Mercedes w213 Ambient Light doesn't work properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w213
Mercedes w213 Ambient Light doesn't work properly

Hi,
i have a problem with my Ambient Light in E-class W213, 2017. The left part doesn't work, please see the picture.

I have also read a trouble code with my Autel MaxiAp200:
"Communication with one or several color generation and coupling modules on Lin Bus 7 is faulty"

Last edited by TomaszKrupicz; 05-06-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
See attachments released by MBUSA they cover 2018 but you do not list your location in some markets 2017 = 2018 USA. Should be covered by warranty, you need to have someone check using Xentry (MB diagnostics).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2017090007.pdf (148.5 KB, 2517 views)
File Type: pdf
LI82.20-P-067044_Ver_1.pdf (33.8 KB, 1577 views)
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (01-08-2021)
Old 11-30-2020, 06:07 AM

w213
Thanks for your prompt reply, attached Docs and your advise.
I have alreqdy called MB and they told me that my Car is not included in This Warranty-Action (I bought a car in Germany)

Could you please just tell me why you assume, that this is a problem related to the update of the software? Have you had a similar issue before?
Old 05-06-2021, 02:10 AM

w213
I have same issues same car

Originally Posted by TomaszKrupicz
Thanks for your prompt reply, attached Docs and your advise.
I have alreqdy called MB and they told me that my Car is not included in This Warranty-Action (I bought a car in Germany)

Could you please just tell me why you assume, that this is a problem related to the update of the software? Have you had a similar issue before?
Did you find a way to fix it ? If yes please do let me know how? Because I’m having the same issue on my car its e300 2017

​​​​​​​thank you so much
Old 05-06-2021, 05:45 PM

w213
Yes, i fixed it!
check all the led lights (are all the lights ok?), when one is not working, that mean the circuit is not closed and the rest of the lights in this circuit will not work either.
In my case, the led lights in the space where the driver and passenger keep their legs were not connected, that couse a problem.

Quite easy thing, but tricky if you dont have a wiring diagram.

There is also probabilty that the LED is broken, but I do not know what kind of message you would find in your diagnostic device.

Last edited by TomaszKrupicz; 05-06-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:11 AM

2017 e220 coupe
Wiring diagram

Hi. I have the same problem with the dash ambient lighting on my 2017 e220 coupe. I’ve noticed that the footwell ambient lighting isn’t working either so I presume this is exactly the same problem. Where can I get a wiring diagram as you suggest?
Old 08-28-2022, 02:28 PM

Mercedes Benz E350e
Yes, i fixed it!
check all the led lights (are all the lights ok?), when one is not working, that mean the circuit is not closed and the rest of the lights in this circuit will not work either.
In my case, the led lights in the space where the driver and passenger keep their legs were not connected, that couse a problem.

There is also probabilty that the LED is broken, but I do not know what kind of message you would find in your diagnostic device.
Hi,
i have same problem with my Mercedes E350e like your picture shows.. How you fix it ?
Old 08-28-2022, 05:14 PM

2017 e220 coupe
The initial picture on this thread precisely replicated my fault and I found it useful to show the dealer. I initially took mine to the local Mercedes dealer and they charged me £80 for an diagnostic but they couldn’t find the cause of the fault. I asked them to check the wiring in the footwell and hey presto - the wires weren’t properly connected! This was easily rectified (apparently) and the LEDs now work perfectly. They charged me £50 for the work.

Old 08-29-2022, 02:55 AM

Mercedes Benz E350e
Originally Posted by LP14
The initial picture on this thread precisely replicated my fault and I found it useful to show the dealer. I initially took mine to the local Mercedes dealer and they charged me £80 for an diagnostic but they couldn’t find the cause of the fault. I asked them to check the wiring in the footwell and hey presto - the wires weren’t properly connected! This was easily rectified (apparently) and the LEDs now work perfectly. They charged me £50 for the work.
Hi LP14, maybe this is stuppid question, but what is presto wires?
Old 08-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Reference bulletin 067044 to have dealer initiate repair process: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8213433
Old 08-29-2022, 03:03 PM

2017 e220 coupe
“Hey presto” - a figure of speech!
Old 12-21-2022, 02:01 AM

MB E300 2019
E300 - Ambient Lighting Out Half Way on Driver Side

Yes, i fixed it!

Hi,
i have same problem with my Mercedes E300 like your picture shows.. How you fix it ? exactly same issue in driver side and driver foot Ambient Lighting Out Half Way on Driver Side
Old 12-21-2022, 02:03 AM

MB E300 2019
Hi,
i have same problem with my Mercedes E300 like your picture shows.. How you fix it ? exactly same issue in driver side and driver foot Ambient Lighting Out Half Way on Driver Side
Old 12-21-2022, 02:04 AM

MB E300 2019
Originally Posted by abdulaziztda
Did you find a way to fix it ? If yes please do let me know how? Because I’m having the same issue on my car its e300 2017

​​​​​​​thank you so much
Hi,
i have same problem with my Mercedes E300 year 2019 like your picture shows.. How you fix it ? exactly same issue in driver side and driver foot Ambient Lighting Out Half Way on Driver Side
Old 12-21-2022, 04:41 AM

Mercedes Benz E350e
Originally Posted by mohamin
Hi,
i have same problem with my Mercedes E300 year 2019 like your picture shows.. How you fix it ? exactly same issue in driver side and driver foot Ambient Lighting Out Half Way on Driver Side
My car was MB service in August 22.. they change new auxiliary battery to my car, and then problem came. So my problem was poorly attached wiring harness.. due to which the lights partially dimmed

BR
Petri
Old 12-21-2022, 05:28 AM

MB E300 2019
Exclamation Mercedes w213 Ambient Light doesn't work properly

Originally Posted by PeteFIN
My car was MB service in August 22.. they change new auxiliary battery to my car, and then problem came. So my problem was poorly attached wiring harness.. due to which the lights partially dimmed

BR
Petri
My Car had issue with auxiliary battery as well , i took it off , recharge it and re-install it again , the problem came as well , so can you please point out in picture where was the poorly attached wiring harness that you re-attached it well to fix that the lights partially dimmed ? i think i have the same exact issue , if you pointingout where i can attach the wiring harness well that would fix my problem i think .. waiting for your help ASAP please
Old 12-21-2022, 05:32 AM

MB E300 2019
Hi PrteFin,

My Car had issue with auxiliary battery as well , i took it off , recharge it and re-install it again , the problem came as well after re-installation , so can you please point out in picture where was the poorly attached wiring harness that you re-attached it well to fix that the lights partially dimmed ? i think i have the same exact issue , if you pointingout where i can attach the wiring harness well that would fix my problem i think .. waiting for your help ASAP please
Old 12-21-2022, 09:54 AM

Mercedes Benz E350e
Originally Posted by mohamin
My Car had issue with auxiliary battery as well , i took it off , recharge it and re-install it again , the problem came as well , so can you please point out in picture where was the poorly attached wiring harness that you re-attached it well to fix that the lights partially dimmed ? i think i have the same exact issue , if you pointingout where i can attach the wiring harness well that would fix my problem i think .. waiting for your help ASAP please
Hi, sorry i don’t really know what was poorly attached cable.. because car service fixed that.. same who change battery for me. Did you disconnect any wiring harness.. there maybe some contact problem.. double check👍
Old 12-29-2022, 09:32 PM

2023 GLE
Same Problem and More - brand new GLE

Hi,
i have a problem with my Ambient Light in E-class W213, 2017. The left part doesn't work, please see the picture.

"Communication with one or several color generation and coupling modules on Lin Bus 7 is faulty"
I got my 2023 GLE 3 weeks ago after a 3 month wait.

2 days ago, my dashboard (speed & rpm screen went black, not the info screen) didn’t work for a few hours. After many restarts and a couple hours it came back to normal.

Dashboard not working. From 2 days ago. See the ambient lighting “red” working.

Today, the ambient lighting partially stopped working. Only the drivers door working, the rest of the ambient lighting is not working.

Dashboard works now. Ambient lighting only works partially. Only drivers side works. See the mid console and the replay of the car doesn’t work.

I got out of the car and locked the doors thinking that a fresh entrance would fix the lights, as soon as I touched the door handle, the car unlocked and all the windows went down on their own at the same time.

I am taking the car to the dealer in the morning. Hopefully they can fix it.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:55 PM
pgz

mercedes e300
Hey any updates as what happened ? This is happening to me in my 2019 e300 as well

Originally Posted by onurkose
I got my 2023 GLE 3 weeks ago after a 3 month wait.

2 days ago, my dashboard (speed & rpm screen went black, not the info screen) didn’t work for a few hours. After many restarts and a couple hours it came back to normal.

Dashboard not working. From 2 days ago. See the ambient lighting “red” working.

Today, the ambient lighting partially stopped working. Only the drivers door working, the rest of the ambient lighting is not working.

Dashboard works now. Ambient lighting only works partially. Only drivers side works. See the mid console and the replay of the car doesn’t work.

I got out of the car and locked the doors thinking that a fresh entrance would fix the lights, as soon as I touched the door handle, the car unlocked and all the windows went down on their own at the same time.

I am taking the car to the dealer in the morning. Hopefully they can fix it.

hey I was wondering if you found the fix of this cause ? This same issue is happening to me but I warranty just ran out
Old 02-14-2023, 06:44 AM

W213
Originally Posted by pgz
hey I was wondering if you found the fix of this cause ? This same issue is happening to me but I warranty just ran out
I have the same problem. managed to solve?
Old 02-20-2023, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes e220d
Air filter in the cabin

Originally Posted by Sandromadruga
I have the same problem. managed to solve?
I had the same problem and I started looking on the internet without realizing that I had changed the pollen filter.
What I mean is that when you change the pollen filter on the right side of the driver, the plastic that will have to be disassembled will be 2 threads
One is for the temperature sensor (the warm air that will circulate the car) and a second for the light under the feet.
When disconnected it will turn off the lighting under the feet of both front passengers and half the lighting on the driver's side (as in the presentations above)
Try to see if these 2 contacts are well put back in place, to me that was the problem and I would not have realized if I had not changed my pollen filter myself.

Excuse me if I made mistakes in expression
Old 02-20-2023, 07:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes e220d
Ambient light wiring

Hi,

I'm trying to give an answer here so that we don't look for another answer if this resolution of mine is beneficial to others.

I had the same problem and I started looking on the internet without realizing that I had changed the pollen filter. What I mean is that when you change the pollen filter on the right side of the driver, the plastic that will have to be disassembled will be 2 threadsOne is for the temperature sensor (the warm air that will circulate the car) and a second for the light under the feet. When disconnected it will turn off the lighting under the feet of both front passengers and half the lighting on the driver's side (as in the presentations above, It is seen that even the ambient light does not work at the feet anymore) Try to see if these 2 contacts are well put back in place, to me that was the problem and I would not have realized if I had not changed my pollen filter myself.
It is possible that sometimes after service B or A (when replacing air filters) some "craftsmen" forget to put back the two wires Excuse me if I made mistakes in expression
The following 2 users liked this post by Raul92:
arion951 (11-07-2023), MNIAW (03-27-2024)
Old 07-09-2023, 06:32 AM

w213
Originally Posted by Raul92
I had the same problem and I started looking on the internet without realizing that I had changed the pollen filter.
What I mean is that when you change the pollen filter on the right side of the driver, the plastic that will have to be disassembled will be 2 threads
One is for the temperature sensor (the warm air that will circulate the car) and a second for the light under the feet.
When disconnected it will turn off the lighting under the feet of both front passengers and half the lighting on the driver's side (as in the presentations above)
Try to see if these 2 contacts are well put back in place, to me that was the problem and I would not have realized if I had not changed my pollen filter myself.

Excuse me if I made mistakes in expression

excalty, the light wire did not install back after changing the air cabin filter
Old 07-09-2023, 09:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,547 Likes on 2,165 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Raul92
I'm trying to give an answer here so that we don't look for another answer if this resolution of mine is beneficial to others.

I had the same problem and I started looking on the internet without realizing that I had changed the pollen filter. What I mean is that when you change the pollen filter on the right side of the driver, the plastic that will have to be disassembled will be 2 threadsOne is for the temperature sensor (the warm air that will circulate the car) and a second for the light under the feet. When disconnected it will turn off the lighting under the feet of both front passengers and half the lighting on the driver's side (as in the presentations above, It is seen that even the ambient light does not work at the feet anymore) Try to see if these 2 contacts are well put back in place, to me that was the problem and I would not have realized if I had not changed my pollen filter myself.
It is possible that sometimes after service B or A (when replacing air filters) some "craftsmen" forget to put back the two wires Excuse me if I made mistakes in expression
Glad you discovered it, might be the cause for others' ambient lighting not working after all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes w213 Ambient Light doesn't work properly