12V power supply for Valve Controlled Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 Mercedes CLS550 RWD
12V power supply for Valve Controlled Exhaust

Hey guys
So I have the Meisterschaft GTC (Electronic Valve Control) exhaust coming in for my 2013 CLS550. I’ve been told that it requires a ground and a 12V power connection to be able to make the wireless remote work.
While the ground connection is not a problem, what is the best 12V power source that will be easily accessible? 2013 CLS550 did not have a battery in the trunk so thats not an option. Where can I find the best source?
Old 11-04-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 CLS550
Following.....

I plan this in near future
Old 11-04-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
I have not done this but if I were to install a valved exhaust then I would probably make a hole in the spare wheel well which is plastic and add a rubber grommet for the wire to pass through and use the cigarette lighter socket in the trunk, or one of the many unused fuses in that location. Also you can program 2 of the garage door opener buttons to open and close the valves so you don't need to reach for the remote.
The following users liked this post:
Acidic Reflux (11-06-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by Mikeki7
I have not done this but if I were to install a valved exhaust then I would probably make a hole in the spare wheel well which is plastic and add a rubber grommet for the wire to pass through and use the cigarette lighter socket in the trunk, or one of the many unused fuses in that location. Also you can program 2 of the garage door opener buttons to open and close the valves so you don't need to reach for the remote.

Love the garage door option. That would be so cool i think
Old 11-07-2017, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W218 CLS550
Originally Posted by Acidic Reflux
Hey guys
So I have the Meisterschaft GTC (Electronic Valve Control) exhaust coming in for my 2013 CLS550. I’ve been told that it requires a ground and a 12V power connection to be able to make the wireless remote work.
While the ground connection is not a problem, what is the best 12V power source that will be easily accessible? 2013 CLS550 did not have a battery in the trunk so thats not an option. Where can I find the best source?
its alway good to wire it to the fuse box, but you will need to do some wire tucking, and there is a hole on your firewall where it's located under your driver side, so you could extend your wire straight to the fuse box. That's what my technician did it for my illuminated star, and I work at Mercedes Benz dealership. Mercedes Benz electrics.......You don't wanna mess with it.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:44 AM

2013 Mercedes CLS550 RWD
Originally Posted by Mikeki7
I'm really hoping I don't have to drill holes anywhere. Isn't there any wire openings that I can use in the trunk ?
Old 11-07-2017, 11:45 AM

2013 Mercedes CLS550 RWD
Originally Posted by PCCLS
its alway good to wire it to the fuse box, but you will need to do some wire tucking, and there is a hole on your firewall where it's located under your driver side, so you could extend your wire straight to the fuse box. That's what my technician did it for my illuminated star, and I work at Mercedes Benz dealership. Mercedes Benz electrics.......You don't wanna mess with it.
What about using the fuse box in the trunk?
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W218 CLS550
Originally Posted by Acidic Reflux
What about using the fuse box in the trunk?
That works too.