E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 E550 4Matic
Camber Kit

Hello, I have a 4 matic 2014 E550 (facelift) and recently purchased some Vogtland lowering springs. Everyone seems to be saying a camber kit is a good idea but i have not been able to find one. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thansks
Old 08-19-2018, 10:17 PM

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts
14 550 sedan
Maybe consider one of those k-mac adjustable control arms for the rear wheels, your front wheels will still be within spec after lowering.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 155 Likes on 125 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by KillBillz
Hello, I have a 4 matic 2014 E550 (facelift) and recently purchased some Vogtland lowering springs. Everyone seems to be saying a camber kit is a good idea but i have not been able to find one. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thansks
Yes Toe (directional) adjustment is all that is available OEM (new car industry's best kept secret).

CAMBER - Allows to actually "change tire contact angles" to resolve costly, premature edge tire wear, improving traction / understeer / oversteer

CASTER - Correctly resolves steering pull, increases steering response. With better turn in and high speed directional control. Along with improved anti dive / lift under brake and acceleration.

We saw the need therefore to re-instate from the early 90's full precise adjustment capability - TO FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. No more ongoing trips to dealers or alignment shops or constantly changing tire brands.

No above Camber and Caster adjustment is OK if maintained and driven at showroom height. But the reality of day to day commuting encountering high cambered roads or altered height through load carrying or lowering. Fitting wide profile tires / Wheels, Curb knocks.... Camber and Caster - full adjustment capability is essential.

For the front (only) you can fit inaccurate (one only offset position) fluted bolts - but they only offer a minimal 0.3 degrees (1/8").

The K-MAC patented design front kit provides up to 3 times the adjustment range of the "one position" bolts and is PRECISE SINGLE WRENCH ADJUSTABLE - accurately on car (under load) direct on alignment rack!

Extra feature is that the front kit replaces the 4 highest wearing suspension bushings and is mono ball /2 axis (self aligning) design without the OEM oil and air voids. Result is noticeably improved brake and steering response.

Rear kit also provides precise Camber adjustment for the first time (and extra Toe adjustment to compensate for the new Camber facility). Bush Extraction tool included allowing to fit on vehicle.

Other popular kits manufactured are front "replacement" top strut mounts (coil spring models) - for "Track days" Stage 2 (Street / Race) or Stage 3 (Full race) when wanting to reduce understeer - in the pursuit of hitting those corner apexes every time and going deeper into the corners with increased traction and braking response.

Also manufactured is uprated replacement bushings (12) for the '6' multi link rear arms. Providing significant improvement to rear end stability, less twitch / flex, loss of traction especially when applying power to lane change / overtake.

W212 incl. AMG
Front Camber and Caster kit #502916 K $480
Rear Camber (and extra Toe) kit #502226 $480

Stage 2 (Street / Race) Strut adjusters Camber and Caster kit #502916-2 L $545
Stage 3 (Full Race) Strut adjusters Camber and Caster kit #502916-3 L $545

Rear multi link arms performance bush kit (12) #502628 K $480

Delivery one kit $30 (each additional kit $20) PayPal, Visa or MasterCard.

See Web Site for complete listing / details Also front page can download catalog ( with page 3 - Quick Reference).

Old 08-20-2018, 07:37 AM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2007 cls550
Old 08-20-2018, 06:42 PM

2014 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by LemonSqueezy
Maybe consider one of those k-mac adjustable control arms for the rear wheels, your front wheels will still be within spec after lowering.
KMAC camber kit is kind of expensive. Cost more then the springs. Are there any other options? Im lowering to get better handling around corners
Old 08-20-2018, 06:44 PM

2014 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by 95viper
Is this image saying camber can be adjusted without any kits? front and back?
Old 08-20-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2007 cls550
Front only. Fixed adjustment only. Helps but does not “fix”. When you lower you increase the camber angle which is already more than many like but it is great for performance and handling if you are into that. I wasn’t on a CLS so I did the bolts.

There are two lower arms on each side that the bolts go into. Two of them also change caster but help camber too. You would see if you removed the splash shields and looked at the arms. Simply swap in new bolts properly in the grooves and get toe alignment.

For variable adjustment you have bushings such as kmac or adjustable arms. Front and rear. Going to get pricey though and not without drama for some. I left my rears alone and did the bolts in front.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ml55 amg
Buy UDP camber kit

Contact @ shardul

buy udp camber kit instead of wasting money on bushing kit.