CPO Warranty Extension Cost - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
CPO Warranty Extension Cost >

CPO Warranty Extension Cost

E-Class (W212) 2010-present: E 350, E 550

Old 05-18-2018, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320

Certified Pre Owned vehicles from a Mercedes-Benz dealer come with an extra year of warranty and unlimited mileage. There's the possibility to extend the warranty by one or two years, both with unlimited mileage.

What have you paid for this two year extension? I'm based in Northern California, USA. Correct me if I'm wrong, I understand I can purchase the warranty anywhere in the USA.
My understanding is that the cost is the same for all E-Class vehicles; E250, E350, E400, E400 Hybrid, and E550 in RWD or AWD guise. The only exception is the AMG variant extended warranty costs more?

Thank you for your responses!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:22 AM

14 550 sedan
A good price I think should be anything close to $2000. The finance department you purchase from will probably convince you $2600-3000 is the best deal you'll ever find but you should just walk away from them and contact dealers across the nation for a better price. There's been a few discussions on the forums with contact info to get good cpo elw pricing.
The Following User Says Thank You to LemonSqueezy For This Useful Post:
patrick_y (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy View Post
A good price I think should be anything close to $2000. The finance department you purchase from will probably convince you $2600-3000 is the best deal you'll ever find but you should just walk away from them and contact dealers across the nation for a better price. There's been a few discussions on the forums with contact info to get good cpo elw pricing.
Got it. Thanks! My research on the forums seems to indicate a price of just under $2000 is possible for a 2 year CPO warranty extension if I call several mid-west dealers. Local dealers to me in the SF Bay Area are asking for exactly that range you implied.

Thanks again for your helpful response!
Old 05-18-2018, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I would post your question in the extended warranty forum https://mbworld.org/forums/extended-...scussions-191/

You'll get more responses and leads on dealers to work with to save $$ on price and sales tax if you buy out of state.