anyone know where i can get a stage 2 chip for my MB
Old 11-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1982 300D VNT, 1980 240D 3.0T, 1982 300TD
Stage 2 is what? What is stage 1?
Old 11-25-2006, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its on husks323 sig... i pmed him im waiting for a response.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDi, 2008 3/4 Ton Suburban, 2007 "rice rickshaw" Accord 5 speed
Carlsson or Kleemann tuning box

Originally Posted by mv420xx
You did not say what year or model but these 2 are reputable makes.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:25 PM

sorry its in my sig, ive checked those sites but cant find anything for my car.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Smile Yes, I think I can.

IF you are speaking of a more powerful "tune" than what is generally available,
you might want to consider talking to Oliver at SpeedTuning.com.

See: http://www.speedtuningusa.com/

Oliver has a program for your car that I used in mine that he does not show on the website,
and it may be that that particular program made so much torque that I lost my tranny.
I cannot, of course, be positive about that.

He say that there is 222 horsepower, but much more importantly, approximately 310 ft/lb torque.

He is located in Spencerville, MD 20868. He charges $275, and I paid the overnight UPS charges both ways.
You will only be doing without your Benz for less than 48 hours.

Tell him I recommended him. Let us know how it works out should you go ahead and use his program.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by mv420xx
Old 11-25-2006, 09:50 PM

thank you,
i will call them monday and see what he has for me...
Old 11-27-2006, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

$275 is cheap

Originally Posted by Green E-300 DT

Oliver has a program for your car that I used in mine that he does not show on the website,
and it may be that that particular program made so much torque that I lost my tranny.

He say that there is 222 horsepower, but much more importantly, approximately 310 ft/lb torque.

He is located in Spencerville, MD 20868. He charges $275, and I paid the overnight UPS charges both ways.

Tell him I recommended him. Let us know how it works out should you go ahead and use his program.

Good luck.

I recall that I paid about the same for my 1999 VW Jetta TDi Absolute chip. Never regretted chipping the car. It made a good engine even better. Some other diesel chip makers are not so good. Lots of black smoke etc so if you have found a reliable one stick to it.

I read on this site that Kleemann and Carlsson are reputable and since they are European companies (German and Danish) presumably knows more about MB diesels. CDi Ken is a Carlsson user I think.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:33 PM

Say Inexpensive not Cheap.

The modification you did to your '99 TDI was an Upsolute, not Absolute.
You were able to gain approximately 50 ft/lb torque over stock using their program.
My question to you is this: Why did you stop there?
Why didn't you continue and install PP520 injector nozzles, and really make it perform?
Mine had somewhere in the neighborhood of 265 ft/lb torque, and traction
was a real problem even with my wider than stock tires 215/60-15s.

BTW, you are correct. There are indeed better chip modifications available for the TDIs today,
but back then, Upsolute was one of the few if not the only chip computer modifiers around.
You mentioned Chip 2. It is an excellent example of one of the better TDI chips available today.

As far as Kleemann and Carlsson are concerned, I've heard glowing reports about them, especially Carlsson.
But the person who was blowing their own horn about Carlsson had a CDI, and he indicated
that he thought that Oliver was uneducated and didn't know what he was doing.
He would say things like "go ahead, but you are taking a big chance, etc." Miles from the truth BTW.
IF you have the extra money and want to throw away approximately $1600 for a modification
that may not be as good as the one Oliver does for only $275, go ahead and be my quest.

Most of these tuners get their programs from abroad anyway, and who is to say that
the ones that Oliver uses are not the same as Kleemanns' and/or Carlssons'?
I don't know, but I do not have that kind of money to throw around.

Have you talked to Oliver yet? What did he have to say?

Good luck.

Old 11-30-2006, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good value, not cheap

The modification you did to your '99 TDI was an Upsolute, not Absolute.
You were able to gain approximately 50 ft/lb torque over stock using their program.
My question to you is this: Why did you stop there?
Why didn't you continue and install PP520 injector nozzles, and really make it perform?
Mine had somewhere in the neighborhood of 265 ft/lb torque, and traction
was a real problem even with my wider than stock tires 215/60-15s.

BTW, you are correct. There are indeed better chip modifications available for the TDIs today,
but back then, Upsolute was one of the few if not the only chip computer modifiers around.
You mentioned Chip 2. It is an excellent example of one of the better TDI chips available today.

As far as Kleemann and Carlsson are concerned, I've heard glowing reports about them, especially Carlsson.
But the person who was blowing their own horn about Carlsson had a CDI, and he indicated
that he thought that Oliver was uneducated and didn't know what he was doing.
He would say things like "go ahead, but you are taking a big chance, etc." Miles from the truth BTW.
IF you have the extra money and want to throw away approximately $1600 for a modification
that may not be as good as the one Oliver does for only $275, go ahead and be my quest.

Most of these tuners get their programs from abroad anyway, and who is to say that
the ones that Oliver uses are not the same as Kleemanns' and/or Carlssons'?
I don't know, but I do not have that kind of money to throw around.

Have you talked to Oliver yet? What did he have to say?

Good luck.

You are right. The maker is Upsolute not Absolute. 3 reasons for not going for higher power. Firstly, the 1999 car, a series iii, had rear drum brakes which are not very good at their work. Secondly, the turbo started making funny noises and I did not want to make them worse. I had the car for 4 years and chipped it half way through my ownership. Thirdly, my son drives the car and I did not want him to go too fast.

I am tempted to get a Bluetec. The salesman at MB wanted too much for a demo 2006 inline CDi and for not much more for a Bluetec so I am going in for a test drive soon with the new model. Did someone say the new 7 G automatic transmission is not very reliable despite its long availability?

There are not very many discussions on the Bluetec and the 7 G.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:08 AM

Talking Various Comments . . .

Don't sweat the rear drum brakes.
They just sort of go along for the ride, as the fronts do most of the work all of the time.
My Kona Focus has rear drums also. I've not had a problem with them in over six years, although
at my age, I am very easy on brakes, even though I do "high-ball it" but not on city streets.

Funny noises you say?

Self-discipline for your son is the key here. Of course, that is a tall order for the youth.

If I could affort one, I'd have a new (2007 only) Bluetec in a nano-second!
In fact, if we can sell our relatively new home here in the Colony, we will be moving
to AZ and I will order one via the EDP program and go to Germany to pick it up.

I do not subscribe to the oft stated supposed fact that the older
straight six is superior to the newer 3.0L diesel V6 motor!

That newer designed 3.0L V6 diesel motor is not only superior in every way IMHO, but is proven already by
the many publicity stunts to which it has been subjected, such as the record setting 100K miles
in only thirty days at an average speed of approximately 140 mph and then later,
the 900 plus miles for each vehicle accross TX on only one tank of fuel!
I cannot discover at what speeds this was done, but with that new for the Americas 7G-TRONIC and V6
Diesel combination with its' tall gearing (2.65 X 0.73) I am sure that at todays' highway speeds, that
high-geared combination with the higher low rpm torque (up to 400 ft/lb depending on where you
source that information) combined with their excellent low C/D, that vehicle will do rather well fuel
economy wise as evidenced by that more that 900 (982 miles ?) on one tank of fuel run.

As far as problems with the newer 7G-TRONIC transmission, I've heard comments by a
few about how their trannys will "clunk" as their car comes to a stop
just as the trans will go back into first (the lowest) gear.
Isn't there a factory bulletin to correct this problem?
Also, I have always driven my MBZ cars using the "C" or "W" selection which forces the trans
to start off from rest in second gear which should eliminates that problem, right?
I am driving my son-in-laws '97 E-420 to have a couple of minor problems corrected,
and it simply responds brillantly when forced to start off from rest in second gear.
It has a 2.82 rear axle ratio, but not nearly the factory stock torque of the late diesels,
and what torque it does have is at not nearly as low rpms as the late diesels.

I think MBZ has discovered how to make the new 7G-TRONIC transmission stronger and
more durable. Witness now that it is being used in the new E-63 and other high H/P applications.

You are correct. There are still plenty of 2006 and even 2005 new CDIs available, and to see the
prices that some of these dealers are attempting to get makes me ask "what have they been smoking?"
Get on the AutoTrader site and discover how many new left-over CDIs there are advertised.
Do they believe that B/S that because they are straight sixes and have the older, now obsolete transmission t
hat these now obsolete diesels are better and therefore worth as much as the newer better (IMHO) models?

BTW, not to pry, but what was the dealers' offer price-wise on the Bluetec?

And what was the deal on the CDI?

Remember that the newer '07 Bluetecs have only been available here in N A since mid-October,
and not that many are yet in the hands of those of us that love to talk about'em!
Wait until a few are out and about, and we will see the chorus sing loudly their praises.

"Try it, you'll like it!"

Good luck.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:45 PM

Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by harkgar
Did someone say the new 7 G automatic transmission is not very reliable despite its long availability?
The old 5-speed is a stronger transmission, no question. The 7-speed cannot handle the torque of the forced-induction MB models (the new naturally-aspirated AMG 6.3 has less torque than the supercharged 5.5 it replaces). How that applies to the diesel E-class is anybody's guess, but most will wager that a less-delicate transmission will last longer.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

there are different 5 speeds

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
The old 5-speed is a stronger transmission, no question. The 7-speed cannot handle the torque of the forced-induction MB models (the new naturally-aspirated AMG 6.3 has less torque than the supercharged 5.5 it replaces). How that applies to the diesel E-class is anybody's guess, but most will wager that a less-delicate transmission will last longer.

Alan,

There are the AMG ones sourced from the last generation V-12 S-Class with heavy duty bits and the ordinary V-8 5 speed automatic transmissions. I do not know whether the Bluetec E has the V-12 or V-8 type.

I do know that the supercharged SL55 has the old heavy duty 5 speed while the SL550 has the 7-G.

Only time and experience can tell. I look forward to new reports.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mistake!

Alan,

When I said "Bluetec" I meant the 2006 in line six. The 2005-2006 cars have a 5 speed transmission while all 2007 Bluetec engines are coupled with the 7-G.

Sorry.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:38 AM

Tesla Roadster Sport
Don't sweat the rear drum brakes.
They just sort of go along for the ride, as the fronts do most of the work all of the time.
My Kona Focus has rear drums also. I've not had a problem with them in over six years, although
at my age, I am very easy on brakes, even though I do "high-ball it" but not on city streets.

Funny noises you say?

Self-discipline for your son is the key here. Of course, that is a tall order for the youth.

In fact, if we can sell our relatively new home here in the Colony, we will be moving

That newer designed 3.0L V6 diesel motor is not only superior in every way IMHO, but is proven already by
the many publicity stunts to which it has been subjected, such as the record setting 100K miles
in only thirty days at an average speed of approximately 140 mph and then later,
I cannot discover at what speeds this was done, but with that new for the Americas 7G-TRONIC and V6
Diesel combination with its' tall gearing (2.65 X 0.73) I am sure that at todays' highway speeds, that
high-geared combination with the higher low rpm torque (up to 400 ft/lb depending on where you
source that information) combined with their excellent low C/D, that vehicle will do rather well fuel
economy wise as evidenced by that more that 900 (982 miles ?) on one tank of fuel run.

As far as problems with the newer 7G-TRONIC transmission, I've heard comments by a
Also, I have always driven my MBZ cars using the "C" or "W" selection which forces the trans
to start off from rest in second gear which should eliminates that problem, right?
I am driving my son-in-laws '97 E-420 to have a couple of minor problems corrected,
and it simply responds brillantly when forced to start off from rest in second gear.
It has a 2.82 rear axle ratio, but not nearly the factory stock torque of the late diesels,

I think MBZ has discovered how to make the new 7G-TRONIC transmission stronger and
more durable. Witness now that it is being used in the new E-63 and other high H/P applications.

You are correct. There are still plenty of 2006 and even 2005 new CDIs available, and to see the
prices that some of these dealers are attempting to get makes me ask "what have they been smoking?"
Get on the AutoTrader site and discover how many new left-over CDIs there are advertised.
Do they believe that B/S that because they are straight sixes and have the older, now obsolete transmission t
hat these now obsolete diesels are better and therefore worth as much as the newer better (IMHO) models?

Remember that the newer '07 Bluetecs have only been available here in N A since mid-October,
and not that many are yet in the hands of those of us that love to talk about'em!
Wait until a few are out and about, and we will see the chorus sing loudly their praises.

Good luck.

Green

how is it going I have that black e300 that I chipped, I didn't notice a huge difference at first now my car really rolls the smoke. Did your white e300 ever sell? I never got a chance to get down there and test drive it. I added a less restrictive airfilter and I wore out my tires in 5k after chipping it and adding the airfilter. That chip really makes the 606 sing.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no good saleman

[QUOTE=Green E-300 DT;1864977]Don't sweat the rear drum brakes.

Funny noises you say?

Good luck.

Green DT,

The VW I had did 40 mpg city and 50 mpg highway with each and every tank of diesel without exception. I floor the go pedal to the metal in all radar free zones. What did you get for your 300?

The MB sales guy called me at the last minute to say the Bluetec was sold and he has 2 straight sixes with 5,400 miles and 2,000 miles, both low spec examples. He wants 66k and 68k Canadian (exchange rate US1.00=CD1.14) for them which is crazy. The Toronto dealerships are 99% owned by MB of the Fatherland so they can control prices. It sucks.

A basic 2007 new Bluetec is CD$69k but realistically we have to pay CD$73k for a well decked out example plus 14% provincial and federal taxes. There is not a huge difference in price between the 2 demos and the new Bluetec.

Prices are definitely lower in the USA after allowing for the exchange rate.

Sorry, no test drive and therefore no reports. He is going to call me when a new one arrives. I told him not to sweat it.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:23 PM

Talking Yes, It Did.

Sorry I don't remember your name. I am bad about remembering names.

Yes, it must have sold right away, because soon after we spoke way
back when (?), that dealer no longer was showing it in his inventory.

A similar thing when I first got mine chipped. At first, I was a little bit disappointed.

As I recall, you got the same chip installed by Oliver, didn't you?

Mine would go like mad up and well into second gear, and then act like it was running out of juice.
Which it must have been, as it had been many thousands of miles since I first got the car, and I had never
changed the main fuel filter, so who knows how long it had gone since that filter had been changed?

I changed it (really hard to start after that) but that is what the problem turned out being.
After putting in that new filter cartridge, it moved better, and would not act like it wasn't getting enough fuel, and would simply continue to pull in any gear at any speed.
Hard to believe that it mine only had approximately 310 ft/lb torque.
It felt like it had much more.

Shortly thereafter, the tranny went south, so I called the bank and had them repop it. I couldn't afford to get the trans fixed.

BTW, I do really miss that running machine.

Originally Posted by husk323
Green

how is it going I have that black e300 that I chipped, I didn't notice a huge difference at first now my car really rolls the smoke. Did your white e300 ever sell? I never got a chance to get down there and test drive it. I added a less restrictive airfilter and I wore out my tires in 5k after chipping it and adding the airfilter. That chip really makes the 606 sing.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 PM

There's no way of knowing what the dealers are dealing here in California because we cannot get
the Bluetecs in California new 'til MY 2008 when they'll have the juice thing added to the mix.
Then, and only then, will that satisfy the bast...s at the C A R B.

(Can you imagine? The MBZ rep at the L A Autoshow told me that the 2007s will pass C A R B,
but MBZ did not want to spend the money to get them tested for just the one MY!)

Last time I checked AutoTrader, there were more than 100 new '07 Bluetecs listed throughout the U S.
The closest dealer that lists any is in S L City, Utah, some 600 miles away.
Perhaps there are some in Lost Wages, which is less than 300 miles distant.

Base price in USD without options is about $52,300.

Sooner or later, someone here will tell us what kind of a deal they got, I hope.

Can't you find a dealer out of your area and maybe have him arrange EDD?
That might save you a bundle?
Or buy one in the states and import it used to CA?
I guess they would wack you duty and those taxes.

Given the fact that these MBZ run Canadian dealers won't really deal,
plus the GST taxes etc., kind of spoils the game, n'est pas?

I too had a TDI. 2002 automatic Wagon. Upsoluted with PP520 injectors.
30 MPG around town; 40 on the highway. Maybe it would have done a little better IF I could
have kept my big foot out of it, but it was so much fun to dust the rice burners.
No traction at all after about 10-15 feet, even with 215s all around.

Just to see the look on those young hotroddrs' faces! Priceless.

Hope you do get to at leasty test drive one soon.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There's no way of knowing what the dealers are dealing here in California because we cannot get
the Bluetecs in California new 'til MY 2008 when they'll have the juice thing added to the mix.
Then, and only then, will that satisfy the bast...s at the C A R B.

(Can you imagine? The MBZ rep at the L A Autoshow told me that the 2007s will pass C A R B,
but MBZ did not want to spend the money to get them tested for just the one MY!)

Last time I checked AutoTrader, there were more than 100 new '07 Bluetecs listed throughout the U S.
The closest dealer that lists any is in S L City, Utah, some 600 miles away.
Perhaps there are some in Lost Wages, which is less than 300 miles distant.

Base price in USD without options is about $52,300.

Sooner or later, someone here will tell us what kind of a deal they got, I hope.

Can't you find a dealer out of your area and maybe have him arrange EDD?
That might save you a bundle?
Or buy one in the states and import it used to CA?
I guess they would wack you duty and those taxes.

Given the fact that these MBZ run Canadian dealers won't really deal,
plus the GST taxes etc., kind of spoils the game, n'est pas?

I too had a TDI. 2002 automatic Wagon. Upsoluted with PP520 injectors.
30 MPG around town; 40 on the highway. Maybe it would have done a little better IF I could
have kept my big foot out of it, but it was so much fun to dust the rice burners.
No traction at all after about 10-15 feet, even with 215s all around.

Just to see the look on those young hotroddrs' faces! Priceless.

Hope you do get to at leasty test drive one soon.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Wow that is real cheap, under CD$60,000.00. What is EDD? Canadian cars have km/h not mph on the speedo outer rim and it is harder to sell and maybe need re-certification.

Presumably your VW is a Passat with the 2 liter engine and automatic transmission as Jetta stick cars do much better than 30 mpg. Upsolute is very good though I have no experience with those injectors you mentioned. The Passat comes standard with 130+ horses which means you are running with 160+ horses and much more torque. I actually enjoy seeing blue or black smoke when accelerating. I believe 40% of VW with the diesel option in Canada were sold that way.

Keep in touch.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:48 PM

EDD or EDP is a MBZ program for taking delivery of certain selected models at the factory.
With EDP, MBZ gives you seven percent right off the top, but not on the optional extras, just the base retail.
This includes insurance for 15 days, and shipping to the U S after you are through with the car there in Europe.
You do not have to pay the manditory $775 destination charge for delivery within the U S either, I believe.

See: http://www.mbusa.com/edp/vehicles/lineup.do

You say CD$60K is cheap. How much are the E-320 Bluetecs up there?

No, my 2002 VW was a Jetta automatic wagon (Variant) with a 1.9L 90 H/P weakling motor.
That's until it was chipped (UpSoluted) and I installed PP520 (KERMa) injectors.
There are much better computer programs (Chips) available now than were available back then.

The 2005 Passat TDIs could not be had in N A with a stick; Only a Tiptronic five speed.
Not a bad tranny either BTW.

Get on Freds (http://forums.tdiclub.com/) and read from now 'til doomsday about the TDIs.
You will find quite a bit of info. about many other diesels there also.
You'll not believe the information that is available there.
BTW, Fred is a Canadian, and started that website even though he didn't have a TDI yet back in '99.
When I just now looked, there are 53,981 members listed with 16,957 active members onboard.
Some group aye?

It is said that the automatic TDIs take a 20 % hit in fuel economy when compared to the manual five-speeds.

There have been no Passat diesels sold stateside (and Canada?) since MY2005.

Good luck in your search for a Bluetec MBZ. Maybe you'd be happy with the new upcoming Bluetec Passat?

Old 12-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
Green,

I heard about your transmission problems, and I have been having my Transmision fluid, filter etc changed every 40k. Right after I had it chipped I changed the fluid. Hopefully that is enough to prolong the transmission. There was a white turbo diesel being sold in my area a couple weeks ago I wonder if it was the same one? not sure They wanted an arm and a leg. The best thing you can do in conjunction with the chip is add a filter.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Almost a Member!

07 Bluetec P2 package panaroma sunroof wood and leather steering wheel, keyless go
Red face EDP Program

Hello all, I purchased my 07 Bluetec thruogh the EDP program. I got the P2 package with panoroma roof and wood and leather steering wheel. I will be headed to Stuttgart on Thursday and taking possesion on the same day. I saved about $4750 total on the car even after buying tickets and hotels. The only problem is the wait. I ordered the car in Oct and probally will not see the car until May! That sucks but they tell 6 to 8 weeks after turning it in for shipping to the US. If it is damaged you may have to wait even longer up to 3weeks. They only deliver to 2 ports Jacksonville or Baltimore. So you will also have to wait for it to be delivered to your local MB dealer. while making insurance and car payments with no car depending on who finances it. If I would have paid for the car at the dealer it would have cost about $59k+. Doing that program requires lots of time to wait. I sit and wonder when I'll finally have my car looking at others and going someday. Then you pay the state taxes. But I am hoping it all worth it when I am finally driving my car in New Orleans
Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 PM

Good luck.

so i send my ecu to him? he flashes the ecu sends it back and i put it in. can i go to him and have it done same day, cause soon after id like to dyno. why do they call it the power chip, is it a piggy back? im confused on what im getting.

275 is a good deal if i get some good results. i have factory (177/330) after chip im supposed to have (218/412) what do u think ill be at the wheels with just this mod? i might do a catless DP with cutout.

can i upgrade my turbo? do i have an intercooler? what boost are these diesels running at?
sorry for the questions. i cant find what im looking for through search.

the power box is slightly less at (212/385)
Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Various . .

Yes, that's what you need to do. If you are located in his area, you could
contact Oliver and see if going to him is within the possibilities.

He has two programs. The soldered in (different) chip and the "add-on" box.

The best one is the one where a different chip in soldered in place of your original factory chip.

The other program uses what you referred to as a "piggy-back" set-up, but it isn't as powerful
as the program Oliver uses when he changes the factory chip out for a new (different) chip
which he programs with one of at least two programs you choose.
He has at least two different programs that he can put onto that chip, and maybe more by now?

You don't need to change your factory turbo unless you choose to go really ballistic.
Yes, you do have a factory intercooler.
I don't know what the factory turbo pressures are.
Perhaps his programs raise that pressure limit; I don't know.
Maybe Oliver can answer that question for you?

I've no idea what the RW hp/tq figures are, but you will know that your car
does have more after you've install your reprogrammed computer!

You don't need to bypass your factory cat or exhaust system less you intend to go ballistic.
Make sure if you do go with the 218/412 NM program that your fuel filters are good.
When I had him chip mine, the car would go like mad through first and
second gear and then act like it was not getting enough juice.
When I change to a new spin on factory fuel filter, that problem went away.
There is no telling how long that filter had been on the car, as I had never change
it in the 40K miles I had put on the vehicle since I had purchased it used.

HTHs

Old 01-28-2007, 04:44 PM

Need to understand,

The torque and horsepower relativity. Horsepower determines overall acceleration NOT TORQUE.

I am a little peeved about hearing of the massive torque figures for the CDI's and not enough explanation about the 201 hp figure which is the one that counts. Sure a car may have nearly 400 lbs per ft of torque, but due to the low peak hp because of a limited engine speed range, it is a very peaky curve. The torque of the engine is multiplied by the gearing of the transmission, and then further multiplied by the differential.

Guys, an E320 gasser sedan with 232 lb/ft of torque makes a maximum of 2778 lb/ft (3.07 x 3.90) in first gear while an E320 CDI makes 3813 lb/ft (assuming 369 lb/ft 2.65 x 3.90) in first gear. Then consider the peak hp occurs at 4200 rpm for the CDI and about 5750 rpm for the gasser. After these engine speeds, the torque curve will trail off significantly.

4200 is 73% of 5750. Thus you need to take the 3813 lb/ft of the diesel and multiply it by 0.73 which equals 2783 lb/ft of maximum thrust in 1st gear.

An E320 CDI made for the American market, stock for stock has NO ACCELERATION ADVANTAGE over a well kept E320 gasser sedan. They are EQUAL, except for (uncapped) top speed where the gasser will achieve a slightly higher top speed thanks to its higher peak hp.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stage 2 Chip