Mercedes w213 Ambient Light doesn't work properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205
W213 ambient lights brightness stuck on 8%

Originally Posted by Raul92
I'm trying to give an answer here so that we don't look for another answer if this resolution of mine is beneficial to others.

I had the same problem and I started looking on the internet without realizing that I had changed the pollen filter. What I mean is that when you change the pollen filter on the right side of the driver, the plastic that will have to be disassembled will be 2 threadsOne is for the temperature sensor (the warm air that will circulate the car) and a second for the light under the feet. When disconnected it will turn off the lighting under the feet of both front passengers and half the lighting on the driver's side (as in the presentations above, It is seen that even the ambient light does not work at the feet anymore) Try to see if these 2 contacts are well put back in place, to me that was the problem and I would not have realized if I had not changed my pollen filter myself.
It is possible that sometimes after service B or A (when replacing air filters) some "craftsmen" forget to put back the two wires Excuse me if I made mistakes in expression
Hello all,
I have w213 ..2018 model . Upgraded small screen and NTG5 host to wide screen digital and host to 5.5... Audio 20

Two problems.

Ambient lights change color but brightness only goes upto 8% then turns off .
Error :
Communication with one or several color generation and coupling modules on Lin Bus 7 is faulty

2nd issue .isnavigation sd card not reading

Can any one help

Thank you in advance
Old 03-27-2024, 01:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 M-B E400 4Matic Wagon AMG-Line
Originally Posted by Raul92
I'm trying to give an answer here so that we don't look for another answer if this resolution of mine is beneficial to others.

I had the same problem and I started looking on the internet without realizing that I had changed the pollen filter. What I mean is that when you change the pollen filter on the right side of the driver, the plastic that will have to be disassembled will be 2 threadsOne is for the temperature sensor (the warm air that will circulate the car) and a second for the light under the feet. When disconnected it will turn off the lighting under the feet of both front passengers and half the lighting on the driver's side (as in the presentations above, It is seen that even the ambient light does not work at the feet anymore) Try to see if these 2 contacts are well put back in place, to me that was the problem and I would not have realized if I had not changed my pollen filter myself.
It is possible that sometimes after service B or A (when replacing air filters) some "craftsmen" forget to put back the two wires Excuse me if I made mistakes in expression
Another confirmation that this is the easy fix. My 2017 E400 wagon had the exact symptoms in your picture. When I dropped the plastic cover, my heart sunk a bit because it appeared that the wire was connected. I pushed on the connector and heard/felt a click. Voila, the lights worked as they should. The connector was not seated properly.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2024, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 E450 Coupe 4Matic; 2018 Audi Q5; 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
Originally Posted by Singapore 2023
excalty, the light wire did not install back after changing the air cabin filter
Back to this old thread, are we talking about the white color connector that connected to the footwell lamp?

I had my car replaced the cabin filter last September. I did not notice the footwell lamp that was not "on" until today.

I removed the under dash cover and found out the wire was disconnected. I searched everywhere under the dash and I could not find the connector.

My car is the C238 coupe and the plastic panel is extremely hard to remove under dash (actually do not know how to remove)

I am taking it back to the garage which replaced the cabin filter and let them figure out where is the connector.

My driver side ambient light does not work as well.

Last edited by Ultraman; 03-28-2024 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 M-B E400 4Matic Wagon AMG-Line
Originally Posted by Ultraman
Back to this old thread, are we talking about the white color connector that connected to the footwell lamp?

I had my car replaced the cabin filter last September. I did not notice the footwell lamp that was not "on" until today.

I removed the under dash cover and found out the wire was disconnected. I searched everywhere under the dash and I could not find the connector.

My car is the C238 coupe and the plastic panel is extremely hard to remove under dash (actually do not know how to remove)

I am taking it back to the garage which replaced the cabin filter and let them figure out where is the connector.

My driver side ambient light does not work as well.
Yes, the white connector. It is not easy to spot where it goes and the cover is difficult to work with. As I recall, the connector plugs into a raised black plastic "hump" just about in the center of the panel.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MNIAW
Yes, the white connector. It is not easy to spot where it goes and the cover is difficult to work with. As I recall, the connector plugs into a raised black plastic "hump" just about in the center of the panel.
I just spent 30 minutes remove the plastic panel and searched the connector for the footwell light and I finally found it behind the carpet. The guy from the garage forgot to plug it back.

I connected the connector to the footwell lamp and everything was back to normal now.

So, in the future if someone has this similar problem, check the footwell light connector first especially after the replacement of the cabin filter.

Thanks to the one who mentioned about the light connector in this thread.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:30 PM

Hi Guys,

Do the ambient lights even turn "ON" during daytime? How do you set them to turn the ambient lights automatically on when there is not enough lights outside?