Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any better recommendations Than The Renntech EVM?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 09:25 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Hey folks - I have the ASR Module for sale. I installed it on Monday, but I just traded in the car yesterday so I won't be needing it. PM me with your offer. It was about $450'ish USD after using the third-party drop ship company.

SOLD

Last edited by Jorge Siverio; 09-01-2021 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:58 PM

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E63S
Here's a bolt on option:

E63s exhaust flaps permanent fix FINALLY!! - MBWorld.org Forums
The following 3 users liked this post by Charles Maxwell:
ChargedMB (08-31-2021), MBNRG (09-01-2021), Orcbolg (08-31-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 10:07 PM

Received 236 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Jorge Siverio
Hey folks - I have the ASR Module for sale. I installed it on Monday, but I just traded in the car yesterday so I won't be needing it. PM me with your offer. It was about $450'ish USD after using the third-party drop ship company.
PM'd
Old 09-04-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by jcopello
@jcopello and @Orcbolg what rating is that Purple colored Fuse above, the one included in your ASR module for the GT?

Just received mine, it is a 5A - does that sound right?:

Old 09-08-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by MBNRG
@jcopello and @Orcbolg what rating is that Purple colored Fuse above, the one included in your ASR module for the GT?

Just received mine, it is a 5A - does that sound right?:

Bump

Anyone with the actual ASR EVM Module - what is the fuse rating and fuse color that came with your module?

Last edited by MBNRG; 09-08-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Hi guys ,

Anyone tested these modules on 2020 GT R Pro ? I'll receive mine next week and wondering which one to choose. I'm located in EU so I guess the CETE one is the easiest to get. But I read different informations on these modules....
Also now the CETE website says no keyfob , only using the exhaust button. This means the module only opens the valve when using the button ? Whats the use then......
How would the module be different than driving in S+ or Race ? I don't get it....

Thanks boys
Old 09-13-2021, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Hi guys ,

Anyone tested these modules on 2020 GT R Pro ? I'll receive mine next week and wondering which one to choose. I'm located in EU so I guess the CETE one is the easiest to get. But I read different informations on these modules....
Also now the CETE website says no keyfob , only using the exhaust button. This means the module only opens the valve when using the button ? Whats the use then......
How would the module be different than driving in S+ or Race ? I don't get it....

Thanks boys
With the Cete module it just completely opens the valves when in those modes, vs the ASR or Renntech module that keeps them open at all times when you have it activated (stock, the valves normally won't go 100% open, even in S+/R, unless over 4kish rpm) Personally I think this defeats the purpose, which is the gnarly startup sounds with valves open from the get go.

The ASR module (which is the exact product Renntech rebrands and upcharges for) should be easy for you to get, based on your location, and I'd assume it would work with that car, though idk of the difference will be as substantial if it has the particulate filter.

Last edited by Orcbolg; 09-15-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:36 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 AMG GTC, 2021 Macan GTS, 2021 Golf GTI
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Hi guys ,

Thanks boys
just received my module for my 2020 GTC. I went with the Renntech module as it deletes the active sound the facelift cars have. You can hear the difference in shmees latest Nurburgring lap in his roadster. Haven’t got around to installing yet but it will make a huge difference deleting the fake sound!
Old 11-28-2021, 09:15 AM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GCV, 2019 JEEP TH-E
Anyone know how to get the The ASR module shipped to Canada as its not in a the drop down list of countries when I try to check out the item on https://asr-component.de/
Old 11-28-2021, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by reignz
Anyone know how to get the The ASR module shipped to Canada as its not in a the drop down list of countries when I try to check out the item on https://asr-component.de/
Use a mail forwarding company to get it shipped to your NA address.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:10 AM

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts
AMG GT C Edition 50
Evm ordering instructions?

Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Sent
Late to the game but can you send me a PM with the instructions? Thanks!
Old 11-28-2021, 11:54 AM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Just ordered Cete module

Originally Posted by jcopello
I am considering ordering one of the Renntech EVM's below. Just wanted to check with you guys if there is a better/different option out there for being able to fix the exhaust valves open on demand (for cold starts for example).

https://www.renntechmercedes.com/ind...evm-190-detail

As gimmicky as it is, the "emotion" start on the facelift cars is pretty cool TBH.
I just ordered this for my 2018 AMG GT C Edition 50: https://www.active-sound.eu/de/merce...appensteuerung

I'll let you all know how it goes. I also haunt the motorcycle world (BMW HP4) and we love the saying "loud pipes save lives!"
The following users liked this post:
Stenzel-Germany (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 03:24 PM

Received 443 Likes on 237 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by AndrewFerg
I just ordered this for my 2018 AMG GT C Edition 50: https://www.active-sound.eu/de/merce...appensteuerung

I'll let you all know how it goes. I also haunt the motorcycle world (BMW HP4) and we love the saying "loud pipes save lives!"
Hi,

Smart decision. You will not regret it.
Thanks for report your experiences.
Maybe you can take a few pictures of installation?

Currently -10% discount. Black Friday week?

Best regards

Stenzel

Old 11-28-2021, 03:49 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Originally Posted by Stenzel-Germany
Hi,

Best regards

Stenzel
Will do! The existing sound is good. I'm looking forward to great!

​​​​​​
Old 11-29-2021, 06:30 AM

2017 GCV, 2019 JEEP TH-E
Ordered a ASR module for my 18 GTR with the Black Friday sale using a Mail forwarder to Canada. Will update once installed.

Last edited by reignz; 11-29-2021 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:25 PM

2017 GCV, 2019 JEEP TH-E
Installed the ASR Module anyone else with a 18' GTR can anyone confirm in sports+ there is no difference in volume from stock open to ASR open? I can hear the flap move when I click it back to stock but no sound change.

Last edited by reignz; 12-10-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2021, 04:36 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Hi,

Best regards

Stenzel
Hey Stenzel,

I've installed the unit and love the sound. Pretty easy install. Can you give me the official use instructions? I only got installation instructions. I think there is a double tap or press and hold option but I don't have anything in writing.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2021, 05:07 PM

AMG GTR
Hi AndrewFerg,

Don´t have one. Maybee this helps.

Translation, supplemented and abbreviated:

Module aktivation / deactivation using the original buttons.

Hold down the ESP button until the ESP-OFF message appears in the speedometer, then press the ESP button again without delay to deactivate / aktivate the module

and / or Limiter button press twice.

The operating status, whether the module is active or inactive, is saved and is retained even after the car is restarted.

Exhaust flap control via the original switch:
With activated modul, you can still use the flaps via the button for your exhaust system, but with this additions:
When the button is activated, (red LED on) the flaps are now permanently and fully open and not only when the engine is running high.
If the button is not activated, (red LED off) the flaps are completely closed. This also applies to the cold start phase.
Full load journeys with closed flaps can lead to damage, so our module opens both flaps for safety from a speed of approx. 4000 RPM in order to relieve the engine.

Best regards

Stenzel

Old 12-10-2021, 06:06 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Hi AndrewFerg,

Don´t have one. Maybee this helps.

Translation, supplemented and abbreviated:

Module aktivation / deactivation using the original buttons.

Hold down the ESP button until the ESP-OFF message appears in the speedometer, then press the ESP button again without delay to deactivate / aktivate the module

and / or Limiter button press twice.

The operating status, whether the module is active or inactive, is saved and is retained even after the car is restarted.

Exhaust flap control via the original switch:
With activated modul, you can still use the flaps via the button for your exhaust system, but with this additions:
When the button is activated, (red LED on) the flaps are now permanently and fully open and not only when the engine is running high.
If the button is not activated, (red LED off) the flaps are completely closed. This also applies to the cold start phase.
Full load journeys with closed flaps can lead to damage, so our module opens both flaps for safety from a speed of approx. 4000 RPM in order to relieve the engine.

Best regards

Stenzel
I could swear that I read that there was a way to return it to normal operations which bypasses the module. I saw a video that showed the LED blinking to indicate that it had returned to original mode. But as I said, my module did not come with any operating instructions.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:33 PM

AMG GTR
I could swear that I read that there was a way to return it to normal operations which bypasses the module. I saw a video that showed the LED blinking to indicate that it had returned to original mode. But as I said, my module did not come with any operating instructions.
Hi AndrewFerg,

Maybe I don't understand you properly, but i speak perfect german.. :-) :-) :-)

Press 2 x limiter button (or ESP off / on) and you have deactivated the module.

Then you have your bypass or everything is like stock. Like when no module is installed.

Do you want to go back again? Same procedure.

Best regards

Stenzel
Old 12-10-2021, 06:52 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Hi AndrewFerg,

Maybe I don't understand you properly, but i speak perfect german.. :-) :-) :-)

Press 2 x limiter button (or ESP off / on) and you have deactivated the module.

Then you have your bypass or everything is like stock. Like when no module is installed.

Do you want to go back again? Same procedure.

Best regards

Stenzel
Not at all. You are speaking English perfectly. I just didn't believe or understand that the ESP button could have anything to do with the exhaust valve. When I press the ESP button it turns on or off sport mode but I don't notice any change to the exhaust note. I don't understand why they didn't keep the controls with the exhaust button.

Last edited by AndrewFerg; 12-10-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:03 PM

AMG GTR
Hi AndrewFerg,

Yes, my new friend Google translator does that. Now i speak 64 languages fluently. :-) :-)

It has nothing to do with the ESP. Since the module uses the bus, it was only programmed that way.
You turn the ESP off and then back on again. Does not matter.

The concept is, to use an existing button. You have to operate it somehow. :-) :-)

Test the limiter button. Press twice. Limiter on / limiter off. Is easier to use. Goes faster. Is saver. That's why that was changed.

Best regards

Stenzel

Last edited by Stenzel-Germany; 12-10-2021 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:08 PM

AMG GT C Edition 50
Hi,

Yes, my new friend Google translator does that.

It has nothing to do with the ESP. Since the module uses the bus, it was only programmed that way.
You turn the ESP off and then back on again. Does not matter.

Test the limiter button. Press twice. Limiter on / limiter off. Is easier to use. Goes faster. That's why that was changed.

Best regards

Stenzel
I must be missing something. It doesn't seem to be working for me. I'll keep experimenting. Definitely want the module working. How do I know if the module is on or off then? I'm definitely not getting a blinking led on the exhaust button.

Last edited by AndrewFerg; 12-10-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2021, 12:51 AM

AMG GT C Edition 50
I must be missing something. It doesn't seem to be working for me. I'll keep experimenting. Definitely want the module working. How do I know if the module is on or off then? I'm definitely not getting a blinking led on the exhaust button.
I have two support emails into Cete Automotive (Cete Automotive GmbH <info@active-sound.eu>) asking for help. The ESP function that is supposed to allow me to switch back and forth between modes is not working. I'll let you all know how they respond. Hope I didn't get a bad module, I really like the concept of the Active Valve Control, but reality isn't quite there yet. Fingers crossed I hear back and there is a good resolution.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:19 AM

AMG GTR
Hi,

Hope too.

Did you test the limiter button?

Loud and quiet with the original flap button.

Best regards

Stenzel

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.