E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

'07 E350 and aux/Bluetooth/Command Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-280
'07 E350 and aux/Bluetooth/Command Questions

As of today I am the proud owner of an '07 E350. I've been trying to do some research in anticipation of this purchase and looking into how to get my iPhone6 to both play music and send/receive calls through the car's steering wheel and Command system. The car does not have the puck in the console but I also understand that the puck does not allow music play through. I do have the ox jack in the glove compartment however. Through a search on this site I did see that there is a way to plug in a Bluetooth puck with an aux adapter that would sit in the glove compartment. Do these make the steering will end navigation screen controls work? Is this the best way to go? As of 2015 what's the latest tech that I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide!!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:03 AM

2006 E350(current);1995 C220(sold); 1990 190e 2.38v(written off)
I hope you find your answer soon, cos it does not seem to work without a bluetooth adapter

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...olution-2.html
Old 10-16-2015, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Do you have the connector for the puck? Otherwise it might not be wired for the bluetooth puck. I think it's feature code 389 if it's wired for bluetooth if you decode your VIN. For 2007, you can only use bluetooth for making/receiving phone calls. For music, it's either the aux connector or the ipod connector which would be in the glove box. If you have the ipod connector, the aux won't work. If you get a bluetooth adapter for the aux connection, you won't be able to control the songs from the steering wheel, but the volume button should work. If you have the ipod connector, you can control the songs with the steering wheel controls. I just use an old 4th gen ipod Touch, got some cheap 8gb ones on the local craigslist for $30 but I think you can buy them on cowboom.com (a bestbuy company) for around $50. I load spotify on it and then sync my playlist. If you read the threads, bluetooth audio quality isn't that great with the adapters so I just use the ipod touch. Also check the vin and make sure your engine code is outside of the affect range for the balance shaft problem mentioned in many other threads.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:51 AM

2008 E320 Bluetec, 2008 Lexus RX400h, 2012 Honda NC700SA, 2005 Acura MDX, 2000 Mercedes ML320
I connect my iphone or ipad using the apple 30-pin to lightning adapter. Previously tried aftermarket adapters, but the qualities are not that good. Only the volume control will work. And there is no charging, unless you also buy a charging adapter from MB (60$) or aftermarket from ebay/amazon (~18$). I bought one of these, but it broke after a few weeks. I charge using a dedicated adapter. MB should enable upgrading these!
Old 11-08-2015, 11:20 AM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E550, 07 E550, 69 Mach I, 65 Hipo, 66 Fairlane GTA Conv, 66 Fairlane GT
I have a 2007 as well and the puck plugs into a port inside the console on the back wall. Easy to add/sync; a fire and forget add-on.

For music, I looked into putting a wireless adapter in the glovebox. However, this would also require a source of power of the adapter or the need to charge it every few days. The adapters also degrade the sound. based on the above, I decided to skip the adapter.

I then went to a simple cable from the aux port in the glovebox to the headphone jack on the phone. Worked OK after I picked up a magnetic vent mount (MPOW) that I located above the temp controls. The music (I use Pandora) is then controlled via the phone at my fingertips which is easy once you get used to it.

Based on a fantastic post by Mike5215 on this forum (search Pandora Streaming Bluetooth), I have upgraded from the headphone jack to using an Istreamer through the lighting port alone. This has several great advantages. The Istreamer off loads the digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and pre-amp processing from the phone to higher quality components. You will hear notes in your music you never heard in your car before! The unit also charges your phone at the same time. The Istreamer retails for about $200. I've had this running for about a month and love it.

I'm now in the process of adding an equalizer but the big question is where to mount it. I'm playing with the settings now and hope to just do a set-and-forget with a hidden and generally inaccessible location (trunk?).

But in answer to your original question, I was not able to figure out a solution, high quality or otherwise, to adding iphone-accessed music with controls through the steering wheel.

Last edited by John H; 11-08-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Have you considered getting the ipod cable? I'm not sure if MB sells a new one that would have the lighting connector. It was a kit that some dealers installed. I think you can find them on ebay occasionally. Being able to control which song is playing from the steering wheel is the best, that way you don't get distracted playing with your phone while driving. There are some 30 pin adapters to lighting connectors, but not sure if the steering wheel controls still work with those.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:20 AM

w203
a
Old 04-02-2018, 11:27 AM

w203
Dear Friends,

I have the same problem like Ivan.

I have a 2006 W203 facelift sport edition.

My car was not equipped with NTG 2 navigation (like the one Ivan posted in the previous post) it was equipped with AUDIO 20 (the big unit without display with only Radio and CD). I purchased one from a guy and installed on my car. The guy sent me the unit with the CD changer as a gift (my luck).

The problem is that I tried using Star to add the CD changer. In the configuration on the laptop there is CD changer as component 3 but on the unit in the car the soft button with CDC did not appear.

Tomorrow I will go to the service and take pictures step by step to the computer when I will try to put again the CDC using STAR. In the mean time do you guys have any advices for me?

The unit and the CDC is from a car similar to mine.

THX

Cezar
Old 07-06-2019, 06:45 AM

W204 1,8 komp 2009
Hi everyone. Greetings from Poland.
Is anything solved with bloototh music?
I tried to switch on the bloototh music in system. Without success. What source should i use to Play eg. YouTube and hear the sound in spekaers?
I tried on radio, disc, AUX disc without success.
BR
Tomasz
Old 03-07-2024, 09:23 PM

Mercedes
Pappy Van Winkle 25

Every drop of Pappy Van Winkle 25 encapsulates decades of dedication and expertise. It's not just about the age; it's about the unmatched complexity and sheer luxury of the experience. Secure your piece of bourbon history and relish the satisfaction of owning a bottle that's more than just liquid gold – it's a legacy in a glass. Elevate your collection with Pappy Van Winkle 25, where passion meets perfection. Cheers to savoring the finest moments in bourbon appreciation.