E/W214: Problems with Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM

Received 314 Likes on 236 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
Hi Gang,
Well, after three weeks of driving after they did a software update at dealership, my screens went blank, then after 1 minute the Logo comes up and reboots. So software update did not correct issue other than it happens not as often. This is a serious issue if driving at night or using the navigation. It is a safety issue. Called my dealership, will call Mercedes.
Mercedes knows about this. It will probably take up to three months for a fix. My dealer was not aware of the problem (supposedly) but I wanted to be on record that I have been experiencing the issue. We shall see. Not a good look for sure.
Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 812 Likes on 644 Posts
Because it is a safety issue you should report it to your state regulator as well as the NHTSA. There is a link at www.NHTSA.gov to report a safety issue.
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
350 E
Thanks, everyone. Yes, my dealer in NJ knows nothing. Will reach out as it is a safety issue if happens at night. I even lose what the speed signs are stating.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
W214 E350
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
Thanks, everyone. Yes, my dealer in NJ knows nothing. Will reach out as it is a safety issue if happens at night. I even lose what the speed signs are stating.
That seems to be the default position of all dealerships for these types of problems. It is a new car that has only been out less than a year so it's possible that some dealers have not heard of this but there have been enough reports of it here to reasonably assume that some dealers have heard of this. At least yours does now since they heard it from you.