Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area? >

Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area?

Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area?

 
Old 04-06-2010, 11:23 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
no_clue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area?

Please bare with me, I know nothing about my 7-year-old cars. E320 regular ( or how to explain it clearly for that matter )

Recently, I noticed squeeking noise from front-driver-side suspsension area.
It happens when suspension going up-and-down.
It doesn't happen when I turn steerling wheel left and right. (standing still, or driving )

If I push down the car (front-driver-side) by body weight, I can hear it.

*today, I dropped by local gas station and they had my car lift-up. No rust, no oil leak, (Mech say, it looks like in perfect condition) and Mechanic spray some yellow stuff on all joints. But the squeeking still happen.

What can be the issue? tks~~~

Last edited by no_clue; 04-07-2010 at 12:57 AM.
no_clue is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:18 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 119
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDI
Originally Posted by no_clue View Post
Please bare with me, I know nothing about my 7-year-old cars. E320 regular ( or how to explain it clearly for that matter )

Recently, I noticed squeeking noise from front-driver-side suspsension area.
It happens when suspension going up-and-down.
It doesn't happen when I turn steerling wheel left and right. (standing still, or driving )

If I push down the car (front-driver-side) by body weight, I can hear it.

*today, I dropped by local gas station and they had my car lift-up. No rust, no oil leak, (Mech say, it looks like in perfect condition) and Mechanic spray some yellow stuff on all joints. But the squeeking still happen.

What can be the issue? tks~~~
This could be hard to solve. I would take some silicon lube and spray each joints/bushing one by one to eliminate the noisy bushing one by one.
crazypotato is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:52 AM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Diesel Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 5,247
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
It must be one of the joints, those wear quite easily on a W211 and often it is pretty hard to figure out the worn joint. Having the front up, both front wheels off ground may help to find some play on one of the joints. My first guess would be the lower main joint, the upper one would be the next candidate.
Diesel Benz is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 AM
  #4  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
no_clue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Thanks for your advice~ I will give it a try when it stop rainning.
If you have other suggestions, please do let me know.

thanks again,
no_clue is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vettdvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,254
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
You have a bad ball joint but just haven't found it yet. Mine went around 70,000 or so miles. Common problem. Just throw some $$ at it and it will fix the squeek.
vettdvr is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 PM
  #6  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
no_clue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Originally Posted by vettdvr View Post
You have a bad ball joint but just haven't found it yet. Mine went around 70,000 or so miles. Common problem. Just throw some $$ at it and it will fix the squeek.
Thanks, assuming it is a bad ball joint, do you happen to know the part number / price? ( price done in dealer? )

thanks again,
no_clue is offline  
Old 04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vettdvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,254
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by no_clue View Post
Thanks, assuming it is a bad ball joint, do you happen to know the part number / price? ( price done in dealer? )

thanks again,
Just do a search at any of this forum vendors for your specific model part and price, then add about $300 labor.
vettdvr is offline  
Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 PM
  #8  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
no_clue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.... nothing to brag about, it is a previous model....
Originally Posted by vettdvr View Post
Just do a search at any of this forum vendors for your specific model part and price, then add about $300 labor.
Greatly appreciated~
no_clue is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 06:06 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 e500 & 11 sti
I have the same squeaking from my front driver side. I've replaced the ball joint with the meyle HD one from autohausz and its still squeaking.

From what ive gathered, its from the up and down movement of the suspension. could the control arm bushings be the cause?
braizedtofu is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Squeeking noise from front driver side suspension area?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: