Got a quote on the E350-4M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6
Got a quote on the E350-4M

Hello everyone,

I got a quote today on an E350 4 matic sedan with the premium package, and it came out to $66,800. The sales rep quoted me $1239 (incl tax) per month with 0 down for 36 months. Now she also told me to give the first month payment, frieght, fuel tax, admin fees etc which totals out to $3945 at signing. Now is this reasonable? I have never had to pay upfront for any car in the past, so is this a mercedes only thing? And whats a reasonable price on this car? I am in Toronto Canada
Old 02-22-2010, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Canada may be different than the US but on mine which was delivered on Jan 4th I paid on a lease only the first months payent up front. All other fes, etc. were wrapped up in the lease. The lease was also predicated on the discounted purchase price, not MSRP. Even when leasing it is best to negotiate the purchase price first.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 PM

W212 E350 4matic, E60 530i
Canada MB Quote

Hi.. you should be able to get 2% off the MSRP... also,, you can roll all fright/PDI/Admin fee into the lease payment... But the Canadian lease rate was bit high, so you pay those with interest.. pls post back when u get your final deal ! The E350 is a very good car, with 4 matic, it's for us "Canadian's"

MB lowered the price gap between US and Canada too for 2010 model year too..
Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM

2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6
Originally Posted by Stockwell
Hi.. you should be able to get 2% off the MSRP... also,, you can roll all fright/PDI/Admin fee into the lease payment... But the Canadian lease rate was bit high, so you pay those with interest.. pls post back when u get your final deal ! The E350 is a very good car, with 4 matic, it's for us "Canadian's"

MB lowered the price gap between US and Canada too for 2010 model year too..
Hi, thanks for the reply
I am going to email the sales rep and ask for more information. I was ideally looking for a monthly payment of a little under a $1000 with $4-5k down. I have included a premium package and wear and tear coverage. What is your monthly payment on the car?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 Porsche Boxster S
I am in the Toronto area and I managed to get about 6.5% off MSRP.

I ordered a more optioned car than you (over $70k) and my payment is around $1,100 (incl. tax) for a 36 month lease (if I was to put nothing down).

So you can definitely do better than what you have been offered.

PS: Don't buy the wear and tear package. It is unecessary.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Hi Leaf,, You are a Great negotiator !! I've been visiting 3 MB dealer in GTA area and they all just keep saying 2% is the corporate approved, nothing more than that....
if you don't mind,, which dealer and Sales Rep you got the 6.5%,,, he/she may get one more sales from me...
Old 02-25-2010, 02:32 PM

2014 Porsche Boxster S
I am not a great negotiator ... I just know a bit more about the ordering process. The whole deal was done in 15 minutes over the phone.

All the corporate-owned stores in the GTA (I think there is 5 of them) give you the standard 2 - 3 %.

Look outside of the GTA (think Oakville) and you are likely to be able to negotiate a much better price. I can't guarantee the same deal as me, but I am sure you can beat 2%! You should be able to get 4% without even trying too hard.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Stockwell
Hi Leaf,, You are a Great negotiator !! I've been visiting 3 MB dealer in GTA area and they all just keep saying 2% is the corporate approved, nothing more than that....
if you don't mind,, which dealer and Sales Rep you got the 6.5%,,, he/she may get one more sales from me...
Keep in mind that the other poster may have purchased his car when MB had some sort of a factory incentive. Also the sales person should not matter as they have little or anything to do with pricing. Auto sales people are an extension of the Sales Manager and General Manager. Actually the sales people have little or no authority to deviate from any Dealership policies. If in fact the Canadian discount structure is like the US the discount he says he got would have put the dealership into pennies of profit unless there was some sort of an incentive. Also keep in mind the the differential of the pricing between your deal and his amounts to only about 400 to 500 bucks a year depending upon the tenure of ownership. You can't even go out on the town for an evening on that. Get your best deal, buy the car and enjoy it. One more comment and that is after 12 years on these boards I have learned not to pay much attention to many of the discounts and prices quoted as many do not make sense. "if it does not make sense it isn't true" I for one refuse to discuss my prices or discounts regarding MB's on this or any other public forum.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:02 PM

2014 Porsche Boxster S
Originally Posted by sosh
Keep in mind that the other poster may have purchased his car when MB had some sort of a factory incentive. Also the sales person should not matter as they have little or anything to do with pricing. Auto sales people are an extension of the Sales Manager and General Manager. Actually the sales people have little or no authority to deviate from any Dealership policies. If in fact the Canadian discount structure is like the US the discount he says he got would have put the dealership into pennies of profit unless there was some sort of an incentive. Also keep in mind the the differential of the pricing between your deal and his amounts to only about 400 to 500 bucks a year depending upon the tenure of ownership. You can't even go out on the town for an evening on that. Get your best deal, buy the car and enjoy it. One more comment and that is after 12 years on these boards I have learned not to pay much attention to many of the discounts and prices quoted as many do not make sense. "if it does not make sense it isn't true" I for one refuse to discuss my prices or discounts regarding MB's on this or any other public forum.
No factory incentives, and the dealership made a profit of about $2,000 + PDI + dealer holdback. Both parties were happy. Not bad on their part for a 15 minute phone call.

I agree, every deal is different (depends on your past history, the timinig of the deal, and/or even your credit-worthiness), but while some people like to keep all this info private on public forums, I see no reason not to.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by leaf
No factory incentives, and the dealership made a profit of about $2,000 + PDI + dealer holdback. Both parties were happy. Not bad on their part for a 15 minute phone call.

I agree, every deal is different (depends on your past history, the timinig of the deal, and/or even your credit-worthiness), but while some people like to keep all this info private on public forums, I see no reason not to.
I question the 2K profit you speak of. The dealer discount is approx 7% plus a 3% hold back. Yes it certainly matters how good of a customer you are at the dealership and if you are not writing a check for the purchase the credit standing is important as so far as the finance/ lease terms. Timing can be important and as so far as the incentives there are some that no one is aware of other than the dealer manager, not even the sales people. The numbers I stated are for the US as I said before I am not certain as to Canada. And again if its too good to be true it isn't true.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:26 PM

2014 Porsche Boxster S
Canadian profit margin is greater than 7% (and about double that for the options).
Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM

e55
$1300/month for an e350? ouch
Old 02-25-2010, 06:19 PM

Leaf,,, I really appreciate your help and share of the information... I aware to close a deal is always combination of timing, hungriness of the sales/dealership. The Canadian Government's 13% TAX is a key difference to US folks too. I always thought MB Dealer were all own by MB Canada,, you open my mind on those private dealers.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 PM

2014 Porsche Boxster S
I was passed along a tip from a fellow board member, so I thought it only fair to share.