E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car going into the dealer for a few things this coming Monday...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E550 Sport / 2007 R500
Question Car going into the dealer for a few things this coming Monday...

I bought this car CPO'd this past weekend. I had the dealer agree with me on a few notes of what needs to be repaired on their bill.

1. Rock chip in the windshield. The window sticker was covering it up and I didn't notice it until I was about to pull out of the parking lot. Turned around and got it added onto the "We Owe" sheet.

2. 1 Ding on the rear driver quarter panel.

3. When braking at 45MPH+ the brakes components seem to be warped (rear has new brakes from what dealer said).

4. Driver side taillight has small crack. Needs replacement.

***THIS IS WHAT I FOUND BELOW IN ADDITION TO ABOVE***

5. Driver side window make an uneasy clicking sound when rolling down.

6. Front passenger side daytime running light glass/plastic a little hazy.

7. There is a small rip in the black leather on the shifter. Didn't notice this on the test drive since it was facing the passenger side.

8. Going to have them verify that I have the latest firmware on my Nav. Might be a reason why I don't have "Folder" button when playing MP3s from a CD with multiple folders.

It's a 2007 E550 w/ 29k miles on it. Hoping for a good first experience with the dealer. Any input is appreciated.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by E550 Sport
I bought this car CPO'd this past weekend. I had the dealer agree with me on a few notes of what needs to be repaired on their bill.

1. Rock chip in the windshield. The window sticker was covering it up and I didn't notice it until I was about to pull out of the parking lot. Turned around and got it added onto the "We Owe" sheet.

3. When braking at 45MPH+ the brakes components seem to be warped (rear has new brakes from what dealer said).

7. There is a small rip in the black leather on the shifter. Didn't notice this on the test drive since it was facing the passenger side.

8. Going to have them verify that I have the latest firmware on my Nav. Might be a reason why I don't have "Folder" button when playing MP3s from a CD with multiple folders.

It's a 2007 E550 w/ 29k miles on it. Hoping for a good first experience with the dealer. Any input is appreciated.
I wish you best of luck. Some items are "wear and tear",, they may or may not repair them.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C350, 1960 Impala
Your post is very interesting.

I too bought an 07 E today, and it is currently still at the dealership because the drivers rear tail light housing had a crack, and the brakes were vibrating / chattering almost like they have a sticky spot on the rotors. I've never felt anything like it, but the rest of the car looked great and the dealer swears they'll get everything straight by Monday when I pick it up. At $21,500 out the door for an 07 with sport package I felt it was a decent deal.

Hope we both get to enjoy our E's soon.

Steve
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by Rainman15
Your post is very interesting.

I too bought an 07 E today, and it is currently still at the dealership because the drivers rear tail light housing had a crack, and the brakes were vibrating / chattering almost like they have a sticky spot on the rotors. I've never felt anything like it, but the rest of the car looked great and the dealer swears they'll get everything straight by Monday when I pick it up. At $21,500 out the door for an 07 with sport package I felt it was a decent deal.

Hope we both get to enjoy our E's soon.

Steve
wow that's a smoking deal- how many miles??
Old 06-13-2010, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
damn 21k for 07....im jealous
Old 06-14-2010, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Wonderful post. I had impression that buying a used car you should deal with a bunch of small imperfections. Now I see that I can require dealer to bring a car in brand new condition.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E350 4MATIC, 2002 ML320
That's a sweet smoking deal...congrats, and I too like djrabbi, am jealous

I paid 29500 for an 08 350 4MATIC with 27K miles and P1 SPRTS PKG.

Enjoy the ride!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dema
Wonderful post. I had impression that buying a used car you should deal with a bunch of small imperfections. Now I see that I can require dealer to bring a car in brand new condition.
Well, I bought my car last week and it was CPO'd. Since the car was on the lot for a few months after being CPO'd, a few imperfections had arose. We negotiated it out that the car will be in "As Reconditioned" condition just like it was CPO'd that day.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM

Here are the "fixes" for this list by the dealer. Great first experience.

Wife's R500 is going in tomorrow to have the rear sunshade looked at since it's not opening/closing properly.

Originally Posted by E550 Sport

Repaired using windshield repair service.

Fixed using Paintless Dent Removal.

New rotors and pads in the front. Rotors were warped.

Light was replaced.

Glass was rubbing against rubber seal at numerous points. Fixed, but not sure what they did exactly.

Ended up being some residue from a sticker or something. They were able to clean it up.

Forgot to mention to them. Turns out it's not a rip, it's a very small speck of white paint (almost like white-out). I'll attempt cleaning it myself.

Car has the latest firmware on all devices. This was done a few months ago during the CPO process.