Sponsored by:

Secret hidden menu on R190 2019 (new) version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amg GT Roadster , Ferrari 812 SF
Secret hidden menu on R190 2019 (new) version

Hi All, I made a search for hidden menu needed for rear brake pads replacement . I found may ways for many types but no one related to my version . I have 2019 version with complete digital dashboard . Can you help me ?
Thx
Old 07-09-2022, 03:06 PM

I found how to enter into dealer mode . Switch start button once without pushing brake pedal go to menu , car and push rotor knob for 10 seconds and dealer menu appear. Problem is there is nothing to deactivate electric parking brake (EPB) to change rear brake pads. Any help ?
Old 07-09-2022, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 879 Likes on 453 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Hi Gianfranco,

I can describe how I get the rear brakes in the service position. Each step is important, although some might seem insignificant. Try following these in the correct sequence.

1. Make sure all the doors and rear hatch are closed (the system cannot recognize an open door).
2. Sit in the driver's seat, close the door.
3. Use the key slot in the center console.
4. Move the key to position 2 FOOT OFF THE BRAKE and manually release the parking brake (you should hear the motors release the pads from the park position).
5. Turn the key completely off, remove it, open driver's door, close it back.
6. You're still sitting in the front seat with all doors closed and the parking brake is now released.
7. Insert the key in the center console ign, turn to POSITION 1 (not 2) FOOT OFF THE BRAKE
8. Use the HOME button on the leftside of the steering wheel and navigate to the TRIP and make sure the MILEAGE screen is showing on the center dash.
9. Now with the ign still in the #1 position, press and hold the telephone button on the rightside of the steering wheel, then also press the OK button on the leftside.
10. Continue to press both buttons (can take 5 to 10 seconds) until the service screen appears.
11. Toggle to the rear brake replacement menu item, click OK on that.
12 You should see the service message for rear pad replacement. Select OK, you should hear the motors unwinding
13. Now you can shut off the ignition do the pad change
14. When you are ready to reset, follow same instructions above, all doors closed, key in the center console, position 1, foot off the brake, then you can get back to the same service screen and follow the completed instructions which will rewind the brake motors and you will hear those too.

By the way, I've tried these steps out of sequence or with the tailgate open or driver's door open and it does not get to the service screen with no reason why.

Hope this help you,

Best,

Acta

Last edited by Acta_Non_Verba; 07-09-2022 at 04:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Surge (07-12-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Acta_Non_Verba
Hi Gianfranco,

I can describe how I get the rear brakes in the service position. Each step is important, although some might seem insignificant. Try following these in the correct sequence.

1. Make sure all the doors and rear hatch are closed (the system cannot recognize an open door).
2. Sit in the driver's seat, close the door.
3. Use the key slot in the center console.
4. Move the key to position 2 FOOT OFF THE BRAKE and manually release the parking brake (you should hear the motors release the pads from the park position).
5. Turn the key completely off, remove it, open driver's door, close it back.
6. You're still sitting in the front seat with all doors closed and the parking brake is now released.
7. Insert the key in the center console ign, turn to POSITION 1 (not 2) FOOT OFF THE BRAKE
8. Use the HOME button on the leftside of the steering wheel and navigate to the TRIP and make sure the MILEAGE screen is showing on the center dash.
9. Now with the ign still in the #1 position, press and hold the telephone button on the rightside of the steering wheel, then also press the OK button on the leftside.
10. Continue to press both buttons (can take 5 to 10 seconds) until the service screen appears.
11. Toggle to the rear brake replacement menu item, click OK on that.
12 You should see the service message for rear pad replacement. Select OK, you should hear the motors unwinding
13. Now you can shut off the ignition do the pad change
14. When you are ready to reset, follow same instructions above, all doors closed, key in the center console, position 1, foot off the brake, then you can get back to the same service screen and follow the completed instructions which will rewind the brake motors and you will hear those too.

By the way, I've tried these steps out of sequence or with the tailgate open or driver's door open and it does not get to the service screen with no reason why.

Hope this help you,

Best,

Acta
Hi Acta, I think this procedure works on a a different system . I have NTG 5.5 system and I don’t have an Ok button on my steering wheel . I have just two home buttons ( right and left) two touch pads and to go back buttons . I dealt to reach dealer mode but there is no menu for EPB 😢
Old 07-09-2022, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Gianfranco 341
Hi Acta, I think this procedure works on a a different system . I have NTG 5.5 system and I don’t have an Ok button on my steering wheel . I have just two home buttons ( right and left) two touch pads and to go back buttons . I dealt to reach dealer mode but there is no menu for EPB 😢
It should work with the rotary wheel on the leftside which you press/hold. So, hold the telephone button on the right, then the rotary wheel on the left. Try that, but make sure the first steps are followed, doors closed, foot off brake, parking brake released. Just make sure you are in the mileage screen (trip) and not in any other mode such as the AMG screen.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi Gianfranco,

For the new style steering wheel controls, try this button sequence. In this youtube the service reminder is being reset, but you can see in the display the brake pad replacement menu item comes up too. Keep in mind all the other steps about all doors closed, make sure you are on the odometer screen, etc., and make sure the parking brakes is off. Do the parking brake as a separate sequence - position 2 on ign, release parking brake, ign off, open driver's door, close door, then follow the original steps with these buttons instead.

Both videos are the same sequence, just different models and should be applicable to all new layouts.

Last edited by Acta_Non_Verba; 07-10-2022 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Acta_Non_Verba
Hi Gianfranco,

For the new style steering wheel controls, try this button sequence. In this youtube the service reminder is being reset, but you can see in the display the brake pad replacement menu item comes up too. Keep in mind all the other steps about all doors closed, make sure you are on the odometer screen, etc., and make sure the parking brakes is off. Do the parking brake as a separate sequence - position 2 on ign, release parking brake, ign off, open driver's door, close door, then follow the original steps with these buttons instead.

Both videos are the same sequence, just different models and should be applicable to all new layouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eTBwRaUiLo

https://youtu.be/mhzGV_l_24g
thank you so much . This is working for me . Perfect . I will change my rear brake pads next week end . I’ve simulated it and it seems it works.
Thx
The following users liked this post:
Acta_Non_Verba (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Gianfranco 341
thank you so much . This is working for me . Perfect . I will change my rear brake pads next week end . I’ve simulated it and it seems it works.
Thx
Good to hear. We can archive this now for those coming in the future with the new style wheel.

All the Best,