CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Why can't you admit or acknowledge the ECU needs to be tuned to the exhaust to complete your set up to make power? I have suggested you call ANY merc tuning house to confirm this but you spout off about the local midas muffler shop...so you declined on this as you know I am correct.

I have offered to dyno your car for free if it makes more power with the configuration you are in than a stock car....you know I am correct do you declined.

I have offered to give you 10k if you beat me in your car (with your wife in your car as well) to a STOCK F430....you know the truth and said you won't race for money.

I have called you out on three things now and each time you realize you hav been caught out.

Btw, is this your GTO? Go to you tube... akzgbabi9BA

Lastly, attitude issues...you refuse to take the advice from anyone because you know it all. I have never been to the south Africa golf club so have no idea what you are spouting off about. This isn't about money, it is about listening who have already going down the path you are starting.

You notice no one on this forum agrees with your statements about making more power?

Last edited by ecampbell; 05-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Why can't you admit or acknowledge the ECU needs to be tuned to the exhaust to complete your set up to make power? I have suggested you call ANY merc tuning house to confirm this but you spout off about the local midas muffler shop...so you declined on this as you know I am correct.

I have offered to dyno your car for free if it makes more power with the configuration you are in than a stock car....you know I am correct do you declined.

I have offered to give you 10k if you beat me in your car (with your wife in your car as well) to a STOCK F430....you know the truth and said you won't race for money.

I have called you out on three things now and each time you realize you hav been caught out.

Btw, is this your GTO? Go to you tube... akzgbabi9BA
Lastly, attitude issues...you refuse to take the advice from anyone because you know it all. I have never been to the south Africa golf club so have no idea what you are spouting off about. This isn't about money, it is about listening who have already going down the path you are starting.

You notice no one on this forum agrees with your statements about making more power?
i did agree and acknowledge you were correct about the ecu producing more hp. I never said you were wrong. I did say i was planning to do the ecu. As far as bets...i don't bet cause i got a family and don't have extra money to waste in stubbornness. Because i don't bet with you does not mean i am wrong. If you want to believe is impossible to outrun an f430 is your prerogative. I won't carry no more talks on this issue cause it makes no difference anyways. Like i said, i was planning to do an ecu to get more HP.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by CLK_63_Black
i did agree and acknowledge you were correct about the ecu producing more hp. I never said you were wrong. I did say i was planning to do the ecu. As far as bets...i don't bet cause i got a family and don't have extra money to waste in stubbornness. Because i don't bet with you does not mean i am wrong. If you want to believe is impossible to outrun an f430 is your prerogative. I won't carry no more talks on this issue cause it makes no difference anyways. Like i said, i was planning to do an ecu to get more HP.
Yet you own the ever so practical CLK BS with no rear seats ?
You have money for HRE rims, tires, TI lug bolts, Sparco seats, a hacked up exhaust and a diffuser that slows you down yet you don't have a couple hundred bucks for a bet ? LOL!!!!! So then I guess your BS is your "family" car ???
You don't want to bet anything because you will LOSE. You don't want to post any dynos because you will LOSE. You really are an idiot. Something tells me the "trailer park" and "16 year old" comments about you earlier in this thread are pretty damn accurate.
Thanks for the laughs.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Yet you own the ever so practical CLK BS with no rear seats ?
You have money for HRE rims, tires, TI lug bolts, Sparco seats, a hacked up exhaust and a diffuser that slows you down yet you don't have a couple hundred bucks for a bet ? LOL!!!!! So then I guess your BS is your "family" car ???
You don't want to bet anything because you will LOSE. You don't want to post any dynos because you will LOSE. You really are an idiot. Something tells me the "trailer park" and "16 year old" comments about you earlier in this thread are pretty damn accurate.
Thanks for the laughs.
With you...I've given up long time ago...you are the example I was referring earlier on my previous post about high school kids on this forum... I don't bet cause I don't have money to waste. I guess you have not gotten to reading as of yet at school. I don't post any dynos cause I careless what you think. Btw, did you figure out what's the difference between downpipes and OEM exhaust system or you are still working on it? Here...I got a math exercise for you...what does 1+1 equal? Take your time... Yeah right!!! I thought so. You can go back to your Nintendo now... Well...if I made you laugh...that's good...cause laughter is a good thing for all kids...and I don't want you to be left out. I am glad I was of help.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 PM

CLK63 Black Series
With you...I've given up long time ago...you are the example I was referring earlier on my previous post about high school kids on this forum... I don't bet cause I don't have money to waste. I guess you have not gotten to reading as of yet at school. I don't post any dynos cause I careless what you think. Btw, did you figure out what's the difference between downpipes and OEM exhaust system or you are still working on it? Here...I got a math exercise for you...what does 1+1 equal? Take your time... Yeah right!!! I thought so. You can go back to your Nintendo now... Well...if I made you laugh...that's good...cause laughter is a good thing for all kids...and I don't want you to be left out. I am glad I was of help.
Man you are dense. If you didn't have the money to waste then you wouldn't have been able to buy a CLK BS, wheels tires seats etc etc etc.

Let me spell it out for you. A Black Series in NOT A NECESSITY.

Or, perhaps you really don't have much disposable income and you're one of those idiots who buys sports cars instead of investing in his family, education, future, etc - sounds like that's really what's going on here. I actually kind of feel sorry for you.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Paul, I have stopped responding to him.

In all honestly I think he has a friend who is trying to guide him but unfortunately the friend is in over his head. If you think about it, the comment about 30 years exp in the muffler business says it all. The shop probably works on old domestic cars which don't even have an ECU to adjust the fuel and timing settings. The hatchet job on the exhaust is exactly what I would expect again, from a shop which has given him the advice. The shop could not even get the tube lengths correct to max the torque he keeps talking about.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 AM

CLK63BS, 2014 G63
Just because someone has a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari F430, 2008 Porsche 911 turbo or an SLS doesn't mean they know how to drive them. Not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement but lets be realistic, money doesn't buy skill...for the most part it masks it.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:46 AM

CLK63BS
Originally Posted by Rebellious_AMG
Just because someone has a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari F430, 2008 Porsche 911 turbo or an SLS doesn't mean they know how to drive them.
Absolutely

However, for those initial claims to make sense, it would follow that the OP is not one of those folks also? As a "Darwin Award" candidate he gets maximum points from me. As an experienced, coherent and capable wheel-man? Maybe stranger things have happened?

Honestly, if I were any of those supposed other drivers ~ the initial aural exposure to 110+db of that "everyone look at me right now!" exhaust job would be enough to immediately back away from any Premature Darwinian Entanglement and/or pending law-enforcement gatherings. Given time I'd probably pull alongside merely to see what moron was grinning wildly over such a SachaBaronCohen ghetto-rig, pretend to be awe-stricken and take his self-righteous photo. Perhaps that's what happened?

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement but lets be realistic, money doesn't buy skill...for the most part it masks it.
Seems like that "money" thing surfaced principally as part of the ongoing troll-style responses of the OP? You know how that goes: twist anything & everything around in order to deflect any potential of truth or reality seeping through? What you've identified isn't associated with the dubious nature of those initial claims so it appears somewhat moot in that context (if you don't mind me saying so); though I enthusiastically agree with your "skill" sentiment and can't imagine there's anyone here who wouldn't?

All that aside: what a miserable train-wreck of a thread. Squeaky-wheels always seem to get the oil, regardless of context.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Yarf, I couldn't agree more.

Why would someone want to hack the exhaust off so it is at the 100+ db level and then have their wife get in the car to take her out for dinner? At that level you couldn't even roll the windows down and talk to each other. In fact, you might not hear so well with the windows rolled up!

As stated, my clk makes twice the power of his yet is almost twice as quiet! Oh well, perhaps someone else in the trailer park did it so the need was felt to follow suit.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Just because someone has a Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari F430, 2008 Porsche 911 turbo or an SLS doesn't mean they know how to drive them. Not agreeing or disagreeing with your statement but lets be realistic, money doesn't buy skill...for the most part it masks it.
I agree with your statement. It is absolutely correct. I have noted on one of my earlier posts that if the driver does not know how to shift on time (driver factor)...it can make a difference.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
Man you are dense. If you didn't have the money to waste then you wouldn't have been able to buy a CLK BS, wheels tires seats etc etc etc.

Let me spell it out for you. A Black Series in NOT A NECESSITY.

Or, perhaps you really don't have much disposable income and you're one of those idiots who buys sports cars instead of investing in his family, education, future, etc - sounds like that's really what's going on here. I actually kind of feel sorry for you.
I gave up on you cause you are a big time dumb ***. You have no idea about what open downpipes are (to your opinion open downpipes are the same as OEM exhaust which is the biggest idiotic statement)...yet you choose to get into a debate about exhausts??? Here is my advise to you...stay in school.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-17-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by yarf
Absolutely

However, for those initial claims to make sense, it would follow that the OP is not one of those folks also? As a "Darwin Award" candidate he gets maximum points from me. As an experienced, coherent and capable wheel-man? Maybe stranger things have happened?

Honestly, if I were any of those supposed other drivers ~ the initial aural exposure to 110+db of that "everyone look at me right now!" exhaust job would be enough to immediately back away from any Premature Darwinian Entanglement and/or pending law-enforcement gatherings. Given time I'd probably pull alongside merely to see what moron was grinning wildly over such a SachaBaronCohen ghetto-rig, pretend to be awe-stricken and take his self-righteous photo. Perhaps that's what happened?

Seems like that "money" thing surfaced principally as part of the ongoing troll-style responses of the OP? You know how that goes: twist anything & everything around in order to deflect any potential of truth or reality seeping through? What you've identified isn't associated with the dubious nature of those initial claims so it appears somewhat moot in that context (if you don't mind me saying so); though I enthusiastically agree with your "skill" sentiment and can't imagine there's anyone here who wouldn't?

All that aside: what a miserable train-wreck of a thread. Squeaky-wheels always seem to get the oil, regardless of context.
So...to your opinion...anyone who has open downpipes has a "SachaBaronCohen ghetto-rig"...and let me guess...people who buy CLK Blacks (or any other car to that matter) and plan to install Long Tube headers and remove cats and resonators...do so 'cause they want to drive a quite car??? Ok...I rest my case. And you think that I won the "Darwin Award" candidacy? From where I stand...you have already received the award and have already left the building!!!

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-17-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
If you are so sure you are making more power, get the car on the dyno and if it is making more power I will pay for the dyno time. If on the other hand it is making less power, you pay the dyno time plus 200 for my troubles.

Your seat in the pants says you are making more power so what do you have to lose?

If you don't have the time to do this, call Jerry at EC and share with us what he says as far as power losses and potential damage you are doing to your car.
Earl, notice how Jerry is not chiming in on this thread? Jerry is a very VERY smart person adn Eurocharged is one of the best MB tuners out there and even he knows to stay away from this thread. This CLK_63_Black dude is just clueless, so clueless that I am going to go easy on him until he wakes up.

CLK_63_Black, I'm sure you are enthusiastic about your new car, it's obviously a great car but I have to advise you to quit while you are ahead, if you think Earl is clueless you're barking up the wrong tree. He knows more about modding a Black Series than anyone posting in this thread with the exception of me. I have thrown away more tunes, mods and aftermarket parts for my BS than you will purchase and keep, I know EXACTLY what works and what doesn't work as well. I was modding my Black Series before you probably ever even heard or said the words "Black Series". The first ECU tune on a BS, mine, the first set of LT's on a BS, mine, the first extensive intake modifications on a BS, mine, the first blower on a BS, mine and Earls. The first 10 second BS on the planet, mine.

Enjoy your car but take it down a level or two around here because there are alot of guys in this section with far more extensively modded BS's than yours and far more extensive knowledge regarding modding a BS than yours....just sayin.

P.S. Earl owns the only other BS that runs 10 second quarter miles....and that was 250+ hp ago

Last edited by jrcart; 05-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:04 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by jrcart
Earl, notice how Jerry is not chiming in on this thread? Jerry is a very VERY smart person adn Eurocharged is one of the best MB tuners out there and even he knows to stay away from this thread. This CLK_63_Black dude is just clueless, so clueless that I am going to go easy on him until he wakes up.

CLK_63_Black, I'm sure you are enthusiastic about your new car, it's obviously a great car but I have to advise you to quit while you are ahead, if you think Earl is clueless you're barking up the wrong tree. He knows more about modding a Black Series than anyone posting in this thread with the exception of me. I have thrown away more tunes, mods and aftermarket parts for my BS than you will purchase and keep, I know EXACTLY what works and what doesn't work as well. I was modding my Black Series before you probably ever even heard or said the words "Black Series". The first ECU tune on a BS, mine, the first set of LT's on a BS, mine, the first extensive intake modifications on a BS, mine, the first blower on a BS, mine and Earls. The first 10 second BS on the planet, mine.

Enjoy your car but take it down a level or two around here because there are alot of guys in this section with far more extensively modded BS's than yours and far more extensive knowledge regarding modding a BS than yours....just sayin.

P.S. Earl owns the only other BS that runs 10 second quarter miles....and that was 250+ hp ago
I'll try to stay on the positive here... I am clueless? You and a few folks over here argue that by removing rear cats, resonators and rear mufflers will cause loss of power due to loss of back pressure...and I am the clueless one? Look, I believe you have spent a lot of money in modding your car. I don't doubt that. Good for you. I never said that my car is modded in any substantial way. It would be baseless to argue that having open down pipes (removal of secondary cats, resonators, and rear mufflers) and installation of couple air performance filters is a substantion mod. However, while these were the exhaust changes, I was able to notice a difference in the way the car performs. I never said that doing those exhaust changes is a substantial mod claim, even though a few folks over here made that assumption 'cause they don't have the common sense to read before they post. If you or anyone else find it impossible to outrun a stock F430 down the highway/freeway, and you would like to dismiss my claim 'cause you careless...then that's your perogative. No disrespect, but I will exercise the same perogative right now...so I careless what you and your friends think about any of my claims.

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-17-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
We are saying that if you don't tune the ECU at the same time as you do your exhaust mods you will lose power.

Think...why is everyone telling you the same thing here? Do you think we have something against you or do you think we are a group of people who are trying to help others out.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
We are saying that if you don't tune the ECU at the same time as you do your exhaust mods you will lose power.

Think...why is everyone telling you the same thing here? Do you think we have something against you or do you think we are a group of people who are trying to help others out.
No hard feelings my friend. Respectfully, I guess we agree to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine. That's all I have to say and I am done on this issue. Feel free to post your opinion as you wish. I have already stated mine. I take it as you are a reasonable and mature guy and at least on that note, we can close our comments with a good note. Like I said...no hard feelings. We are cool.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
LOL,we dyno'd the car with the exhaust and it makes less power until it is tuned.

Perhaps you have one of those special cars than no one else has. Like I said before, when you have burnt the exhaust valves out you have no one to blame except yourself.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM

CLK63BS
So...to your opinion...anyone who has open downpipes has a "SachaBaronCohen ghetto-rig"...and let me guess...people who buy CLK Blacks (or any other car to that matter) and plan to install Long Tube headers and remove cats and resonators...do so 'cause they want to drive a quite car??? Ok...I rest my case. And you think that I won the "Darwin Award" candidacy? From where I stand...you have already received the award and have already left the building!!!
Nope, I'm still here

Above all, your posts illustrate a strong desire to puff yourself up: the endless boasting over "smoking" this & that car is all about your self-grandeur; the gloating over setting off car-alarms with that heinous exhaust job ... even the title of this thread is basically "everyone look at how cool I am now!"

If this thread had merely noted the "adjustments" made to the vehicle, without all the added initial bluster and BS, you might have garnered some useful comments; perhaps even a bit of the praise you seem to desire so much. Yet you just couldn't help yourself. By being repeatedly belligerent and rude to those folk who, arguably, help develop the very mods you hope to obtain shows exactly where your rationale is centered: it's all about your self-image -- anyone who dares to question your bizarre version of reality must therefore (in your eyes) be a moron, juvenile, or some other faction to abuse. Your earlier posts about TopGear/Jeremy/TheTimes smack of the same pompous black-or-white mentality you've illustrated here so well.

You're an ***, dude. Truly a miserable bling-lovin' patter-merchant ***. A self-righteous, deluded danger to yourself and anyone who happens to be around you. Have a nice day

Old 05-17-2012, 12:58 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Nope, I'm still here

Above all, your posts illustrate a strong desire to puff yourself up: the endless boasting over "smoking" this & that car is all about your self-grandeur; the gloating over setting off car-alarms with that heinous exhaust job ... even the title of this thread is basically "everyone look at how cool I am now!"

If this thread had merely noted the "adjustments" made to the vehicle, without all the added initial bluster and BS, you might have garnered some useful comments; perhaps even a bit of the praise you seem to desire so much. Yet you just couldn't help yourself. By being repeatedly belligerent and rude to those folk who, arguably, help develop the very mods you hope to obtain shows exactly where your rationale is centered: it's all about your self-image -- anyone who dares to question your bizarre version of reality must therefore (in your eyes) be a moron, juvenile, or some other faction to abuse. Your earlier posts about TopGear/Jeremy/TheTimes smack of the same pompous black-or-white mentality you've illustrated here so well.

You're an ***, dude. Truly a miserable bling-lovin' patter-merchant ***. A self-righteous, deluded danger to yourself and anyone who happens to be around you. Have a nice day

Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll try to stay on the positive here... I am clueless? You and a few folks over here argue that by removing rear cats, resonators and rear mufflers will cause loss of power due to loss of back pressure...and I am the clueless one? Look, I believe you have spent a lot of money in modding your car. I don't doubt that. Good for you. I never said that my car is modded in any substantial way. It would be baseless to argue that having open down pipes (removal of secondary cats, resonators, and rear mufflers) and installation of couple air performance filters is a substantion mod. However, while these were the exhaust changes, I was able to notice a difference in the way the car performs. I never said that doing those exhaust changes is a substantial mod claim, even though a few folks over here made that assumption 'cause they don't have the common sense to read before they post. If you or anyone else find it impossible to outrun a stock F430 down the highway/freeway, and you would like to dismiss my claim 'cause you careless...then that's your perogative. No disrespect, but I will exercise the same perogative right now...so I careless what you and your friends think about any of my claims.
Wrong again, I run no primary cats and have custom high flow secondary/resonators on my car. I know these cars respond well to having their cats removed and I don't think anyone else is making that exact argument either. As for the F430 claims, I don;t doubt that either, F430 are not all that fast and I have even beat them around a track weighing in at over 700 lbs more.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for putting it in BOLD print Earl, for some reason I still don't think he's going to get it LOL.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
Nope, I'm still here

Until you graduate from high school...go suck your thumb. If you prefer...feel free to use a pacifier. Your choice. You are the epitome of the word "MORON". You can come back after you figure out the difference between open downpipes and normal exhaust systems. Who bought your car? Let me guess...your rich daddy? You have absolutely nothing to talk about in this forum...until you learn what open downpipes are. Good luck DUMB ***!! What I find interesting is how you note..."this thread sucks" over and over...yet somehow you find your way back in. LOL There is definately something wrong with you. Perhaps...a delusional personality? When was the last time you visited your psychiatrist? I do feel sorry that such a beautiful car is in the wrong hands. But then again...rich daddy pays for your toys. What a waste!! LMAO

Last edited by CLK_63_Black; 05-17-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Until you graduate from high school...go suck your thumb. If you prefer...feel free to use a pacifier. Your choice. You are the epitome of the word "MORON". You can come back after you figure out the difference between open downpipes and normal exhaust systems. Who bought your car? Let me guess...your rich daddy? You have absolutely nothing to talk about in this forum...until you learn what open downpipes are. Good luck DUMB ***!! What I find interesting is how you note..."this thread sucks" over and over...yet somehow you find your way back in. LOL There is definately something wrong with you. Perhaps...a delusional personality? When was the last time you visited your psychiatrist? I do feel sorry that such a beautiful car is in the wrong hands. But then again...rich daddy pays for your toys. What a waste!! LMAO
You are violating the terms of use on this website.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:26 PM

CLK AMG BLACK SERIES (among other German things)
Just come accross this thread . I think it was unfortunate so many of you were so hard on this guy at the start , i must admit he took it pretty well and behaved well for a lot longer than I would have .
Sure he is annoyed now. It how many of you wouldn't have been ?

Everyone should calm down a little , we are all enthusiasts here .
Old 05-17-2012, 03:39 PM

CLK63 AMG Black Series
You are violating the terms of use on this website.
I have no intention to violate any terms of use on this website or any other website. I am a respectful person and have not offended anyone unless they offended me first. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. However, I did not see you using the "You are violating the terms of use on this website" note on Yarf's previous posts, for which he uses nothing but foul language and offensive remarks towards me. Yes? What is fair is fair. So, basically from where I stand it appears to me that as long as someone agrees with your point of you...you find it ok that they offend others...and the ones who don't agree with you are not entitled to offend back. And come to think of...you made some offensive remarks yourself on earlier posts as well towards me (i.e. "are you that stupid, etc.). Or you find your remarks not offensive and inappropriate...or you think you are above the terms of use on this site. Then again, I made some back to you too... Like I said...what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Like I said...look at yourself in the mirror before you start judging others. Just because you can afford your expensive toys does not necessarily give you the right to offend others and yet expect not to be offended back. I have no problem if you report this post of mine as inappropriate, but I wonder if you did the same for Yarf's posts as well? That's a rhetorical quesion...cause I know the answer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here is how my CLK Black is progressing...