then ask if you are making, more, less, or the same power.
Clk- have you had a chance to speak to eurocharged about this and the potential negative impact on your car?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:23 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Clk- have you had a chance to speak to eurocharged about this and the potential negative impact on your car?
Funny, I was going to ask the same question earlier but decided to give this trainwreck a rest.
CLK seems to think very highly of Jerry and EC. I wonder what he would think if Jerry were to give us his thoughts about what has been said in this thread LOL.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
What is also funny is that I can see he is currently active on this thread yet he has not responded.

Oh well.....
Old 05-16-2012, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
That's exactly what this thread should be about. Car enthusiasts having good old time!! I am up for it (asides the $10K best part)...and it has nothing to do with putting my money where my words are. I am not a fan of putting bets (particularly with money). That's just me. I will gladly put it to a test with an F430 anytime you wish. Just let me know. I live in North Miami area. What's the worse...that they would smoke my CLK Black. Hey...no harm with that... I guess it would be one for me...and one for the F430 (I call it even). We can do a run...say from 40MPH to 180MPH...and lets see how it goes. There are plenty places around South Florida...where I can suggest...one of them being...the Everglades abondoned airstrip (2 mile long). Yes? Like I said though...it has to be from moving...and not from stop...cause of the weight advantage issue...from stop...the F430 gains ground. Once we start from 40MPH though like I stated...all bets can be up... Lets see how it goes. What's the worse...I may pick up a few tips from your moded CLK Black so I can implement them on mine. At the end of the day...should be about learning and improving...
I've got $10k that says Earls car can run the 40-180 you claimed in less than half the time your car can run it in...
Old 05-16-2012, 04:54 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
What is also funny is that I can see he is currently active on this thread yet he has not responded.

Oh well.....
I'll try to keep it on the positive. I say that I picked up power (even if miniscule) by cutting cats, resonators and mufflers out of the exhaust system...you say that I lost power. Ok...fine. You are entitled to your opinion. We agree to disagree. Me feeling that the car pulls harder is enough to me to be pleased with it even if this HP increase is miniscule and just on the butt dyno. Same goes with me outruning the F430 on the highway...I noted that I did outrun one on the highway...you say that it is not possible. Ok...fine. You are entitled to your opinion. In any case, I am sure the ECU tune I am planning to do will account for all current exhaust changes and get me some more ponies. So, I don't worry about it, cause at the end I know I am better off with the ECU and open downpipes, as opposed to an ECU with any other exhaust setup that includes rear cats, resonators and/or mufflers (put Long Tubes asides for this instant...as I plan to do these as well). Like I said, I am more interested to get things done and I am certain that I am moving in the right direction as I noted in my very first post, with open downpipes (current setup)...Tri-Y Long Tubes, and an ECU remap...later on a Weistec SC...regardless someone agrees or not...and regardless whether my current exhaust is not up to par with someone's expectations. The way I see it...as long as I am pleased that's all that matters to me.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
I've got $10k that says Earls car can run the 40-180 you claimed in less than half the time your car can run it in...
Good for you. You got $10K. What's the point with that one? I guess you missed the part about me not being into betting. I careless about bets. I never said that I can outrun the guys' CLK Black anyways. Btw, do you really think that from 40 to 180 his car would do the time in less than half a time of any CLK Black? Really...you believe that? And that because he has a Weistec SC, Long Tubes, ECU, and a few more tricks under his sleeve. I hope this is just a joke...cause if you believe this statement...then I guess I am wasting my time responding on this post.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:08 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Good for you. You got $10K. What's the point with that one? I guess you missed the part about me not being into betting. I careless about bets. I never said that I can outrun the guys' CLK Black anyways. Btw, do you really think that from 40 to 180 his car would do the time in less than half a time of any CLK Black? Really...you believe that? And that because he has a Weistec SC, Long Tubes, ECU, and a few more tricks under his sleeve. I hope this is just a joke...cause if you believe this statement...then I guess I am wasting my time responding on this post.
Everything you are doing here is a waste of time

Go get that dyno sheet and post it up and show us all how much hp you gained from butchering your exhaust LOL
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Everything you are doing here is a waste of time

Go get that dyno sheet and post it up and show us all how much hp you gained from butchering your exhaust LOL
I am not even wasting my time with you...particularly since you didn't even know what open downpipes were and how they differ from the OEM CLK Black exhaust. Your statement that my open downpipes is the same set up as OEM CLK Exhaust summed it all up. I am resting it there with you. Feel free to post all you want. No need for me to waste my time responding to your posts. Good luck in your future endeavours!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
A few more tricks under my sleeve? Are you seriously that stupid? I have invested substantially more in aftermarket parts for my car than you paid for your entire car. My car has double the horsepower of yours and you call it tricks?

I tried to help you here and you put me off each time.

I hope you burn the exhaust valves out on you car because you were to stupid to reprogram the ECU to compensate for the loss of back pressure.

You are the biggest and most ungrateful joke on this forum.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
If you are so sure you are making more power, get the car on the dyno and if it is making more power I will pay for the dyno time. If on the other hand it is making less power, you pay the dyno time plus 200 for my troubles.

Your seat in the pants says you are making more power so what do you have to lose?

If you don't have the time to do this, call Jerry at EC and share with us what he says as far as power losses and potential damage you are doing to your car.

Last edited by ecampbell; 05-16-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
'03C32 Obsidian Black, '76Toyota Celica GT TRD, '12R350 4matic Arctic White, '06 ML 350 arctic white
Maybe his is a special edition CLK63
......in think I could hang with u guys coz I took off my secondary cats....not to mention I removed the spare = less weight
Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
If you are so sure you are making more power, get the car on the dyno and if it is making more power I will pay for the dyno time. If on the other hand it is making less power, you pay the dyno time plus 200 for my troubles.

Your seat in the pants says you are making more power so what do you have to lose?

If you don't have the time to do this, call Jerry at EC and share with us what he says as far as power losses and potential damage you are doing to your car.
No interest to post any dyno. This silly and dumb-founded conversation about you and the dyno figures for open downpipes and loss of power is over. I have no interest to carry it on any further. You can think anything you want. I don't need your $200. I am good. Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...