E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

New Member on shopping spree

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
New Member on shopping spree

Hey Everyone....I've been on the board for awhile but never really posted. The first car I learned to drive was my Dad's 1993 300E 3.2L which was bought new in 93. She is still around and kicking a$$ at over 180K, she lives the retired life down in West Palm Beach FL, after a long 10 year stint going back and forth from CT to PA, with alot of NYC in between. Here's the 300...(sorry for the bad pic....only one I have for some reason)

The benzo's paint is pretty shot and the lower front bumper is a little busted up , but beyond that she is in great shape. I didn't like seeing her neglected so I decided to spend some money gettin her back in shape.....

So far I have bought:
1. Bilstien sport shocks....I don't really want to lower it, so I can fit 18's and not worry about bottoming out....anyone had issues upgrading shocks but leaving the stock springs??

2. LED Altezza Smoked Taillights....anything I need to know before installation??

3. Euro smoked headlights....I searched and read about the 4 pin to 6 pin connector issues.....I found one thread with part numbers for the new connectors and wiper delete panels for under the headlights, but was unsure if they were correct....can someone point me in the right direction?

4. Eyelids from a 95 C280....(hoping they somewhat fit)

Future Mods:

1. 18 inch Monoblock AMG replicas.....cant beat $500 on ebay for a classy wheel

2. Looking at front bumpers..... I don't really want to spend $1500 on a real AMG right now....and the full Wald ones dont get great reviews on this site....but im thinking about the Wald EX (utilizes stock upper bumper) the only issue is that it will take MemoryFab 8-10 weeks and $ 300 for shipping.....any other alternatives?

3. New paint job..... I want to paint the lower panels black also to make it look a bit newer.....anyone have experience with Maaco (the 1000+ job, not the $500 job) I keep hearing mixed reviews....if it comes down to it, I would rather wait, spend 3k and get it done right.

4. Thinking about doing the 94+ hood and grille...found some replacement parts at a pretty at a good price, especially If I repaint. any fitment issues on the earlier 93 124's?

5. Something is wrong with the drivers seat and the mechanics raise and lower the seat unevenly.....ideally I would like to do a seat swap with a newer C or E class ....

6. It sounds like you guys have had good experiences with the 500E swaybars......where can I pick these up and any fitment issues?

I really love this car and eventually will be doing a full engine / drivetrain swap....when our W202 S500 replaces the 300E in FL...so its time to start taking car of the cosmetics....

Last winter I installed the system and had the car tinted...
13inch Focal sub powered by a 600W USA amp
Rainbow audio replacement speakers 120W (dash and rear deck)
Kenwood KFC-1660S 6.5inch (front door)
The speakers get a boost of power from a USA 250W amp
JVC KD-AVX33 DVD /CD Reciever

I head down to FL on the 20th (DEC) and will be installing all these goodies then.... Im sure I will have questions and be bugging you guys....

and b/c im a total pic *****....

Heres my daily driver.... 05 Cayenne Turbo .... 414 awhp 460 awtq

Pic was taken on 07 AKA Rally

and when I need to be low -key 02 337 Big Turbo GTI ~ 330whp

Both have lots and lots of mods......I guess you could say im a bit addicted to this kinda stuff

I gotta hand it to you guys too.....your really doing great things with your 124's.....Ive been drooling over your cars for the past few nights instead of studying for finals.....

Sorry if most of these topics/ questions are beaten to death....but my search didnt turn up too much..... and some of the posts were a few years old....
Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM

90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
nice GTI by the way.....looks like you have Porsche calipers on it
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 PM

i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
Originally Posted by SAMM
wow i got to hand it to you that is a nice benz and other cars
Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 PM

i now drive a ford p71 i also own a 1988 ford f150 lariat
yes my car has been beaten to death one to many times taken out back and shot hit with the ugly stick and thrown off a cliff. but still leaves mechanics and many people woundering. how the f*&k dose it still run with out blowing up
Old 11-28-2007, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by SAMM
Thanks!! Good Eye....It has the Porsche 993 TT front brake setup.....talk about stopping on a dime.....

I guess you could say I have a thing for Euro's.... especially German cars....good thing I'm the one who picks all the cars for my family!!

The Benz under the car cover is a 1983 380SE with 90k bought new by my uncle..... he now drives an 08 S550 4matic

Our only non euro's are a pimped 5.7L jeep grand cherokee, pimped 02 5.3L Tahoe and a semi pimped 4.0L wrangler unlimited....
Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Jeezuhss Cayenne Turbos are over 100k new, what made you get a Cayenne instead of a 911 Turbo a couple years older? Either way, awesome taste! Looks like you did your homework on upgrades as well however be careful about which wheels you buy off ebay as you want the right offset and width. You will prolly need to roll fenders with 18s too.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
good ideas for the car, and it looks like you have the coin to back them up... this will probably be one of the quickest stock-to-balling conversions on the board!
you bought the bilstein sport shocks, but they are shorter than the regular ones, designed for lowering springs... if you don't intend to drop it, i would look at maybe getting the bilstein HD shocks instead. a better idea would be to get some lowering springs, and if you don't want a huge drop put bigger spring pads in to suit your taste.
also, you can get good replica wald front bumper addons on ebay, RBYCC has one and it looks and fits perfectly, i would maybe pm him and ask who he got it from, then e-mail them...
oh yeah, welcome!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Please don't ever use the word Altezza with our MB's please!!!

Nice cars, welcome to W124land!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 AM

90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=BoostedCayenne;2526561]Thanks!! Good Eye....It has the Porsche 993 TT front brake setup.....talk about stopping on a dime.....

whoa now thats big braking for that car. I guess those brakes could handle what up to 500 to 600bhp with the right discs and pads of course?

beautiful collection of cars and it shows you have the right taste for aesthetic modifications on German cars. Very subtle and discreet lines to match their original design.

Will you be repainting the 300 then?

I would personally go for genuine wheels if its possibly within your budget for this project. I can see you have loads of other expenses with the Cayenne and TGTI! I just have such a huge affection for the w124, personally, that it doesnt matter if I spend thousands on it and its worth a a third of my expenditure!

How about all black 18 AMG or Carlsson or those sexy ADR alloys without the polished lip? You already have the Smoked lights front/back and tints. What a transformation that would be!

Very interested in what it will look like, keep us updated!

SAM
Old 11-29-2007, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is a German Tank
hey boost, welcome to the forums!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by appatula
Jeezuhss Cayenne Turbos are over 100k new, what made you get a Cayenne instead of a 911 Turbo a couple years older? Either way, awesome taste! Looks like you did your homework on upgrades as well however be careful about which wheels you buy off ebay as you want the right offset and width. You will prolly need to roll fenders with 18s too.
Cayenne Turbo's can retail for over 100k FULLY loaded.....which is for an insane amount of non essential extras..... Mine MSRP'd at high 80's but I got it out the door for under 72 .....Still alot of money.....but its hands down the BEST suv on the market when you need a ton of performance and brute strength off road prowess.....The CTT kills my old 02 Tahoe in the snow and kills alot of other cars ( mainly m3's for some reason) on the road......

The 911 Turbo isnt practical enough for me right now..... I need something that can navigate the new england winter without blinking an eye.....but hopefully sometime down the road there will be a gt2 in the garage!!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM

So I still have some questions......
Wheels:
I really like the AMG monoblock II .... silver or black....who sells black ones??

Suspension:
Looks like I will be getting the H& R lowering springs b/c of the sport shocks......Where can I pick up a bigger spring pad for the 124? and what size would you guys run to fit 17's without too much rub???

Exterior:
I want to re-paint the 300.....but thats going to be a little bit further down the road.....at least until I figure out the front bumper situation......

The smoked headlights/ clear corners came in today and Im still waiting on the rest of the ordered parts.....
Is this info from this thread with part #s for the 6 pin connectors and lower wiper panel delete's correct?
Part Number for Headlight Trim Panel's without Holes:
124-889-05-63
124-889-06-63

Six Pin Connector:
126-545-128
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...nnector&page=2

Thanks for all the compliments guys!! and for not flaming the noob.....
Old 12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by BoostedCayenne
Cayenne Turbo's can retail for over 100k FULLY loaded.....which is for an insane amount of non essential extras..... Mine MSRP'd at high 80's but I got it out the door for under 72 .....Still alot of money.....but its hands down the BEST suv on the market when you need a ton of performance and brute strength off road prowess.....The CTT kills my old 02 Tahoe in the snow and kills alot of other cars ( mainly m3's for some reason) on the road......

The 911 Turbo isnt practical enough for me right now..... I need something that can navigate the new england winter without blinking an eye.....but hopefully sometime down the road there will be a gt2 in the garage!!
Good choice and I can understand your practibility issue, Go for the GT3 RS.... I saw one on the highway a while ago and god they have this presence about them, its just amazing.

BTW you can grab the lower wiper panel deletes for 19USD a pop at www.katmac.com
Old 12-04-2007, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG

3. Euro smoked headlights....I searched and read about the 4 pin to 6 pin connector issues.....I found one thread with part numbers for the new connectors and wiper delete panels for under the headlights, but was unsure if they were correct....can someone point me in the right direction?

can you post a link to where you got your headlights? i wanna see if they have those lights for my car. thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by svt ricco
can you post a link to where you got your headlights? i wanna see if they have those lights for my car. thanks
I got them on Ebay...... from the seller GTRacers

Thanks appatula!! I ordered the katmac trim panels and they are already shipped!!!

A few more parts rolled in....
1. Headlights
2. Taillights
3. New Antenna and motor

Soon to be arriving:
1. Shocks
2. Springs H&R (just ordered)
3. Trim Panels
4. Headlight Eyelids
5. Zorro's Grille

Need help with:
1. Spring Pads..... where to buy? which ones to get, the higher the better
2. 6 Pin Connectors.....where to buy? any guides on how to do the procedure?
3. Are the stock tails 4 pin also? The new ones are 6.....

Im still thinking about the front bumper issue.....but will wait until I repaint.....

I need wheels though..... I want either AMG monoblocks or similar Carlsson wheels ....ive found silver ones....but where are the black wheels

Thanks for all the help!!:bow ::bow :
Old 12-07-2007, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 C43 AMG
So I still have some questions......
Wheels:
I really like the AMG monoblock II .... silver or black....who sells black ones??

Suspension:
Looks like I will be getting the H& R lowering springs b/c of the sport shocks......Where can I pick up a bigger spring pad for the 124? and what size would you guys run to fit 17's without too much rub???

[
hey man! no one sells black monoblocks, you have to custom paint it yourself. as for your pad question, you can get it in the dealership for like $7 ea. if you want monoblock 17's, i have a set for sale with pirellis on it.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Range Rover Classic
Suspension:
If you get into rubbing issues there are AMG spacers to push out the fenders as well as AMG washers to limit the shock travel.

I haven't seen replica AMGs that were pre painted black. The original Monoblock IIs were ET44 however those are rare in the used market. More likely you'll find the ET35 intended for the C36 and C42. These will still fit.

Last edited by Eliot; 12-07-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
You won't rub with 17x7.5 et 35 rims on 215 or 225 lowered with H&R.

My car is much lower than an H&R setup and those mono IIs is what I ran for winter wheels with NO rub.