E-Class Coupe (C207) & Cabrio (A207) 2010-: E250CDI Coupe, E350 Coupe, E350CDI Coupe, E500 Coupe, E550 Coupe [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Command Online

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eclass Cabriolet A207
Command Online

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has just taken delivery on a new class coupe.

I am very jealous as he has a beautiful colour display in between the rev counter but the option i would like to understand and see if its just a software update is the command online option.

please see the attached picture.

with this option you can surf the web as it connects through your mobile phones internet as well as a separate option for checking the weather.

one other thing i noticed on the sat nav itself is the map tells you depending on the road itself the SPEED LIMIT of the road.

anyway, can anyone advise if this is just a software update for both of these extras?
Attached Thumbnails Command Online-img-20110714-00107.jpg  
Old 07-14-2011, 05:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
B8.5 Audi S5 3.0 TFSI Coupe
I'm not 100% on whether there are some hardware changes to the actual COMAND unit or whether it is just a software update, dealer are looking in to it for me so should know soon.. I think there's more than just a software update though because I've had my COMAND updated to the latest version with the 3D maps etc but no extra functionality.

The Speed Limit assist, it has a camera located in the top of the screen along with the sensors for the light levels, rain sensor etc but it is hopeless. I had a new C-Class for 4 days with it and if the sign is partially blocked by a branch or a leaf or it's dirty the camera can't read it so defaults to the national speed limit, also some signs it missed so displayed the national speed limit when it really was a 40-limit which can be dangerous if you end up causing an accident going by what the speed limit assist displays, bit of a waste if you ask me because my eyes work perfectly fine but then again I've got a Road Angel too.

One thing I want to really know is if the colour screen in the dials can be retrofitted, I reckon it can!!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 AM

Eclass Cabriolet A207
hi dr nab,

would you be so kind to go into ur navi screen and highlight navi at the top and scroll down to map version and let me know which version you have installed as mine reads v3.1 as i also would like to have the 3d map enabled?

many thanks and please let me know once dealer comes back to you regarding colour screen and command online.

many thanks

Alex
Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM

Hey Alex, been into the navi and got the pics and an example of the 3D mapping, still waiting to hear back regarding the comand online and screen but will let you know when I do find out.

Did you end up getting the 500 tips on your car? If so was there any difficulties with the way that the tips sit in relation to the actual exhausts, like did you have any additional pipework done?

Hope that helps.. the dealers will do the update free you just have to ask them then they *have* to do it, takes a couple of hours to install but worth it, the bluetooth streaming is better than using the unlockable one from the engineering menu.

Nab
Attached Thumbnails Command Online-photo.jpg   Command Online-photo3.jpg   Command Online-photo2.jpg  

Last edited by Dr-Nab; 07-14-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: forgot pics..
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 AM

Eclass Cabriolet A207
Originally Posted by Dr-Nab

Did you end up getting the 500 tips on your car? If so was there any difficulties with the way that the tips sit in relation to the actual exhausts, like did you have any additional pipework done?

Nab
Hi Dr Nab

I must say i have been admiring your car on MBworld for some time and i do love the mods you have done.

yes i managed to order the rear tips in with the rear diffuser, i had them installed straight over the old tips with no additional works carried out however as you can see they dont sit perfect, they are slightly angled.

I ordered the same tips for a friend of mine on his e coupe and he had the tips cut and welded so they fitted perfectly. im thinking of having mine sent back to the garage so i can have them redone. just havent had the time just yet.

i also have had the rear amg spoiler added which does set the back of the car off, ill upload a picture later today for you.

i look forward to hearing from you on the command and retrofit.

many thanks

Alex
Attached Thumbnails Command Online-500tips.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 AM

Thanks Alex very much looking forward to seeing pics with the spoiler, are you still running with Kahn RSX's? I'm sure it was your car that had them on it looks stunning on them only thing I really need is a spoiler, exhaust and diffuser but they're all in hand thanks to efan on here, not sure which exhaust to go with so having 500 tips in the meantime.

I think the only other things I could do is go with bigger wheels but then that will compromise the ride and lower it but there could be difficulties afterwards plus the roads in England are as you'll know awful at the very best so don't want to be shelling out on tyres every time they blow out over potholes!

Probably going to lightly smoke all the front lamps except the DRLs and get the red sections of the rears tinted to a crimson shade a la SL55 but those aren't things that require a great amount of effort and thought, which is why I've shifted towards looking into retrofitting the colour screen tft in the dash, my service manager reckons it's doable but have to wait and see from MB, bet it will be a costly retrofit though!!

Nab
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM

Eclass Cabriolet A207
hi Nab,

yup that was mine with the 20"kahn rsx. i originally started off with the carlson eclass wheels but i personally didnt like the on my car so i upgraded to the 20's rsx. (i have these for sale as well as the kahn rsx if you know any1)

i recently took the kahns off as the ride comfort was jeopardized severely. i really want to get the new amg 19" wheels that you can now upgrade to on the eclass when you purchase now.

i have attached pictures of the official amg spoiler, when you try to order this from mercedes they state that it wont fit if you have the amg sport package but i went ahead anyway and proves it can be fitted.

btw if you need any official mercedes parts i have friend within mercedes who can get 10-15% off all parts so ill be happy to forward you his number if you need.

regards

alex
Attached Thumbnails Command Online-img-20110715-00112.jpg   Command Online-img-20110715-00113.jpg   Command Online-img-20110715-00114.jpg   Command Online-img-20110715-00115.jpg  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the pictures Alex, looks great with the spoiler! I don't think I've seen those AMGs if they're new ones, I quite liked the 7-twin spoke ones but the way that the spokes sit mean they will be magnets for kerbs... well for me anyway I'd be really paranoid when trying to park so just went for the ones i've got.

I almost got the carlsson wheels but I think I saw a picture which said they were 20s when I thought they were the 19s so figured they may look a bit too small, that and the place that I wanted to buy them from wouldn't play ball with having 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears, they wanted to do 8.5s all round mumbling about arch work, just have wider rear tyres which put me off them all together, as it happened I got the 19s in the size and fitment I wanted with the tyres I wanted and have had no issues with the arches or the suspension.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 Coupe
Nice rides buddies!

Any updates on (how/if) we can upgrade to the online command system?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
COMAND online is a new HW and SW update to the unit which was in the E and several other cars. It can be distinguished by the replacement of the PCMCIA memory card slot with an SD card slot. The previous unit might be upgradeable but I don't think so.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Eclass Cabriolet A207
Originally Posted by mb23
Nice rides buddies!

Any updates on (how/if) we can upgrade to the online command system?
i have just spoken to very helpful game named Mark from this website

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/help.p...us&mode=update

he advises me that the colour centre instrument cluster that is in the new c class coupe can be retrofitted into the eclass.

he says it roughly cost around £500 for the cluster and then it needs to be coded. plus labour etc.

as for the command online, he also confirms this to be a hardware and software change and are currently working if this can be retrofitted into the eclass.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Word of advice, I wouldn't recommend racing out to get COMAND Online considering the limited devices it supports and the lack of speed as noted by a few reviewers.

ps. I posted up some info from my C Class in here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post4771130

pps. That being said, the interface is nice with a few tweaks but I personally wouldn't bother. The colour screen in the instrument cluster on the other hand is epic.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I'll not bother getting comand online retrofitted as ive heard a few people are having issues with the connection, the colour screen though I will get! Hope you're enjoying your new C-Class, the 250CDI/7G+ is a great combination.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Eclass Cabriolet A207
Nabs

i just got my car back from the dealership with the new installed update.

as you can see mine is version 5.o so just thought i give you the heads up to get the latest version.

unfortunately i still dont have the 3d maps.

can you confirm is your car a 10 plate or 60 plate?
Attached Thumbnails Command Online-img-20110727-00159.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM

That's great news that you've got the newest maps installed now, you have to enable it on the map view, think your can choose it as birds eye, 3D and something else, just click on the Navi sub menu and you can change it.

I'll ask to get it updated on my car when I get the wheels changed back over/have the dash replaced so thanks for letting me know there's a newer set of maps for 2011.

Spoke to Craig in service he said you'd called asking about the COMAND updates, I'll let him know that you've got it sorted, think he was on about ringing your dealership up and telling them about the correct version to update you to.

I need the newer maps anyway went on a trip "up norf" last week and one of the roads had changed but it's not on my maps so the Navi said I was off road and started chuntering on about making a u-turn which got annoying after a while!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Oh yeah... and my car is a 60-plate/2011 model year, just on private plates