E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

crazy blinkers?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E 420
crazy blinkers?!

good day everyone.. last week while i was driving home i noticed something weird going on with my blinkers! It seems like it was missing a beat or something.. it would blink normal a few times and it would slow down and sometime skip a beat?!?! will at first i didnt think too much about it because it was late and i've been partying.. but today when i'm sober the problem is real! also I've notice the first click on my wiper speed control is not working either!! my question is are those two thing connected somehow..? can someone help a brotha out?!!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Originally Posted by childofjuly
good day everyone.. last week while i was driving home i noticed something weird going on with my blinkers! It seems like it was missing a beat or something.. it would blink normal a few times and it would slow down and sometime skip a beat?!?! will at first i didnt think too much about it because it was late and i've been partying.. but today when i'm sober the problem is real! also I've notice the first click on my wiper speed control is not working either!! my question is are those two thing connected somehow..? can someone help a brotha out?!!
2 things

First. irratic Blinker is probably a blinker switch is going bad. Look at a manual and find the location of them and swap it out.

Second. Driving unsober will usually lead to problems much bigger than your blinker acting funky and often will involve others at some level. I would remedy the later before the former.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1990 300ce
Agreed. WTF, buddy. If you're too inebriated to tell if it's the blinkers or you, there's no way in hell you should be behind the wheel.

I sure hope you have been in the passenger seat and not in the driver seat when you've been drunk or high. If not, you are a completely retard. No sympathy from me.

It's one thing if you were choosing to put your own life at risk, but you could easily kill somebody else. Knock it off.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
I'm not gonna give you **** about drinking and driving, I'm not your father. But GEDagget is right about that one. Just replace it and you'll be good to go.

I had that problem a while ago as well
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1995 E320 SE, 162,000 Miles (Sold)
It could also be a bad connection at one or both taillights. These sockets tend to be problematic, especially the ground. Mine used to do this from time to time as well.

And yeah- don't drink and drive! How many times do you have to hear it? How many innocent people have been killed or otherwise inconvenienced by drunk drivers? It's pointless. Have a couple drinks, hang out for a while, and go home. If you want to get wasted then drink at home or spend the night at someone else's home. Simple solution.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM

95 E320 Coupe, Diesel Golf
Actually dont listen to these guys, just continue to drink and drive, the sooner you are off the road the safer I will feel.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM

1995 E 420
thanks guys for the tip! But i dont drink nor smoke cigs (i am with the green team tho..)... i know you guys are tryin to keep me from hurting myself and others (or just to rip me a new a$$ hole) but I'm smarter than that! No joke that drink and driving kills but that was not the sitituation! thanks anyways! cheers!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM

1995 E 420
Originally Posted by Bigpete123
I sure hope you have been in the passenger seat and not in the driver seat when you've been drunk or high. If not, you are a completely retard.
again! i dont drink nor get high off PCP and drive! altho I do 420 (i'm not talking about my car) and that only leads to me driving like a grand ma and junk food! I think more people have died from just driving fast and crazy while sober or drunk than people that is taking a relaxing joy ride thats obeying all traffic laws (come on i was trying to use my blinker!!!)(and i know even that is against the law).. but they are not the same!

Last edited by childofjuly; 04-01-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
420!!!!
Nice...
I'm right there with ya mayne..
Old 04-01-2008, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
It's true. Driving HIGH off of weed is very different from driving drunk, or off another drug.

Drunk drivers kill people, Stoned drivers miss their exit on the highway!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:10 PM

1995 E 420
Originally Posted by STLe320
It's true. Driving HIGH off of weed is very different from driving drunk, or off another drug.

thanks for putting it "bluntly"
Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Someone say 420?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:22 PM

95 E320 Coupe, Diesel Golf
Originally Posted by STLe320

I know a guy who got so high, fell a sleep at the wheel, bearly survived...
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
O_o
Inebriation is inebriation, be it alcohol, weed, dehydration, etc, you can't think clearly. Dont even try to justify it, driving is difficult enough when you are fully possessed of your facilities. Dont take stupid risks. If you want to kill yourself, find a quiet way to do it where no one else gets hurt.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
O_o
Inebriation is inebriation, be it alcohol, weed, dehydration, etc, you can't think clearly. Dont even try to justify it, driving is difficult enough when you are fully possessed of your facilities. Dont take stupid risks. If you want to kill yourself, find a quiet way to do it where no one else gets hurt.
+1
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM

1994 E320 (current)
O_o
I think what we are seeing here is the difference between Kids and Men. Some Kids are just able to have nice things as Kids and take it for granted. Trust me boys if you don't learn what some of us older guys (31) are saying to you probably won't be to successful in life as a human being if you make it past your adolescence much at all. Hope you guys learn this stuff the easy way by listing to guys who have been there and seen it screw up enough lives to never act ignorant and carelessly again. When the cops pull you over and arrest you for DUI on pot just tell him that it actually makes you a safer driver and you just missed an exit or two and see if that gets you out of jail and keeps your license. Better yet just that to your folks when they come and bail you out. Trust me it's not worth the 1 hour buzz.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I'm not that old but I don't drink or smoke. I used to drink a lot but one day i was like f@ck this I don't need to be drinking to impress these douchebags. You know it's weird because I wanted to be cool and be part of the crowd but guess what? no one gives a *****!...

If you want to drink and get high off ur *** that's cool...If you offer me some i'll say no and that's that....If you want to start talking ***** i'll let you get drunk or high and then i'll kick your a$$...You won't remember a thing!

If you want to drive your car off a cliff that's cool too....If you want to drive drunk I suggest you go to the desert and drive in circles...Driving on the street where there are people and kids around that I don't respect.....
Old 04-01-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1990 300ce 24v I6
GED, thanks for the compliment, but Im only 20. I've been a bit of an oddity my whole life because I was never part of the drinking/drugs/random sex scene, it's always disgusted me a little. But yeah, I like YNVDs suggestion about the desert, I really would love to tear around on the Salt Flats in Nevada. That I think, anyone can enjoy and do for fun!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:59 PM

1994 E320 (current)
GED, thanks for the compliment, but Im only 20. I've been a bit of an oddity my whole life because I was never part of the drinking/drugs/random sex scene, it's always disgusted me a little. But yeah, I like YNVDs suggestion about the desert, I really would love to tear around on the Salt Flats in Nevada. That I think, anyone can enjoy and do for fun!
I guess it's more of a maturity thing. Some of you guys are standing out when others your age are standing around drunk and stupid. That's respectable. Sorry if I offended anyone by calling them old.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:17 PM

Mercedes benz 1991 300ce(RIP), now an 89 300ce
Originally Posted by GEDaggett
I guess it's more of a maturity thing. Some of you guys are standing out when others your age are standing around drunk and stupid. That's respectable. Sorry if I offended anyone by calling them old.
or drunk and stupid!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's alright- I'm 3 years older than you!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:16 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Okay kids.

Let's drop the subject and stay on topic to the whole point of this section as well as the forum itself - Mercedes-Benz for those of you who have forgotten.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:37 AM

1995 E 420
Originally Posted by vili1982
I know a guy who got so high, fell a sleep at the wheel, bearly survived...
he probably was doing more than just smoking! anyone that smoke knows that you dont fall asleep thats wasting! and if you smoked you'd know.. but i understand where you're comming from.. i know what i'm doing is wrong but its nothing like drinking and driving!! driving after smoke post about the same risk if not less than you speed to work everyday! yeah its against the law and yes people can die but it aint stoping you from doing it and you dont see me judging you!!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 AM

1995 E 420
I think what we are seeing here is the difference between Kids and Men. Some Kids are just able to have nice things as Kids and take it for granted. Trust me boys if you don't learn what some of us older guys (31) are saying to you probably won't be to successful in life as a human being if you make it past your adolescence much at all. Hope you guys learn this stuff the easy way by listing to guys who have been there and seen it screw up enough lives to never act ignorant and carelessly again. When the cops pull you over and arrest you for DUI on pot just tell him that it actually makes you a safer driver and you just missed an exit or two and see if that gets you out of jail and keeps your license. Better yet just that to your folks when they come and bail you out. Trust me it's not worth the 1 hour buzz.
i'm goin to be nice and not rip you too bad but who are you to decied whos a kid or men among everyone in here? you abousulty know nothing about any of us and all you are doin are making consumption! Personaly i dont know what you consider being "successful" is in life but i wouldnt be doing big talk unless i'm really moving something.. and you got to feel me on that man! this aint the first rodeo for any of us i'm sure but you're just talking stupid! who in the heck would tell the cops that "i smoke pot and it makes me a better driver"? hello? what are you smoking? I'm sorry that you been there and seen it screw up lives but thats not the case here man! i'm 27 and i work for everything i have I'm not sayin i'm more "successful" than you but i know I pay more taxes every year than some people double of my age.. you cant school me on life buddy! i'm asian! my parents perpaired me very well!

again! i want everyone to know that I dont even drink muchless drink while driving! so everyone needs to get off of that and quit tryin to act like daddy! the point is my blinker wasnt working when it needed to regarless whatever the heck i was on! and just because you smoke weed doesnt mean you're a kid or unsuccessful.. get over it!

Last edited by childofjuly; 04-02-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:55 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
Word.

Nicely done my child.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: crazy blinkers?!