E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

OK, now I've done it....I think!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550
OK, now I've done it....I think!

Yesterday I plugged my ipod into the media interface cable to charge it after leaving the gym. Listened to some tunes and was bothered that it seems as though the ipod volume is lower than the current radio/sat level, and figured that there must be line-out volume setting on the ipod that I could change - couldn't find anything. I then played with the treble and bass settings w/in the car media interface but thye really didn't make that much of a diff on overall volume. So, I then figured (genius) that perhaps there's a setting w/in the engineering menus that would allow me to up the media interface volume to better match that of the current radio/sat level. I looked around a bit but couldn't find anything that seemed associated with the media interface volume so I didn't change anything. I went in and out of the engineering screen a couple of times, but on one instance, when I exited one of the 7-series screen which asks if you want to End and then reboots COMAND, everything came back up fine but I had NO audio; either from a radio, sat, media interface or even telephone (including the voice command audio). CRAP!
I went in and out the the menus to see if I inadvertently changed anything, but nothing really popped out at me. Also hoped that after the car sat over night it would "magically" heal itselft - but no dice.
I performed a "circuit diagnostics" check in screen 2.0 w/in the engineering menu and on the last page, item "17 Loudspeaker" showed a result of NG (I presume No Good). When I click on line 17 it showed the error code of 00010000. Pictures attached.
I checked all the fuses that would be associated with the radio and sound system but they all check out ok. I'm fairly confident that a trip to the dealer is in my future, but thought I'd throw this out to the many of you that seemed to be pretty astute with this stuff hoping that there's some quick fix. Appreciate any input.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails OK, now I've done it....I think!-loudspeakerng.jpg   OK, now I've done it....I think!-error-code.jpg  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
I would go back into engineering mode and reset the system...
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 628 Likes on 474 Posts
W212 FL
I heard xentry developer and vedoc need to recover the system . It creeps me to see Comand failures because I would like to enter engineering menu but will not
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (04-12-2022)
Old 04-15-2012, 01:09 PM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by amaycg
I would go back into engineering mode and reset the system...
Yes, thanks, should have mentioned that I've tried this too.
It seems as though only the sound amplifier is not working - but everything else appears to. I can see the station that either the radio or sat is on as it displays the station and the song that's playing. Same goes for the media interface, but just don't get any audio.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Have you accidentally muted the speakers?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:40 AM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by ImInPA
Have you accidentally muted the speakers?
Man I wish. I toggled the mute button both on the steering wheel and on the console but no effect.

I'm off to the dealer today.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 E350W4
Well, good luck! I know I would be p'd off!!! Please let us know what you find out (after the service clerk lectures you on geeking around w/ the settings)...lol

Trending Topics

Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM

2011 E550
UPDATE

OK, got the car back from the dealer today and all is well. My SA said yesterday that they had to order a new amp since there was an "open" when they performed their STAR diagnostics. Sounds like a coincidence to my fiddling as it would be highly unlikely to cause a mechanical open by going into and out of the engineering menu. He also said that after they replaced the amp that they had to do some reprogramming and it took them a while to do it . Jokingly he said that I need to cool off on playing the gansta rap so loud.

On the way home while driving I changed the cabin temperature and noticed that the temp values for both the driver and passenger sides rolled up from the bottom of the COMAND display for about three seconds and then rolled off the bottom. Each time I press the temp up or down it does it. I have never seen this before and presume that it's a result of the aforementioned "reprogramming." Does anyone else see that when they change temps?
Hmmm, got to see what else is new....
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 AM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
my 2012 has done the AC info pop-up from day one. Must have been a running change they kindly did for you.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 FL
Good to see things are well on your side . I recently downladed COMAND Manual thru MB USA site . I recommend you to take a gander at it
Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 921 Likes on 655 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by tjkaz
OK, got the car back from the dealer today and all is well. My SA said yesterday that they had to order a new amp since there was an "open" when they performed their STAR diagnostics. Sounds like a coincidence to my fiddling as it would be highly unlikely to cause a mechanical open by going into and out of the engineering menu. He also said that after they replaced the amp that they had to do some reprogramming and it took them a while to do it . Jokingly he said that I need to cool off on playing the gansta rap so loud.

On the way home while driving I changed the cabin temperature and noticed that the temp values for both the driver and passenger sides rolled up from the bottom of the COMAND display for about three seconds and then rolled off the bottom. Each time I press the temp up or down it does it. I have never seen this before and presume that it's a result of the aforementioned "reprogramming." Does anyone else see that when they change temps?

You got the updated Comand software. I had this done to my 2011 E350.
You also have Bluetooth audio now with volume boost setting available under it. Makes sound much better when playing thru Bluetooth.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 CLS450 4 Matic 2011 E550
How do you get into the engineering menu? I have a late 2011 E with what I am told are 2012 features.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 FL
Hey, try these :

To enter this mode, you need to do these simultaneously :
red phone button , 1 ,# .Press these at the same time and hold them 10 secs

Old 08-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GL350
Yesterday I plugged my ipod into the media interface cable to charge it after leaving the gym. Listened to some tunes and was bothered that it seems as though the ipod volume is lower than the current radio/sat level, and figured that there must be line-out volume setting on the ipod that I could change - couldn't find anything. I then played with the treble and bass settings w/in the car media interface but thye really didn't make that much of a diff on overall volume. So, I then figured (genius) that perhaps there's a setting w/in the engineering menus that would allow me to up the media interface volume to better match that of the current radio/sat level. I looked around a bit but couldn't find anything that seemed associated with the media interface volume so I didn't change anything. I went in and out of the engineering screen a couple of times, but on one instance, when I exited one of the 7-series screen which asks if you want to End and then reboots COMAND, everything came back up fine but I had NO audio; either from a radio, sat, media interface or even telephone (including the voice command audio). CRAP!
I went in and out the the menus to see if I inadvertently changed anything, but nothing really popped out at me. Also hoped that after the car sat over night it would "magically" heal itselft - but no dice.
I performed a "circuit diagnostics" check in screen 2.0 w/in the engineering menu and on the last page, item "17 Loudspeaker" showed a result of NG (I presume No Good). When I click on line 17 it showed the error code of 00010000. Pictures attached.
I checked all the fuses that would be associated with the radio and sound system but they all check out ok. I'm fairly confident that a trip to the dealer is in my future, but thought I'd throw this out to the many of you that seemed to be pretty astute with this stuff hoping that there's some quick fix. Appreciate any input.
Thanks!
I have exactly problem same as yours. I got in the engineering screen,make some changes, but music still playing. After the changes, I turn off the car. On next day when I start the car, there is no sound. Everything works, I can see music playing shows on screen, but with no sound. I run circuit diagnostics, shows 17 loudspeaker NG, error code is 00010000. I have Logic 7 in setting before, but after this, it's gone. I have find someone to check this issue for me.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:20 AM

GL350
I just fixed the problem by myself. There are just some setting mistakes. When I correct the setting, sound comes back again. Please see settings here: https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ring-menu.html

Last edited by tonywang123; 08-04-2019 at 09:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tonywang123:
ghlkal (08-04-2019), pierrejoliat (04-12-2022)
Old 08-04-2019, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 326 Likes on 250 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Originally Posted by tonywang123
I just fixed the problem by myself. l
Thanks for following up and posting the link. That's helpful
Old 08-04-2019, 08:59 PM

GL350
Old 03-15-2020, 03:20 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
W221/W222/W213/X290

how much did this cost you if you don’t mind me asking? I have THE EXACT same problem. Same error code.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Originally Posted by Pablochacon
how much did this cost you if you don’t mind me asking? I have THE EXACT same problem. Same error code.
OP has not been active since 2016 so I do not think you are likely to get an answer.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:21 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
W221/W222/W213/X290
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
OP has not been active since 2016 so I do not think you are likely to get an answer.
dang :/
Old 03-17-2020, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
Pablochacon - did you see tonywang123's post earlier in this thread?

I just fixed the problem by myself. There are just some setting mistakes. When I correct the setting, sound comes back again. Please see settings here: https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class...ring-menu.html

Last edited by mtnman82; 03-17-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,123 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
For questions to members not currently active, it leaves one to try contact via Private Message or send Email. Click on members name and pick...
Old 02-07-2022, 02:17 PM

a45

I don’t know why I’m not understanding the fixing steps 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Old 04-11-2022, 10:54 PM

2014 SLK 250
DELETE

Last edited by MBbaxnugz1!; 04-11-2022 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:55 PM

2014 SLK 250
Hi everyone. I just joined to add some knowledge to this thread, and I'll separately post on an install of a backup camera/Airplay kit (from emerald integrations) that I recently installed.

On this topic, I had the same issue as well, on a 2014 SLK while I was doing my backup camera combo install. I may've made a mistake and changed Aux to ON prematurely, as I did not yet have the AUX cable plugged in. Sound was fine on the head unit when in the factory audio sources, like FM, then I shut it down and go to sleep and the next day all regular audio from the head unit is gone. Also, I run the circuit test and it says Loudspeaker NG. Ugh.

In poking around, I found some sites that all copy and paste the same info having to do similar issues, and they have a sequence of switching the Audio source (7.5 TGW Parameters, option (2). It's pretty clear they are copying and pasting the same info, as they all have the same typo. In any event, a few nights ago I did the following, and my sound is back and has stayed back. Specifically, and based on those posts, it's pretty clear that some cars have an issue switching the audio source when you make a different change, which in my case was either when I turned MOST off then on, or when I changed the AUX to on, but whichever it was, the Audio source then changes but it does not go into effect after the car goes to sleep. So, when I thought I had everything working, the change hadn't gone into effect -- I shut the car down for the night, but only the next morning was the failure apparent.

To fix this, I went into engineering mode, go to 7. HW settings, choose 7.5 TGW Parameter, (2) Audio source, and set it to external amplifier. Then, without exiting Engineering mode at all or making any other change, I shut off the car, locked it, and let it go to sleep mode (which evidently it does if it's left locked for at least 10 minutes.) The sites I found about this source are not at all clear as to when internal amplifier versus external amplifier is appropriate, but all I know is it made the sound come back, and it's been back for days. I have no idea if my car is optioned in some way having to do with the amplifier, but I'm pretty confident there's no aftermarket amplifier, so this made it work BEFORE I completed the new backup system audio portion.

In fact, as I completed my install, I later connected the system to the aux cable in the console (that connects to the AMI port), and in playing with the Engineering mode once again it switched back to internal amp, so I repeated the steps above and again it fixed it.

Hope this helps others.

Cheers.

Last edited by Steve_MB; 04-14-2022 at 07:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve_MB:
maxmenon (04-30-2024), pierrejoliat (04-15-2022)