E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2007 e350: RPMS idle high

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 w/ Sports Package
2007 e350: RPMS idle high

Hey, i drive an 07 e350 and I notice that when i accelerate that my car idles high. does this happen to anyone else? or am I just flooring it too hard?

Thanks!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by NJBENZ07
Hey, i drive an 07 e350 and I notice that when i accelerate that my car idles high. does this happen to anyone else? or am I just flooring it too hard?

Thanks!!!
Which mode do you have the tranny in? In sport mode, the tranny will go higher in the RPM's as you accelerate...in comfort mode, it'll switch gears sooner for a smoother ride...of course, when you floor it, it'll go all the way up
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM

E350 w/ Sports Package
Oh, when i read the manual i understood the S and C stood for Standard and Comfort but if it stands for Sport then I have it in Sport mode. S wastes more gas right? ill try not to floor too much..LOL...
Old 10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by NJBENZ07
Oh, when i read the manual i understood the S and C stood for Standard and Comfort but if it stands for Sport then I have it in Sport mode. S wastes more gas right? ill try not to floor too much..LOL...
Yeah, the S starts you off in 1st gear and has different shift points...the C starts you off in 2nd gear for a little smoother take off ...havent really had a chance to gauge fuel economy on either setting, but i would imagine it would effect it just a little...really depends on your driving style...I thought I would like S more, but tend to find myself in C most of the time
Old 10-18-2007, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
eah... S= Sometimes, C= Constantly
Old 10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
Yeah, the S starts you off in 1st gear and has different shift points...the C starts you off in 2nd gear for a little smoother take off ...havent really had a chance to gauge fuel economy on either setting, but i would imagine it would effect it just a little...really depends on your driving style...I thought I would like S more, but tend to find myself in C most of the time
I did not notice any difference in fuel economy driving in C or S mode in my Bluetec but C mode is definitely smoother and great for driving through stop start mode in traffic. I use S when I want to take off at a light or something.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 AM

E350 w/ Sports Package
cool..thanks..im not much of a car whiz...its just its annoying..especially when your at that red light..in the right turn only lane but you want to go straight..so you accelerate to overcome the car next to you but the damn rpms yell...so if i put it in C and it jumps from second gear..thats not bad right? or is it the case where you can only do that for a period of time...and not all the time...
Old 12-24-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
07' E63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankrizzo
Take a look over here first: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ut-timing.html

My theory - breather hose (PCV, diverter valve, heard about a hundred terms for it) goes bad, letting in un-metered air AFTER the MAFs, thus causing a rough idle, possible lean codes and or timing issues to compensate. The breather hose connects from the back of your crank case to the left rear of your intake manifold.

Maybe the techs aren't TSing it properly. My suggestion: Easiest first - replace the breather hose (either with or without the intake manifold removed) part # A1560100170, check this post to install with the manifold left on - sounds and looks like a pain though! https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-m156-e63.html

If you can't get to it or want to look around a bit more remove the intake manifold. Be sure to replace your gaskets and 1 time use bolts (A0049905312).

While you have the manifold off, open the belly pan and check the throttle-body plate adapter. I got mine off this weekend and unfortunately found it to be corroded just like Robert AMGs

It wasn't terribly difficult to get to, but successfully troubleshooting it was a bitter sweet experience - happy to find the source of the issue but pissed that MB doesn't sell a replacement plate itself! We have to purchase the entire intake manifold!

It would be awesome if Renntech sold their CNCd throttle-body housing/adapter plate as a replacement (found on their 82mm upgrade). I'd hate to spend the $2500 for an entire intake manifold, and have the issue pop back up later. On the other hand, the plate from Renntech looks robust, but $4k is hard to justify since all I need is the plate.

Quote by E63007-

I just spent the last month waiting for the title to come through on my purchase of a sweet 2007 E63. Another couple weeks with it at the body shop before I took it out for MY 1st Maiden Voyage only to find the Idle at start up reading 1100-1200 rpm! Talk about Bittersweet! It drives so well, with the exception of the slight pull to the right but I'm fully stocked to rebuild the front suspension, but when I brake to stop, the high Idle effects the kick down shifting such that it jumps when reaching 3rd and especially 2nd gear in "C" (Comfort) Mode!!!

I've searched long and hard on these forums to get an inkling of an idea on how to address this issue. Obviously the first would be to get Star Diagnostic, but I've yet to buy the Asian c4 or C5 etc. pCV/EGR hose leaks or faulty connections are two others at the top of the list. My car being NA (Non-turbo), I'm not certain how many vacuum hoses may need to be renewed, if any? Trying to find the answer to that question has proved to be a real time draw! Any confirmations along this line would be appreciated!!

Another possible cause is, of course, covered in this post. Being that this post is fairly recent, I was wondering if you all have seen this EBay Special for a "New" Aftermarket Intake Manifold Center Plate Gasket Kit??? $200 seems like it would be money well spent without having to pay $2000+ for entirely new Intake Manifold should this issue arise??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Benz-C6...-/172733474315

It certainly looks more beefy than OEM!