E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Paid OEtuning a little visit today to take up the special...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550
Paid OEtuning a little visit today to take up the special...

Only drove ~60miles home from LA to OC.. had to get back to working.

Initial thoughts

1. Power curve is smoother/more linear, this program is way more defined for a "spirited" driver behind the wheel of this car, than the original programming. There is less "lag" and more consistent power across the band when you are driving/passing. Cruising also feels a little smoother. I've yet to punch down on it several times.. but it's on the list.

2. I've been searching for weeks on the internet trying to find a good deal on a sprint booster 2.0 to try it out, I think this is a huge issue with these cars, there is a noticeable lag. -> I asked Jeremy about this and he claimed that the tune would also change the throttle response time. If there is one major noticeable difference, I would say its the increased response timing in my initial first hour. OE can also custom adjust this to your liking.

3. On the way up (OC - LA) I did 22.1 MPG from start on the computer.. on the way home (LA -OC) I did above 23+MPG (and was playing around with it a little, but drove mostly the same).

I didn't realize how easy it was to access the air filters... I would like to change them out in conjunction with the tune. I ordered K&N's when I first got the car, and returned them after reading about oil and CEL's.. I just did not want to deal with it. I then read about the green filters.. so one of those is next on my list. Jeremy clipped my air intake flaps to let in some more air today, which was a free mod.

I would also like to one day try the sprint booster with the tune/air filters, will be on the lookout for a good deal, but this should keep me occupied for a little while.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS550, 2013 GLK350 4-Matic
Originally Posted by MB4tronic

Only drove ~60miles home from LA to OC.. had to get back to working.

Initial thoughts

1. Power curve is smoother/more linear, this program is way more defined for a "spirited" driver behind the wheel of this car, than the original programming. There is less "lag" and more consistent power across the band when you are driving/passing. Cruising also feels a little smoother. ...
I've been thinking of making that drive to take advantage of the deal. Just helping out my wife with her Christmas shopping. Question: Do you know if the SW change is detectable by the dealer should I need warranty work?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
very nice. i've been thinking about this mod heavily this month too and these guys are very close to me also

lol would be good to clip the flaps to for more air. very nice
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 PM

2004 E500
What is the deal offered by OEtuning?

Jeremy clipped my air intake flaps to let in some more air today, which was a free mod.
Is there a DIY posted somewhere on how to do this?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM

2008 E550
Originally Posted by spinn
What is the deal offered by OEtuning?

20% off IIRC

Is there a DIY posted somewhere on how to do this?
Open the hood, you will see them pretty obvious.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
Saw you driving on crown valley today, car looks good but if I may make a suggestion paint those side markers black!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM

2008 E550
Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
Saw you driving on crown valley today, car looks good but if I may make a suggestion paint those side markers black!
I just did the smoked markers recently.. I thought I ordered the "nicer" pair of the ones I saw. They are still not very smoked. The only other option would be to spray the original or the new ones with perhaps VHT Nite Shades and clearcoat?

How do you suggest doing this? I've also wanted to take off the silver fog trims and spray them a gloss or solid black.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
I just did the smoked markers recently.. I thought I ordered the "nicer" pair of the ones I saw. They are still not very smoked. The only other option would be to spray the original or the new ones with perhaps VHT Nite Shades and clearcoat?

How do you suggest doing this? I've also wanted to take off the silver fog trims and spray them a gloss or solid black.
I just got my origional ones painted and clear coated to match my car...the light still shines through a little at night. You could try the nightshades and clear coat though. Plasti-dip should work for the silver fog trims
Old 12-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS550, 2013 GLK350 4-Matic
Originally Posted by spinn
What is the deal offered by OEtuning? ...
Look at thread below - message #8
Mike

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...guy-intro.html
Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo
I just got my origional ones painted and clear coated to match my car...the light still shines through a little at night. You could try the nightshades and clear coat though. Plasti-dip should work for the silver fog trims
why don't u guys just turn off the side marker bulbs through star? i'm sure it's possible since many ROW cars do not have side lamps. i have the clear ones with clear bulbs so i don't mind but if mine were painted i would definitely just shut off the lamps.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jeremy clipped my air intake flaps to let in some more air today, which was a free mod.
just did mine this morning cut the plastic tabs on the front off. just debating about the rubber portion to that sticks out a little over the side of the hole.

@spinn, see the pictures attached for what MB4tronic is talking about. First is W211 E. Compare that to the second pic, a W220 S500. Some argue it's not safe, but then why is the S designed with no barriers???

EDIT: nvm, i ended the debate and just cut the rubber portions too lol
Attached Thumbnails Paid OEtuning a little visit today to take up the special...-e320enginemarked.jpg   Paid OEtuning a little visit today to take up the special...-s500enginemarked.jpg  

Last edited by gaazmon; 12-17-2011 at 07:16 PM.