E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

COMAND HEAD UNIT software update to enable MP3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Avantgarde
The only reason I wanted to update is to get bluetooth work with my Nokia Lumia 1520. For some reason it gets connected but suddenly drops. My nokia is in authorised list and it says 'Paired' on my phone. Yet, it still refuses to work. Furthermore, I have updated Navigation Maps DVD 2014/15 but when I insert the DVD into the boot DVD drive it says updating in process on my command system but it crashes and reboots. When it comes back on it says No DVD.

I thought it would be the firmware that is causing these issues and if updated it'll sort out these issues.

MackHack, considering I have an old version, will you be able to help getting the new version please? I really appreciate your help so far.

Kind regards

J.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by JehanzebNavid
The only reason I wanted to update is to get bluetooth work with my Nokia Lumia 1520. For some reason it gets connected but suddenly drops. My nokia is in authorised list and it says 'Paired' on my phone. Yet, it still refuses to work. Furthermore, I have updated Navigation Maps DVD 2014/15 but when I insert the DVD into the boot DVD drive it says updating in process on my command system but it crashes and reboots. When it comes back on it says No DVD.

I thought it would be the firmware that is causing these issues and if updated it'll sort out these issues.

MackHack, considering I have an old version, will you be able to help getting the new version please? I really appreciate your help so far.

Kind regards

J.
You got some real issues here. I'll see what I can do tonight
Old 12-11-2014, 02:51 PM

E320 Avantgarde 3.2ltr W211
Originally Posted by Mackhack
You got some real issues here. I'll see what I can do tonight
Thank you. much appreciated

Regards

J.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:02 PM

E320 Avantgarde
I've managed to get my bluetooth and navigation disk to work. The bluetooth device in the armrest had to be held until blue light constantly flashes and then search for the bluetooth devices on the phone. It then displays MB Phone System on your phone. Click on it and enter the bluetooth code. It pairs up the Mobile phone.

With regards to the navigation 2014/15 map, I found that the disk was thicker than the old one. The DVD drive is older version and maybe (my theory) it doesn't read the new disks. I slow burnt a copy of it on 4x DVD-R disk and ran it this morning. It updated and played just fine. Perhaps the original 2014/15 map disks are made using new disks that are unreadable by old DVD units. Anyhow, my issues have been resolved.

Oh and I have two car images when I click on Serv. Does it mean I have the latest firmware? I really want to know how to check what version I am currently on, it's bit annoying not to be able to know what version one is on.

They all contain only bug fixes except the latest one. This one only has an updated Sirius Channel list that might be necessary if you have SDAR.
I have no idea what you meant by Sirius Channel list and SDAR but it'd be nice to have latest one installed on my Command System

Regards

J.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JehanzebNavid
I've managed to get my bluetooth and navigation disk to work. The bluetooth device in the armrest had to be held until blue light constantly flashes and then search for the bluetooth devices on the phone. It then displays MB Phone System on your phone. Click on it and enter the bluetooth code. It pairs up the Mobile phone.

With regards to the navigation 2014/15 map, I found that the disk was thicker than the old one. The DVD drive is older version and maybe (my theory) it doesn't read the new disks. I slow burnt a copy of it on 4x DVD-R disk and ran it this morning. It updated and played just fine. Perhaps the original 2014/15 map disks are made using new disks that are unreadable by old DVD units. Anyhow, my issues have been resolved.

Oh and I have two car images when I click on Serv. Does it mean I have the latest firmware? I really want to know how to check what version I am currently on, it's bit annoying not to be able to know what version one is on.

I have no idea what you meant by Sirius Channel list and SDAR but it'd be nice to have latest one installed on my Command System

Regards

J.
If you want comprehensive help you need to do your part. There are different Bluetooth solutions and you have the puck with tail solution (as I have in both my E320 and E55) and I could have told you how to pair it way sooner. You should always give all information to a problem and never leave us helpers in the dark assuming and guessing what you have or don't have. It makes it that much harder to help. Not I want your help, you wanted my/our help. This shall not be a lecture, but rather a hint for the future.

Disk thickness doesn't matter. Old drive, new drive, doesn't matter. The only bad thing about older drives is the missing/bad temperature sensor. In my E320 I have a first version DVD drive inside the navigation processor unit and with our San Diego temperatures in the summer my navigation system shuts down sometimes and COMAND displays an error message. You in the UK won't have this issue.

You have two cars on the background picture meaning you have at least the most stable version of the firmware. SDAR is only available in North America (it's satellite radio)! So don't bother with updated channel lists on your island

Last but not least, never stop (or update) a running system!

Last edited by Mackhack; 12-13-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:30 PM

2005 E 320 Wagon
I have an E 320 Prod date 9/04 with COMAND code 528. Is this non-DVD?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nwnoodle
I have an E 320 Prod date 9/04 with COMAND code 528. Is this non-DVD?
That is a very vague question. But I'm willing to lift up the curtain of MB's magical theatre of SA codes it stands for COMAND DVD Plus without Navigation. Hope that helps. But before you pop open the champagne bottle now bc you read COMAND DVD Plus..., do not think that means you are jail free and be able to watch DVD in your garage (or while driving). Nope, US COMAND won't play DVD video disks. Sorry mate for bursting your bubble.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:25 PM

2005 E 320 Wagon
Thanks, I'm not interested in playing DVD video, just mp3 discs if possible.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Banned

Thanks, I'm not interested in playing DVD video, just mp3 discs if possible.
Is possible. I replaced mine with dual-layer DVD drives. 9 GB of music sorted in folders! Plus iPod integration kits in both cars (E320 and E55)! I can't even drive that many hours before I'll ever reach the end my musical load you should see on your COMAND screen a CD and DVD logo upon start up.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:47 PM

2005 E 320 Wagon
Thanks for the info. I would like to do an integration, but I have an iphone 5. I'm sure I could round up an old 3gs or iPod somewhere.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. I would like to do an integration, but I have an iphone 5. I'm sure I could round up an old 3gs or iPod somewhere.
Where is the problem? I'm using an iPhone 5S simply with an adapter. It's all cool.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:32 PM

eclass
were is the file
Old 01-10-2015, 10:42 PM

2005 E 320 Wagon
I saw this somewhere in the forum, but it's eluding me now. Can someone please point me to some help in burning mp3 discs that are readable in the CDC? I have burned several and they all play fine in the head unit but only 1 has worked in the changer.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
This may help.
Attached Thumbnails COMAND HEAD UNIT software update to enable MP3-capture1.jpg   COMAND HEAD UNIT software update to enable MP3-capture2.jpg  
Old 01-12-2015, 03:45 AM

2005 E 320 Wagon
Originally Posted by konigstiger
This may help.
Thanks.
I read through the manual before posting. Maybe its the cd-r's that I have. Its being quite picky.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:06 PM

2005 E320 CDI
First Help Post

Anyone in or around Charlotte NC who works on these? It'd be nice to have someone who I can go to for help when I need it other than the stealer.

My command 50 system will not take the new nav disc. It started updating and then stalled at roughly 1/3 then said no disc or error. I put the old disc back in and it is fine. I put the new disc back in and it will not update. Advice? I know it is not the disc (they gave me a replacement/duplicate and same symptoms). I understand that there is an optimal software version to be running. seems the links on this site are old, and the update info is gone. Anyone have it? Advice on the hidden menu if I do update it? I am sure there is a link somewhere on this site for it.

Finally, I bought the MOST system for both bluetooth and another for satellite radio (I am a road warrior). Anyone here put these in their cars? Any lessons learned? It'd be nice to mount the units in the trunk where the factory ones went, but I assume there would be issues with length of the runs and the order they would be in the fiber optic link.

If nobody has any advice, I am just going to dive in and see what happens. I am very confident with mechanicals, less so with electronics, but I am smarter than the average bear.
Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TBrasse
Anyone in or around Charlotte NC who works on these? It'd be nice to have someone who I can go to for help when I need it other than the stealer.

My command 50 system will not take the new nav disc. It started updating and then stalled at roughly 1/3 then said no disc or error. I put the old disc back in and it is fine. I put the new disc back in and it will not update. Advice? I know it is not the disc (they gave me a replacement/duplicate and same symptoms). I understand that there is an optimal software version to be running. seems the links on this site are old, and the update info is gone. Anyone have it? Advice on the hidden menu if I do update it? I am sure there is a link somewhere on this site for it.

Finally, I bought the MOST system for both bluetooth and another for satellite radio (I am a road warrior). Anyone here put these in their cars? Any lessons learned? It'd be nice to mount the units in the trunk where the factory ones went, but I assume there would be issues with length of the runs and the order they would be in the fiber optic link.

If nobody has any advice, I am just going to dive in and see what happens. I am very confident with mechanicals, less so with electronics, but I am smarter than the average bear.
Thanks,
Tom
Very confusing and nothing you're saying has anything to do with this threat.

But to answer your questions, I have retrofitted everything you're asking, I have all updates and software you can dream off. It's gonna be a lot of work.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:09 PM

2005 E320 CDI
you're right

Very confusing and nothing you're saying has anything to do with this threat.

But to answer your questions, I have retrofitted everything you're asking, I have all updates and software you can dream off. It's gonna be a lot of work.
I got carried away reading this thread and you are correct, my question strayed from the original intent. Sorry. If you think you can help somehow, please let me know.
Best Regards,
Tom
Old 01-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TBrasse
I got carried away reading this thread and you are correct, my question strayed from the original intent. Sorry. If you think you can help somehow, please let me know.
Best Regards,
Tom
I'll be in touch via PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:48 PM

ml500
I need the file uploaded

Hey Guys,

The dropbox link is no longer available. Would you please send the file to delyan.delchev@gmail.com or upload to another link. I need that CD. I have the USA Command unit.

Last edited by smartstyle; 01-28-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:43 PM

e320
Looking for 22.100 46/06

If someone could send me the file or a link to it I would be eternally grateful.

theaterman@sbcglobal.net
Old 02-27-2015, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Available at your local MB dealer. Very inexpensive, like around $12.00.

Last edited by starbrite; 02-28-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:26 PM

ml500
link

Would you post a link so we can download it ???? I haven't got any email.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Sorry, it's against forum rules to post links to copyrighted material.

Last edited by starbrite; 02-28-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:01 PM

e320 wagon
Need the link

Could some kind soul please PM me the link?

Huge thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: COMAND HEAD UNIT software update to enable MP3