2006 Cdi Vs 2007 Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Smile Really . . .

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Not once did I say the MB Bluetec utility vehicles weren't V6 diesels. My point, to make it perfectly clear once more, is that like the Jeep they are Bluetec-labeled display vehicles not currently for sale.

Getting really tired of your condescending comments. Here's a tip: Type with the same tone you'd take if the person you're engaging is sitting in front of you...and show some humility when you're proven wrong.
You have not proven anybody wrong, and I for one couldn't
care less about what you care or don't care about!
"Condescending comments" you say . . You haven't heard anything I have said.

I said that I saw under the hood of one of the Bluetec vehicles at the Los Angeles Autoshow.
I was there, but I don't believe you were.
The hosts even had Maroney stickers available for all those diesel vehicles except the Bejing car.
Did you ask to see them as I did?
I also said that there was a Bluetec V6 Diesel under the hood of one of their "display" vehicles.
Did you ask one of the hosts to allow you to look under the hood as I did?
Had you done as I did, you might have been able to see what I saw.
No. I take that back.
Your mind or lack thereof is too set in stone for you to believe
anything except what you have already commited to stone.

Believe or think whatever you like. I don't care.
But be rest assured, anytime you write anything that is not true,
I will jump on your stupid remarks with both feet.

Since you are too dumb to read, I will tell you that there are MY 2007 diesel trucks listed on the MBZ website available to be ordered and
some are even at dealerships available for delivery now.
Not here in this state as you should know, having gone out of state yourself
and somhow managed to illegally import one into California.

To bad you weren't bright enough to have waited for what many of us already know.
The 2007 is and will be proven in the long run to be a better car than the 2006 CDI I-6.
I feel sorry for you. (Not really; Not at all!)

I am being more than polite to you stupid, and were you sitting, or better yet standing right in front of me, I'd say and do one hell-of-a-lot more.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:33 PM

Received 257 Likes on 164 Posts
I suggest you review the Terms of Use you agreed to when becoming a member of this forum.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Really . . .

No one, least of all me, is the least bit interested in your suggestions.

I've been around a bit longer than you, not only here but elsewhere, and if the moderators
are not happy with me or anything I have to say, they will act accordingly.

Your trouble continues to be that when cornered with your half-truths and outright lies, you continue spreading your B/S.

Like I have said before, when you spout these lies I will jump on you everytime.
Why? Because you do not know what you are talking about. End of story.

Read your profile. There's no substance. There's no infomation. Reflects on you personally.
It the same thing when you post. Nothing but B/S.

Carry on. If the rest of those reading this forum wish to believe you, that's their problem.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Exclamation

Guys, this is probably one of the best and most educational discussions I have read in a long time. However, enough with the name calling. You can make your points and disagree with someone all day long without the need for hostility or derogatory comments. I won't ask again. Let's get this thread back on track. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "truck" engines for MY 07 (ML, GL, R) are the new V6 diesel, but they don't have the Bluetec exhaust system - so they're still badged as CDI - because they aren't Bluetec.

Bluetec does EXIST for these models, but they aren't for sale yet. They're in testing. I've seen one or two on local backroads - but that ain't because they came from the dealership (Here's a hint: Vance, AL - http://www.mbusi.com/ )

Remember, the engine block itself isn't what qualifies it for the Bluetec badge - the emissions are. That's what gets cleaned up in the complicated exhaust system (even sans-AdBlue). Next model year, when the new exhaust system is added, they'll be Bluetec - and THEN what was seen at the show will be for sale.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Talbot
The "truck" engines for MY 07 (ML, GL, R) are the new V6 diesel, but they don't have the Bluetec exhaust system - so they're still badged as CDI - because they aren't Bluetec.

Bluetec does EXIST for these models, but they aren't for sale yet. They're in testing. I've seen one or two on local backroads - but that ain't because they came from the dealership (Here's a hint: Vance, AL - http://www.mbusi.com/ )

Remember, the engine block itself isn't what qualifies it for the Bluetec badge - the emissions are. That's what gets cleaned up in the complicated exhaust system (even sans-AdBlue). Next model year, when the new exhaust system is added, they'll be Bluetec - and THEN what was seen at the show will be for sale.
Right on the button...nicely explained!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 257 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Exactly. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:00 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
I just love your S-class
Old 12-19-2006, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
Lets talk diesel, Diesel Heads!

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Guys, this is probably one of the best and most educational discussions I have read in a long time. However, enough with the name calling. You can make your points and disagree with someone all day long without the need for hostility or derogatory comments. I won't ask again. Let's get this thread back on track. Thanks.
Exactly. Both Alan and Mr. Green are great and knowledgeable guys when not arguing in public.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by harkgar
Lets talk diesel, Diesel Heads!
I don't quite qualify yet... Mine's somewhere between the port and the dealership today. Maybe it is at the VPC. If only there was some tracking system available (dammit!)
Old 12-24-2006, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lets see your new Bluetec

I don't quite qualify yet... Mine's somewhere between the port and the dealership today. Maybe it is at the VPC. If only there was some tracking system available (dammit!)
Post some photos of that new car after its arrival including the engine.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
I was wondering when you'd step in. Thanks for doing so!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AR.Shah
I just love your S-class
Thanks. The only reason I am in this thread is I am very close to ordering a new GL320CDI. I have had several wagons and diesel sedans (all MB) and I want to get back to my roots...:-)
Old 12-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Almost a Member!

07 Bluetec P2 package panaroma sunroof wood and leather steering wheel, keyless go
Talking

Post some photos of that new car after its arrival including the engine.
Harkgar, I left my digital camera at home when I went to Germany . I took pics while I was there but they suck sooo baad, cheap assed box camera . When I get mine 6-8 weeks I will post pics. I am biased, but I would tell you to get the Bluetec. If you really want I can scan the pics but wouldn't do justice to such a beautifull car.

Last edited by Tuffy72; 12-24-2006 at 07:37 PM. Reason: mispellings
Old 12-25-2006, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merry Christmas to all diesel heads!

Originally Posted by Tuffy72
Harkgar, I left my digital camera at home when I went to Germany . I took pics while I was there but they suck sooo baad, cheap assed box camera . When I get mine 6-8 weeks I will post pics. I am biased, but I would tell you to get the Bluetec. If you really want I can scan the pics but wouldn't do justice to such a beautifull car.
Tuffy,

Lets see that 3 liter Bluetec V-6 in its natural state. The one in Toronto has no oil dipstick nor transmission stick. Would you check out these 2 items and let us know? I thought MB regained its senses and put these 2 essential items back for 2007.

We would have to buy 2 "tools" (MB speak for dipsticks) for the Bluetec. Ditto for the 2006 CDi.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 MB G500 NMLE, 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Prestige
Tuffy,

Lets see that 3 liter Bluetec V-6 in its natural state. The one in Toronto has no oil dipstick nor transmission stick. Would you check out these 2 items and let us know? I thought MB regained its senses and put these 2 essential items back for 2007.

We would have to buy 2 "tools" (MB speak for dipsticks) for the Bluetec. Ditto for the 2006 CDi.
It's not a BlueTec, but is the latest 2007 ML320 CDI in the US; and it does have the engine oil dipstick. It's the red capped item - and there is a dipstick under the cap - in the lower left (right front of the engine) of the second photo in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/m-class-w164/175287-ml320-cdi-exposed.html

I haven't noticed a tranny dipstick tube; but I'll look closer when the weather clears. It has to be there somewhere - probably without the dipstick though.

Last edited by DUTCH; 12-25-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for your correction

Actually, that's ALABAMA, not Indiana.
Alabama it is.

Sounds like Indiana.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dipsticks in Europe? Suck or drain?

Originally Posted by DUTCH
It's not a BlueTec, but is the latest 2007 ML320 CDI in the US; and it does have the engine oil dipstick. It's the red capped item - and there is a dipstick under the cap - in the lower left (right front of the engine) of the second photo in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175287

I haven't noticed a tranny dipstick tube; but I'll look closer when the weather clears. It has to be there somewhere - probably without the dipstick though.
I do not know why MB took away the fluid dipsticks to make things harder for DIY fans. This is stupid. I read somewhere that European engines have dipsticks in the newer cars.

Another strange thing in MB dealership service is that they have stopped draining engine oil. Instead they suck the old oil out with a pump. This saves time and they can do a quick lube in no time. To me this is not good for the engine as some old oil is bound to be left behind and metal filings cannot be retreived.

Do MB dealerships do the same thing in the USA?
Old 12-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Almost a Member!

07 Bluetec P2 package panaroma sunroof wood and leather steering wheel, keyless go
Tuffy,

As soon as it comes in I will be glad,should be in at the end of next month. Its gonna a be while before I can change anything. We are gonna be strapped for cash for awhile. We found out last week we will be moving to Pa. Gotta find a house and cost of living a lot higher in Pa than Slidell,about double. So I'll be riding stock for a few years.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1982 300D VNT, 1980 240D 3.0T, 1982 300TD
IMHO, the 2006 E320 with the I-6 is the newest MB diesel in the USA I will ever consider buying in the future.

The 07 is one big cluster-f*** under it's beauty cover. Noting at all is simple on it. Even basic operations like changing the air filters or changing the drive belt looks very overcomplicated and poorly engineered.

It's too cost based, low emissions focused, lower economy, over complicated, and is only for selling more cars, not creating loyal followers.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

burn ATF, kerosene & to Hell with tree-hugging

Originally Posted by 240D 3.0T
IMHO, the 2006 E320 with the I-6 is the newest MB diesel in the USA I will ever consider buying in the future.

The 07 is one big cluster-f*** under it's beauty cover. Noting at all is simple on it. Even basic operations like changing the air filters or changing the drive belt looks very overcomplicated and poorly engineered.

It's too cost based, low emissions focused, lower economy, over complicated, and is only for selling more cars, not creating loyal followers.
Unfortunately I agree with you 240.

I want to do all the things Bluetec owners cannot. I am going to chip the straight 6 and blow a whole lot of black smoke without any particulate filter and have fun.

The purchase of a non-Bluetec diesel means we can grandfather the comon rail engines while the Bluetec guys have to comply with new ever tightening new rules. It is 1970 all over again. It is like the last call for buying a high horse V-8 big block hemi with no catalytic converter folks! Is this crazy or what?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Thanks. The only reason I am in this thread is I am very close to ordering a new GL320CDI. I have had several wagons and diesel sedans (all MB) and I want to get back to my roots...:-)
You're not going to trade the S550 are you?

Please say you aren't!

M
Old 12-26-2006, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Germancar1
You're not going to trade the S550 are you?

Please say you aren't!

M
That's a real possibility unless I can find someone on this forum who would like to buy it. If there is they can PM me for details.

I have enjoyed the S experience and think the new S is the best MB ever made. But I want to do some roaming in the west and many roads are gravel or single lane secondary roads and the new CDI would be excellent. I don't need any advice about not doing it or long explanations of why I have decided to sell it...at my age I take advantage of the moment...:-)))

Sorry to get off topic...I will post on the 221 thread regarding the S when things are firm.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
That's a real possibility unless I can find someone on this forum who would like to buy it. If there is they can PM me for details.

I have enjoyed the S experience and think the new S is the best MB ever made. But I want to do some roaming in the west and many roads are gravel or single lane secondary roads and the new CDI would be excellent. I don't need any advice about not doing it or long explanations of why I have decided to sell it...at my age I take advantage of the moment...:-)))

Sorry to get off topic...I will post on the 221 thread regarding the S when things are firm.
Ok I'm officially sad. I figured out what you have, NMEFYS. New Mercedes Every Few Years Syndrome. There is no cure...lol!

M
Old 12-27-2006, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Germancar1
Ok I'm officially sad. I figured out what you have, NMEFYS. New Mercedes Every Few Years Syndrome. There is no cure...lol!

M
You may be right...but it's a syndrome I can suffer with...:-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cdi Vs 2007 Bluetec