CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

WTB: CLK63 Black Series....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ArielAtom3+Friends
Question WTB: CLK63 Black Series....

looking to buy a white Black Series CLK....

so far i have found:

19 on autotrader:
5 silver
10 black
1 red
4 white

white #1: Audi Henderson @ 12,5miles, $80k
white #2: Private owned by Graham Rahal @ 9,5miles, $92,5k
white #3: Los Angeles, @ 12,8miles, $80k
white #4: Kings AutoShow @ 4,5miles $88k

11 on Cars.com:
6 black
4 silver
2 white

white #1 (same as kings autoshow above)
white #2 (same as Los Engeles above) but $77k

8 on eBay:
4 black
1 silver
1 green (custom)
1 white

white #1 (same as Audi Henderson above) unsold previously at $68k

A: does anyone know of any other white vehicles not listed in the above sites?

B: what does the forum feel (not people currently selling) the vehicles are worth? in early 2011 i remember seeing mint vehicles w/ warranty for 75-80k all day long, in early 2012 they were in the low mid 60's to low mid 70's.... but now early 2013 i see them all asking 70's and as high as 80.. with a few spikes for the mentally insane sellers.. (those cars all seem to have "awesome stories" or "insane mods"..... having come from a 840hp 997TT, i dont want a modded CLK63BS.. just a stock one, preferably with CPO)

C: the CPO i see can be added for 2800/4500 from MB dealer.. does the vehicle need to be inside the original factory bumper to bumper to add this?

-riley
Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 PM

ArielAtom3+Friends
what makes me crazy about the whole price thing.. is i know for a fact one CLK63 BS was asking 80k and just sold for 54k... curious what that person will now ask... same vehicle with 14k less miles sold for 74k 2 years ago... so it shows a gap between "Asking" and "Selling"..
Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
Originally Posted by rijowysock
C: the CPO i see can be added for 2800/4500 from MB dealer.. does the vehicle need to be inside the original factory bumper to bumper to add this?
There are two questions here... CPO and ELW (Mercedes Factory Extended Limited Warranty). I don't think you can add CPO yourself, but it's possible that some dealers will put your car through the CPO process if you pay for it. I know Porsche does this, but I've never tried it with Mercedes.

The ELW, however, is something you can buy without a whole lot of hassle (in fact, I've always purchased them from far away dealers who offer the best prices on the ELW contract). You can only buy the ELW while the car is still under some sort of factory warranty (either New Car or CPO). ELW's can extend as far out as 7/75, 7/100, or 7/135 (from original first sale of the car).

Good luck in your search! Black Series... nothing else quite like it.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:56 AM

ArielAtom3+Friends
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
There are two questions here... CPO and ELW (Mercedes Factory Extended Limited Warranty). I don't think you can add CPO yourself, but it's possible that some dealers will put your car through the CPO process if you pay for it. I know Porsche does this, but I've never tried it with Mercedes.

The ELW, however, is something you can buy without a whole lot of hassle (in fact, I've always purchased them from far away dealers who offer the best prices on the ELW contract). You can only buy the ELW while the car is still under some sort of factory warranty (either New Car or CPO). ELW's can extend as far out as 7/75, 7/100, or 7/135 (from original first sale of the car).

Good luck in your search! Black Series... nothing else quite like it.
thank you for describing the differences in CPO and ELW, i was using them interchangeably..... considering the age, vehicles would be ELW instead of CPO because of the time elapsed.

dealers can adjust the price on ELW? a friend owns MB dealer and said the car had to be there in person to inspect and that the prices were set.. (can you give me more details on the whole negotiable side of ELW and the process of getting it done and requirements)
Old 06-09-2013, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Black Series, 2013 G63, 2014 RS5 Coupe, 2013 JKUR 10A
Some friend. If you do a search this topic has been discussed. Unless something has changed in the past year, the only price that is set is what the factory charges the dealer for the warranty. The dealers set there own markups on the retail price of the warranty. When I purchased my 7/75 ELW about 18 months ago I called around to many dealers across the country and found prices ranging from $2800 to $4700. My local dealer who I am supposedly a good customer of was one of the higher prices. When I complained that I could buy the warranty from a dealer across the country who doesn't know me for $2000 less he said he would match it but only came down to $3000. Normally I wouldn't care about the $200 difference but I was pissed off that they weren't upfront about the pricing in the first place so I just bought it over the phone from the other dealer. You can probably only do this however if the dealer can see the car is still under factory warranty on their computer system.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 MB CLK Black Series
For what it's worth, I just purchased my second one from the original owner, completely stock, with OEM I-pod connection, came with all original paperwork, including MSRP, stored in a temperature controlled environment not a mark on it (inside or out) with 1,600 miles for $90,500.

As a comparison, in March of 2008 I purchased the same car but with only 800 miles and after market MODS w/Clear Braw, EVOSport lowering springs/spacers and tint for $85,000.

Both were silver.

Good luck with your hunt.

Todd
Old 07-16-2013, 09:55 AM

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by rijowysock
A: does anyone know of any other white vehicles not listed in the above sites?
White one w/Concavo 20's seen here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-bla...ons-leads.html

is probably the one being sold here:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=2&Log=0
Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
GrnLantern....you need to pick up that green one on ebay
Old 07-16-2013, 06:00 PM

Bentley
My very close friend still has his for sale. The car has 17K miles and is immaculate for $71,000.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: CLK63 Black Series....-dsc_0125.jpg  
Old 07-17-2013, 01:04 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
Originally Posted by jrcart
GrnLantern....you need to pick up that green one on ebay
Haha. So, the funny thing is... If you're talking about the same one I think you're talking about (I can't find an active listing anymore, I suspect it may have ended today), then I was actually seriously considering picking it up and sending it to Weistec.

Then I didn't. But, a part of me is still considering it.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 PM

2009 SL-63
White CLK Black Series.

The White weekend warrior featured in HG Motorsports is just about done and may be for sale. It has 16k and only 3k since 55k was spent at Renntech. 605 Hp Stage 3 engine mods and all Hartmuts goodies.
Just about all the improvements the Black needed to bring out its full potential has been done. The car has not been tracked yet.
It's loaded with new parts like racing pads, Evo Rotors, 100% Quaif diff, oil separator, suspension bushings, camber adjust bushings wheels and tires. Adjustable rear control arms are in the works now.
Over 75k spent on the stock car the last 20 month on top of 138 k sticker.
It has all the McCarbon and Renntech parts. The car is now refined and you will not find a better driving Black anywhere. The car shows as new.
I do have a good excuse for selling such a great car I have hardly used.
I am buying a 458 Challenge for track days from my buddy !
That's about the only car that can kick my Black out of the garage.
I don't have to sell it and really don't want to but room has run out in my 4 car garage. If I can most of my cost out of it I would consider selling.
This is a hell of a lot of car for under 100k !