E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Car is built/shipped. How long wait now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is built/shipped. How long wait now?

My E250BT was built on April 25th and shipped today(May 2nd), ETA to Baltimore is displayed May 14th. I have been told the vehicle will wait a few days in Baltimore at customs and then another a few days in transfer to my dealer in Boston, MA. Can anyone who has done special order in the past confirm this? or is it going to be much longer? thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC300
I did a Euro delivery, and it took almost exactly 30 days from shipment to arrive at my local dealer.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:06 PM

my dealer called yesterday to inform me my car has shipped which I already knew. He confirmed ETA at Baltimore is 5/14. He said it should arrive at the dealer on 5/18. I think its a very optimistic guess but I will take it. My calculations it cant get here before 22nd. I will let know who guessed right once the car arrives to Boston.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
My 2014 E350 Sport was built on June 17th and from the factory to the port at Bremerhaven and on the ship to me on June 19th. Using molroro.com and Marinetraffic.com, I impatiently tracked the Sunshine Ace as it is traveling to Cartegena, Columbia and then through the Panama Canal to California.

It took about 10 days to arrive through customs and shipping to my dealer.

Last edited by samkimg; 05-05-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
When mine finally got to the port (it was a week behind the date) it took about 6 days to get from the Brunswick GA port to Charlotte NC. This was in Jan of this year. I know it's a different port but just an idea of length. I know the wait was brutal because I watched the ship zigzag just off the coast for days. What did you get in order to have to special order it?
Good luck.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:31 PM

E250bt
4matic
Iridium silver
Black Leather
Walnut trims
Led lights package
sports package
Wheel locks
Rear spoiler
panorama roof
p1 package
Heated steering wheel
Heated active ventilated seats
Multicontour massaging driver seat
Folding rear seats
115v power outlet
comfort box
Drivers assist package
Parking assist package with 360 camera

Pretty much everything except designo seats, rear multimedia system and illuminating door sills. Have been waiting since feb 17th. It should arrive to baltimore in a few hours.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Substance
E250bt
4matic
Iridium silver
Black Leather
Walnut trims
Led lights package
sports package
Wheel locks
Rear spoiler
panorama roof
p1 package
Heated steering wheel
Heated active ventilated seats
Multicontour massaging driver seat
Folding rear seats
115v power outlet
comfort box
Drivers assist package
Parking assist package with 360 camera

Pretty much everything except designo seats, rear multimedia system and illuminating door sills. Have been waiting since feb 17th. It should arrive to baltimore in a few hours.
Awesome. If you ever decide to sell your car let me know. :-)
Old 05-18-2014, 12:19 PM

Thanks. I am planning to keep it for some years. I hope you dont mind the long wait

My dealer called today he said the car arrived yesterday(Saturday night) and will be available for processing first thing on Monday. So it took 3 days to arrive to my dealer from Baltimore and another business day at the dealer to process and make ready for view.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:04 AM

Went in and paid for the vehicle on monday and picked it up tuesday. 6 days including a weekend from the day the boat arrived to baltimore. I guess if the boat had arrived on monday or sunday night, I could have picked it up on friday for a total of 5 days which would be the most likely fastest possible.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
First impressions?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM

I love it. Its everything I was expecting from the vehicle and more. I already put 250 miles on it in a day and half. The engine feels smoother. Maybe another thousand or two miles for a proper break in.

I got it with every option offered from mb for this vehicle. They are all worth their money. The ones that stand out the most are:

Adaptive headlights: no brainer!!! Cosmetically the car looks way better even if you don't care for its technical benefits. from the dealer to home my wife was driving the e250 and i wad behind her in our other car following. It was at night i could see how intelligent light works better from behind. It narrow and widens, beams higher and lower according to the surrounding. Its amazing!!!

Self-driving: it really works!!! All you have to do is keep few fingers on the steering. It steers perfectly. You put the blinker on it switches lanes for you.

Audio system is very good but you need lossless or high bitrate music. Sound is on the bright side and detailed, compression artifacts on lossy music is well heard. Bass is strong but you dont get below 35-40hz which is fine in a car.

Low end torq is what makes this engine very fine. It has the nice diesel signature sound. Some hate it i love it. You rarely feel to step on gas it always has most of its 368lbs torq available. Its not a performance car but it is a good trade for 40+mpg.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:29 AM

Almost forgot. 360 camera is probably the most useful. Pulling in tight spots or watching out for the curb up front is no longer and issue. I made the fave button (star near command knob) 360 camera button. Hit the button you see the entire surrounding of the car. It lays lines over the video you know exactly where you tires will go over and how many inches you are away from an object from all directions
Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
Originally Posted by Substance
I love it. Its everything I was expecting from the vehicle and more. I already put 250 miles on it in a day and half. The engine feels smoother. Maybe another thousand or two miles for a proper break in.

Self-driving: it really works!!! All you have to do is keep few fingers on the steering. It steers perfectly. You put the blinker on it switches lanes for you.
Can you elaborate on this item "You put the blinker on it switches lanes for you"? I have the same systems and my 2014 E350 doesn't change lanes when I engage the blinker, but does disengage the driver assist (dashboard sheeting wheel icon goes from green to white), I then manually change lanes, and then the assist systems will reengage, turning the icon back to green.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
What in the world is the self-driving?? I have the PFL w212 and I admit that I did not really follow the new features of the FL versions.. but can someone please elaborate??