E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

AAA Auto Insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAA Auto Insurance

I am thinking of moving from Allstate to AAA insurance for my house and car, but I wanted to see if any of you have had good/bad experience with them. Right now I have Allstate, which has been fine since I haven't needed them for anything.

Also, I chose to not renew my TeleAid and just go with a AAA premier account. The only thing in TeleAid that I liked was the door unlock feature, but the AAA has way more services that I would use. So if you have an opinion on that as well it would be much appreciated.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 PM

2013 Ford C Max Energi, 2013 Cadillac SRX
If I'm not mistaken AAA doesn't actually have insurance themselves, but represent multiple companies. They just act as a broker. Buying insurance this way is usually not the best way to go. You don't build a direct relationship with your insurance company. I think buying from a company you can deal directly with can be more advantageous. I would stick with the bigger companies like Allstate, Geico, Statefarm, and Progressive. They usually have much better and quicker service, and a couple of them are open 24/7. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I went through Allstate years ago and then transfer to Statefarm. The reason I transfered to statefarm because they went up.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I've been with GEICO for about 30 years. I switched there because the rates of others had been climbing thru the roof. I don't believe in any "relationship" with an insurance company... just good rates, and a good rating. Usually low rates mean a cheap payout on collision work, and specifying "LKQ" parts. (Like kind and quality= Used or aftermarket). Therefore, your best relationship needs to be with your bodyshop, who will do whatever he has to to make the repair in a MB Quality manner, with little or no out of pocket money from you. (I have $100 deductible on my cars, so it never costs me any out of pocket money.)

AAA is NOT an insurance company, so you have to know the company they will be steering you to. (Who will undoubtedly have beeen the low bidder for the AAA buisness, or the high bidder on the AAA referrals.)
Old 06-23-2007, 12:49 PM

GL350
http://www.insurancehotline.com/

This works great for me.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:02 PM

I have AAA and i've been with them for awhile and they are great. I came from Allstate but AAA saved me more money plus better service.. I have my house and auto insured with them so it has more saving with multiple insurance. I never had any problem with them, try calling them for free quote.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by jmeds1
I have AAA and i've been with them for awhile . . .
What insurance company did AAA set you up with?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:34 PM

‘08 E-350 Sport, C6 Vette & Harley Davidson
I have AAA roadside service but found their Auto Insurance several hundred
dollars higher then State Farm which has insured all my cars and properties
for about 50 years.

I've had car accident and real estate damage .. very happy with State Farm.

jimm

Last edited by jimm; 06-23-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
Originally Posted by cyclerider
What insurance company did AAA set you up with?

AAA. AAA might subcontracts the insurance to another company, but when u have an accident or file a claim, u file a claim with AAA, u dont deal with another company! just like those 0$ fraud & car and travel accident insurance from credit card, u file a claim with them, NOT with another company.
I have AAA car insurance for many years, and i'm very satisfied with their services! When u have an accident, they even covers aftermarket wheels!
and when your car is "totalled", they pay you the value of the car, plus TAX, plus any accessories, ie Aftermarket wheels, spoiler, etc (you need to show them your receipts). My mom' friend referred me to Statefarm or Allstate, i forgot which 1 and i could save 300$ a year. But i rather stay with AAA for the worry-free and hasslefree services.

Last edited by netboy; 06-23-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:17 PM

2013 Ford C Max Energi, 2013 Cadillac SRX
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I don't believe in any "relationship" with an insurance company...
There is a lot to be said for it... If you've been with a company for a short period of time and you have an accident, you will most likely get cancelled... then try getting insurance somewhere else (it will cost you quite a bit more)! If you've been with the same company for a number of years chances are your rate will not go up... If you're a preferred customer at Geico, you should get accident forgiveness after 5 years (and your rate will not go up one dime). If you're 50+ and in the preferred market, you may have a guaranteed renewal (this means you can't be cancelled for any reason other than non payment or license suspensions and will always get the preferred rate). People may say this isn't worth much because they're a good driver and have never had an accident, but it could be worth thousands if you do.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I was about for 5 years with AAA, they silently increased my pay every year, so I discovered that I pay $400 more than other companies can offer. I also had house insured with them. Really bad agent, never notified my mortgage companies, so I had to do it myself. I 'm glad that switched to other company.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:20 PM

'05 E500
I have been with AAA for four years now, and my premium has been going down every year for good driving record. Last year, we got into an accident and there was a dispute between us and the other party as to who was at fault. We had to make a claim against our own insurance. Later, AAA won the fight for us and returned our deductible. I was happy that they didn't raise our premium this year. I also have my home owner's insurance with them as well. I have recommended AAA to 5 of my friends, and all have saved money by switching to them.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I'm glad to hear a good experience with AAA. I think it's matter of having right agent with them. I can be wrong though. When I told them that I'm switching to other company, they were ready to offer me the same rate ($400 less).
Old 06-27-2007, 02:34 AM

‘08 E-350 Sport, C6 Vette & Harley Davidson
I checked with AARP, a couple of years back. They are
such a HUGE organization that, you’d think they’d give
their nice old members, like me, a GREAT price.

But they were way high compared to State Farm. I did
get a free calculator for checking with them, tho.

Also, I tried Geico for one year on my Harley Davidson
because I knew the sales lady. At the end of the term -
they tried to almost double my premium. And, I had no
accidents and nothing changed. That pissed me off so I
went back to State Farm for everything.

jimm

==========

In days .. 08 E350 Sport, P2, Black/black,
Parktronic, Voice, Bluetooth, Burl Walnut,
Split rear seat, Rear mud flaps, nose star

Last edited by jimm; 06-27-2007 at 03:16 PM.