Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK 320
Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?

Every time I check out different forums to try and figure out what products to use, I seem to get more confused about what to use. I just purchased a new 2004 Black CLK 320 coupe. After washing it yesterday, I took it out in the sun and noticed a lot of fine scratches in the paint.
I am now trying to decide between Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse.
My main issue are:
{1}-Hide the scratches
{2}-Ease of application {I don't have a lot of time to work on my car}
{3}-Durability
{4}-Overall shine
I have used Zaino on the g35 coupe I just traded in and it worked very well, but the color of that car was Diamond Graphite and I had no scratches that I needed to hide.
I appreciate any input since at this point I am totally confused about what product to use.
Life was much easier when I purchased my first Firebird back in '79 and all we had to choose from was a couple of different waxes. Back then my choice was Rain Dance, which I don't even see around anymore.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2004, 06:11 PM

(1St. Picture )Here is the starting of removing swirls on black.
(2nd Picture Polishing with a PC and Einszett Paint Polish
3rd Picture Final polishing with EInszett Metallic Polish(paint doesn't have to be metallic to use it. My Wife's GT is NOT metallic.
4th Picture Finished! Hows it look compared to first picture.
This whole process took me 20 minutes of polishing with the Orange PC Sonus pad, then followed by the Green Sonus pad. Then switching to the Blue pad and using the Metallic Paint Polish. I have NO wax on as of the finished picture, Just polished paint!
I do have Menzerna Intense Polish and their Final Polish2 But I like Einszett polishes better as you can work them as long as you want.

Here is the "Sonus PC pad kit" from Autopia.
PC Pad kit
1Z (Einszett Paint Polish)
1Z Metallic Paint Polish
If you need a PC 7424 buffer Autopia has it but....... I bought mine from PC 7424 from Coastal tools
You will get the PC,5 and 6" counter wights(for 5 and 6" buffing pads),one white buffing pad(I use this one for buffing my bathroom shower).Hey it makes the Wife happy

ANy questions please ask.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures! (NO I'm not a professional photographer):dunno:
Attached Thumbnails Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?-swirls2.jpg   Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?-1z-pp2.jpg   Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?-blue_mpp2.jpg   Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?-finished2.jpg   Zaino, Menzerna or Klasse?-sonus-pads2.jpg  

Old 08-29-2004, 06:16 PM

Oh I forgot to mention I use Klasse ALL In One and Their Sealant Glaze. I put 3-4 coats of Seaslant glaze on then top it with S100.(allow 24 hours between coats of SG.
BUT I am about to order Einszett Glanz Wax and try that out.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Do you wet the pads with anything (other than the polish) before you start polisihing ?
Old 08-30-2004, 05:54 AM

You can... SOme people do but "wetting" the pads only help to keep the polish from drying out to soon. If I use 1Z I dont have to wet the pads. If I use Menzerna yes I do "mist them" you dont want them to damp or the polish gets real watery and slings around. (dont ask me how I know) :p
You can mist them with water or a quick detail spray.
Jon
Old 08-30-2004, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
1Z looks good, but not for following with a Zaino finish since the 1Z contains silicon and fillers.

I'm going to try Klasse AIO as a pre-polish/cleaner to a Zaino finish.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:46 PM

i tried the menzerna, i think its a great product,

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2004, 08:21 PM

Hey Jonw440...I just got the Sonus pads like you a couple of days ago and just wanted to clarify on your application of the Einszett Paint Polish.

1)Paint Polish with Orange Pad, buff out
2)Paint Polish with Green Pad, buff out
3)Metallic Polish with Blue Pad, buff out

Is this right?

Can you also explain your process of doing the Klasse twins with the S100?
By the way, how does the S100 look? I've seen some pictures with it on, and it looks amazing. Does it last long?

Thanks so much. I'm such a newb on the PC thing
Old 08-31-2004, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by bigBoe
Hey Jonw440...I just got the Sonus pads like you a couple of days ago and just wanted to clarify on your application of the Einszett Paint Polish.

1)Paint Polish with Orange Pad, buff out
2)Paint Polish with Green Pad, buff out
3)Metallic Polish with Blue Pad, buff out

Is this right?

Can you also explain your process of doing the Klasse twins with the S100?
By the way, how does the S100 look? I've seen some pictures with it on, and it looks amazing. Does it last long?

Thanks so much. I'm such a newb on the PC thing
You are correct on the polish and pad combos.
Keep working the polish for about 2- 3 minutes. Then wipe off and see the results. If it enough do it agin. Then move on to the next pad and or polish and pad.
As for the klasse, it pretty easy, just remeber this "less is best"
Apply the All in one using the blue pad.(be sure to wash it out affter using the 1Z polish with it)mist it with a little water. Then put a dab of AIO on the pad and start the pc on 3 and work it over the whole panal you are working on. Then once it is worked in well, stop and wipe off. Do this over the entire car doing one section at a time.
I personally dont apply the Sealant Glaze with the PC. I like to do it by hand. But using the PC, you will need to apply it with the Microfiber bonnet. Put just enough to apply an even layer, but you should not be able to see it easy. It is harder to describe than do. What Im trying to say is "Less is best"
Just make sure you apply it evenly. Then once the entire car is covered wait at least 1-2 hours before you wipoe the SG off. (Longer it sits the easier it is to remove. )If you have a hard time removing it in places, mist a little Sonus detail spray on it and it will come off easier.
As for the S100, make sure you are happy withb the SG, because you can not add more SG once the S100 is on.(It wont bond to the s100.) I like to have at least 4 layers of SG on then add the S100.
I think the S100 adds more of a "wet look"
I hope this has helped.
Jon
Old 09-01-2004, 12:14 AM

Thanks jonw440. I'll order some 1Z tonight. I can't wait till the weekend
Old 09-01-2004, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by bigBoe
Thanks jonw440. I'll order some 1Z tonight. I can't wait till the weekend
Glad to help.
Please post pictures after you finish!! OK?
Old 09-06-2004, 09:43 PM

I have experience with the Klasse twins and I can honestly say they do wonders at hiding any minor imperfections in paint. I have a black car with very light swirling, and the use of Klasse Sealant Glaze is very effective in hiding those annoying, minor swirls that come with have a daily driven car.
Klasse All-In-One is also very effective as a one step cleaner/protection product that will polish your finish and lay down at least 3 months worth of protection.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the info JM

Sorry guys. I didn't have a chance at polishing my ML or my E during the 3 day weekend. My parents had me running errands and us going to little family get togethers. I guess it was nice to see family and catch up on things....but I wanted to polish the cars and try out the Klasse Twins. Hopefully by the end of the month. Sorry about the rant...just mad

Anyways, hopefully you guys had a great weekend
Old 09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Easy to use
Hides scratches
Briilant shine

MEGUIARS NXT give it a try you won't believe it
Old 09-08-2004, 01:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Quote: Do you wet the pads with anything (other than the polish) before you start polisihing ?

~One man’s opinion / observations~

As Jonw440 suggested some polishes are better applied ‘dry’.

Priming a Foam Pad:
Lightly mist the foam pad with distilled water; it should be damp, not wet. Raise the trailing edge very slightly so that front 1/3rd of the foam pad is in contact with the surface (avoid using pressure or the backing plate may cut into the foam pad). Apply the product until the pad is evenly saturated with product (usually a minute or two) Product will actually be soft due to heat build-up, and then transition from a tilted pad to full pad contact with the paint surface.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon