Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How many times do you guys have your cars detailed a year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
How many times do you guys have your cars detailed a year?

For those who have their cars detailed, on average how many times do you have your cars professionally detailed in and out? I usually try to get it done once a year atleast and do the usual wash every week if the weather permits and wax every month or 2. Though I would like to have it professional detailed twice a year. I'm usually not that good at doing the interior. As the pro places can clean the headliner and things like that.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:20 AM

Several
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
For those who have their cars detailed, on average how many times do you have your cars professionally detailed in and out? I usually try to get it done once a year atleast and do the usual wash every week if the weather permits and wax every month or 2. Though I would like to have it professional detailed twice a year. I'm usually not that good at doing the interior. As the pro places can clean the headliner and things like that.
I don't have a place to wash my car, so I get it detailed maybe 4-5 times a year. I do the inside at the DIY car wash myself and have the outside cleaned by them every 2 weeks. I wish I could do it all by myself. I feel I would do it better and more careful.

-Ben
Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 AM

i have a guy come wash and wax my car about every 10 days, he uses klasse and he'll vacuum out the inside and dress all the rubbers.... he takes care of my car quite welll......
Old 11-04-2007, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
You wax your car every 10 days.....man.

I stip the car twice a year using a dawn detergent wash with a good clay bar rubbing afterwards. Wash again, then use a polishing compound followed by a good wax. Usually takes me a weekend.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
You wax your car every 10 days.....man.

I stip the car twice a year using a dawn detergent wash with a good clay bar rubbing afterwards. Wash again, then use a polishing compound followed by a good wax. Usually takes me a weekend.
Good polishes usually last 6-9 months depending on climate. Genuine carnuba wax is about 30-60 days.

That being said, I wash every week and wax about every 3-4 months.

I don't trust the detailers around here with my car.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:26 AM

2006 MB C230 Iridium Silver, 2007 Hummer H3 Slate Blue
Originally Posted by Timeless
Good polishes usually last 6-9 months depending on climate. Genuine carnuba wax is about 30-60 days.
Just want to correct your statement so it doesn't mislead anyone. Good sealants (Menzerna FMJ or Klasse) usually last 6-9 months depending on the climate. Polish is used to smooth the paint surface of imperfections.
I usually wash and wax (P21S) every Tues. and polish, clay and apply sealant every 6 months. Interior and engine is done every week as well.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by dnegri
Just want to correct your statement so it doesn't mislead anyone. Good sealants (Menzerna FMJ or Klasse) usually last 6-9 months depending on the climate. Polish is used to smooth the paint surface of imperfections.
I usually wash and wax (P21S) every Tues. and polish, clay and apply sealant every 6 months. Interior and engine is done every week as well.
Ah, you are correct...I did indeed mean sealant. I use the Wolfgang series of products.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Originally Posted by dnegri

i need to get some of that FMJ stuff.... heard lots about it but never tried so your car still beads after 6-9 months with FMJ??? im looking for a good sealant to protect my paint this winter
Old 11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Menzerna FMJ is my personal favorite sealant and it does look outstanding while protecting for months. I also love the way it feels so slick after applying it.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM

2006 MB C230 Iridium Silver, 2007 Hummer H3 Slate Blue
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
i need to get some of that FMJ stuff.... heard lots about it but never tried so your car still beads after 6-9 months with FMJ??? im looking for a good sealant to protect my paint this winter
Absolutely! Not only is it great for the winter months but all year round. One thing I really like is when you go on a road trip and get bug splatter it will come off with ease. Anyway, FMJ is super easy to apply and take off, makes the car feel slippery and gives a great shine as well as lasting much longer than a carnuba. However, I still apply a carnuba (P21S) just for the depth that it gives your paint.
If your interested in it go to www.detailedimage.com I highly recommend this place due to the great cust. svc. that you recieve from Greg and George!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
I like doing everything myself. full out detailing is applied twice a year
Old 11-16-2007, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
thanx for the info ya i'm def gettin FMJ soon!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 03:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW F30 335 M sport
I wash all the cars weekly, and they all get a full detail about 3 or 4 times a year.